WooHoo, I got my Dura!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
If you want to be a tester for faulty products, that's up to you. I can buy the cheapest 901 out there and it will work, I don't think it's too much to ask that one of the most expensive e-cigs should do the same. Warranty is all well and good but if it takes 10 days to get replacements it's not worth it. The PCC uses one battery to charge another without a DC-DC voltage converter, it is poor design and even poorer construction.

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
I'm with you on this Pete. I'm on my third replacement now, this time a complete new unit. Still rubbish battery life and the carts leak everywhere. Reading some of the reviews on here of this thing it's almost as if there are two completely different models doing the rounds or maybe an 'Emperor's New Clothes' situation.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
I'm with you on this Pete. I'm on my third replacement now, this time a complete new unit. Still rubbish battery life and the carts leak everywhere. Reading some of the reviews on here of this thing it's almost as if there are two completely different models doing the rounds or maybe an 'Emperor's New Clothes' situation.

It does seem to me that the US gets better service / products from Janty than we do:( Trouble is I broke my own rule of only buying from UK suppliers when I got the Dura, at least then there is a modicum of consumer protection. Anyway even when it worked I was less than impressed so I'll stop flogging a dead horse. A very expensive lesson learned.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Sorry to hear of your bad experience with the Dura.

I, like many others, have had a great experience with the device itself.

I do however, agree with you on the PCC. Aside from the convenience of a general case, I too find it chintsy built and needs (for me anyways) a modification to force the battery to properly connect and charge since the lid does not provide enough tension to make contact and initiate a charge.

VapeOn,
Greg

gto

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
SoCal
Loving my Dura, as long as this atomizer lasts more than 24 hours...

How long are you guys charging your batteries? It says 1 hour after the initial 8 hour in the little manual, that doesn't seem long enough.

With the portable cig case charger, do you think constantly charging the batteries in small increments is bad for battery life?

Janty atomizers are amazing. Just blow them out at night & set upright.
While I have 3 spares, I'm still using the 1 original I started with & going on 1 month. Vapes the same since break in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread