WooHoo, I got my Dura!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

parked

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Very disappointing to here. I was about to try the Dura as my next e-cig because you need batteries some of the time (looks a little silly with the passthough when you are out and about)--glad I read these posts--Thanks for the feedback!

Still getting 4 to 5 hours on my battery's :) and I know others are as well.

Maybe some of you guys have defective battery's or they were not properly
conditioned when you received the kit.

It's important to let it have a full 12 hour charge right out of the box

Not just on this e-cig but anything that runs on a battery now days to get the full potential out of a battery and max life.

If you did this however and still not getting a full 4 to 5 hours on one battery something is wrong and you need to contact Jeff I'm sure he will replace the battery

Thanks

Parked

parked

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I don't know I can't answer for them I'm just trying to figure out what the problem could be

I have had the Dura the longest out of all the peeps in the USA and I'm still getting the 4 to 5 hours charge for each battery on this thing.

It's either bad battery's they have which could be it !

Remember this is a 1st gen model so there are bound to be small issues with certain unit's Just like other companies have with items when first released.

Or

They were not properly conditioned !

Those are the only 2 things that could be wrong and why it's not staying charged

Thanks

Parked

Last edited:

HDBanger

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montrose, MN
Well for the last 9 days, my Dura batteries have been lasting forever! I got a SD and now the Dura sits in the closet waiting for guests to use. The Dura is a nice unit for sure, but unless Janty comes out with a USB passthru, I wont be buying replacement parts at 28 bucks a battery and 25 bucks an atomizer, thats just insane. SD or 901 passthru with apc power pack for on the go are the only two E-cigs I could seriously recommend to anyone trying to give up analogs for vaping. I dont think Janty will make a usb passthru for the simple reason, they make most of their ching off replacement parts. I love Jeff at USA Janty, cant beat his customer service, but the prices for replacement parts kind of makes Janty the "mac" (I mean this as a status, not better than pc) of the ecig world.

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
My main concern when I made my last post was that it appeared Janty were trying to say that 50 minutes was about all I should expect from the device. However, Jeff PMd me just before the forum went down to confirm that I should be getting at least the same life as I do from a pen style and to ask Harry for replacement batteries. Harry got in touch to say they had got confused and that the batteries were faulty and they have sent me new batteries.

Unfortunately I have exactly the same problem with the new batteries. I'm not smoking this any differently to my other devices and I get about 3 -4hours from my KB. I charged the device as instructed in the booklet and with this unit I've used one battery exclusively on the USB and the other just on the mains charger. I thought this could be a way of seeing if one of the chargers is at fault but getting the same results from both chargers.

I've been wondering if it's something to do with the atomiser. My Dura doesn't drain the cartridges very well at all. It seems to get very hot and dry out the top of the filler before it has a chance to wick all the liquid. This also seems to be quite a different experience to the reviews I've had so maybe something's running it too hot. Anyway, I've contacted Janty again and waiting to see what they say. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

PS Very impressed with Jeff's customer service. He's been very helpful and I didn't even buy it from his shop!

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Had the Dura for a few days now and I'm not very impressed:( Battery life is OK Throat hit is OK Cart life is good, Casing battery thing is OK. It's generally an OK e-cig, but not impressive. Maybe I'm getting too long in the tooth to be impressed by the hype, it's just a better than average e-cig, the only advantage it has over a EVO / M401 is the carts are easy to top off. It has done one thing though, after buying about every e-cig on the planet, thats it, no more. I have settled on the e-cigs I want to use and the Dura is not one of them. Any sensible offers accepted for a barely used Dura & casing!!

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I have the Dura and love it, BUT the batteries suck. I have had one battery replaced, and now have two dead ones. Jeff is investigating, and will no doubt make good on it. However, it is maddening to constantly have batteries fail. I have only had the Dura for two weeks. Meanwhile, the DSE901b I bought from China on Ebay for $29.00 including shipping continues to work great.

Still getting 4 to 5 hours on my battery's :) and I know others are as well.

Maybe some of you guys have defective battery's or they were not properly
conditioned when you received the kit.

It's important to let it have a full 12 hour charge right out of the box

Not just on this e-cig but anything that runs on a battery now days to get the full potential out of a battery and max life.

If you did this however and still not getting a full 4 to 5 hours on one battery something is wrong and you need to contact Jeff I'm sure he will replace the battery

Thanks

Parked

I'm guessing it may be a bad batch because I followed the instructions for the initial charge to the letter and I'm still only getting about 2.5 to 3 hours. Also the atomizer gets really hot but I've been trying to give it 20 secs or so between puffs to keep that to a minimum.
However, I have every confidence that Jeff will take care of any problems. He's always been very responsive to any concerns I've had.:)

Last edited:

Chuffer

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2008
New York State
When I first got and used my Dura, I thought, well, this is just o.k., with a moderate, sometimes-in-sometimes-out throat/lung hit. But after several days of all-day use, this thing has really come alive for me. The atomizer cooks my juice nice and hot, the batteries last about four hours (total time--not of constant use) and recharge in about an hour, and the carts are easy to drip.

Chuffer

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2008
New York State
AH!:thumb:

So is everyone measuring the time from when it's removed from the charger to when it no longer activates the atomizer OR actual use time.

I am referring to actual use time which is 2-2.5 hours.

Anyone else want to clarify?

Thanks!

For me, the battery lasts four to five hours from when it's removed from the charger to when it no longer activates the atomizer.

parked

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
When I first got and used my Dura, I thought, well, this is just o.k., with a moderate, sometimes-in-sometimes-out throat/lung hit. But after several days of all-day use, this thing has really come alive for me. The atomizer cooks my juice nice and hot, the batteries last about four hours (total time--not of constant use) and recharge in about an hour, and the carts are easy to drip.

Chuffer-

you are right the thing gets better and better overtime !

Thanks

Parked

Chuffer

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2008
New York State
O.k., I really do like using my Dura. I know some other purchasers were underwhelmed, but this whole e-cig business is very subjective, or I just got a good one. Vapor, draw, battery life, lung punch were all good once I broke it in. But now I must report, after all of three weeks of use, that one of the batteries has died. Guess I'll see how Janty's vaunted customer service is. Arrgghh...I hope this is just the birthing pains of a new product--yes, I know, that's the common refrain of the e-cig consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread