Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
My brother smokes the penstyle as I do so when I order supplies, I just order extra for him. No problem there. But his wife isn't so keen on the pen....preferring something smaller and with a round mouthpiece (but not the supermini!). To make a long story short, I thought I'd buy her the Dura for her birthday (which has now passed). I decided to try it before I gave it to her to make sure everything was working properly.

The batteries that came with it died within the first couple of days....but Jeff was really the best with replacing them quickly, without my even sending back the bad ones. But then the same thing happened again. The new batteries worked when I received them, worked after a night of charging, then died after the next charge.....both of them in succession.

At this point, I was wondering if it was the charger....or maybe something I was doing. Afterall, I am a rather heavy smoker and maybe it was just too much for the Dura system.

Upon notifying Jeff, he promptly replied that there has been a problem with the batteries and modified ones will be coming in next week, if I could wait for them...which I will.

As far as the Dura goes....outside of the battery problem, I thought it was a great little ecig. I like the one piece cart and it holds a lot more than it looks like it could. I really like the round mouthpiece....no primer hit necessary...felt just like smoking a real cig. Great vapor too! I almost thought of keeping it for myself but I really have my hands full right now with all my various pen devices :rolleyes:

Anyhoo....although the product was faulty and yes, has been a royal pain in the ........Jeff has really come through on the customer service end.

I fear, however, that once I get it straightened out with the new (hopefully stable) batteries, I am going to have to sell it. My sister-in-law is not on the internet. She and my brother do no online shopping. I am not going to be the one to have to follow up on this thing should replacements be needed. I guess this is why I am not such a big fan of longer warranties. If the products go bad, I am not the one who wants to keep contacting the supplier, waiting for replacements, etc.

Once the battery issues get resolved though, I for one would recommend the Dura for the reasons listed above.

Lu

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
exactly the same with a few replacements my battery wher not DOA they where blinking and shorted out first email from jeff was a status question because it seemed to me that my mini batts would work which did not and no response sence my reply that it would not work and i needed replacements did not know of the bad batch till your post today and it has been a few days

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I had the same issues with the Dura batteries, and Jeff has answered within minutes. He has also sent me three replacement batteries which got to me in a couple of days. I just ordered another Dura in the pre-sale because I simply love this e cig...even with the battery problems. Jeff said in an email a few minutes ago that the new orders would have batteries with the problem corrected and that he would also replace my current problem batteries with the new versions. Jeff is number 1 IMO.

Bounty,

You most likely got the new batteries. I can't imagine they would send out a new order with the defunct batts.

I really feel for Jeff though. I mean, I wrote him at least 4 times (each time a batt failed). Imagine all those with the same problem writing at the same time...sheesh! :yawn:

Lu

I hope so. I'm not worried if I didn't, I'm sure it will be taken care of.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Bounty,

I really feel for Jeff though. I mean, I wrote him at least 4 times (each time a batt failed). Imagine all those with the same problem writing at the same time...sheesh! :yawn:

Lu
I felt really bad for him also because he is such a good guy. However, I love the Dura when the batteries are working and do not want to give up on it.

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
Don’t give up on the Dura! I love this device; actually I think it shows that they are willing to fully stand behind their product. Handling a first run malfunction like this is a very hard thing to do. Personally I received some replacement batteries and they had the same problem, but that was before they were fully aware of the scope of the problem. Now I will be receiving replacements from the new batch. IMO All Dura owners should test their current batteries and if the light cuts out in less than 7 seconds (Or so) on a 8 second test drag or is working only under “special” conditions (Spinning, holding it a special way, etc.) this is not normal and you should contact your Janty rep for replacement batteries.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Thanks Val, your a peach.
Sun, I just went to Janty and they don't show the charger case for sale anymore. ???
Hope we don't get outed for thread jacking. Maybe not since this is all Dura related discussion. I'm very Interested in the charger case but don't know if it's proven tech yet.

SambucaLu, did you get your batteries yet? good batch?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread