Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thank you everyone for your awesome advice. You have really helped me! And good news is that I've enjoyed having an rta and I'm going to stick with it. It's so much easier than going through premade coil after premade coil!

One more questions, what coil do you recommend for the Kylin Mini? Right now I'm using fused Claptons with 6 wraps. I've noticed more people are using coils with spaces between the wraps.
Coil preference is highly subjective, much like juices. I love AVS (Advanced Vape Supply) coils and they offer sample packs that would allow you try different types. Spaced coils are considered flavor coils. I honestly don't notice much flavor difference. I like spaced coils because I'm lazy and they are easier.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Coil preference is highly subjective, much like juices. I love AVS (Advanced Vape Supply) coils and they offer sample packs that would allow you try different types. Spaced coils are considered flavor coils. I honestly don't notice much flavor difference. I like spaced coils because I'm lazy and they are easier.
I'm going to use up these fused Claptons by Vicious Twists (really good price) and then start experimenting with spaced coils. :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
New question for you friends. How do I know when it's time to change the coil itself?
Your flavor will start to fade. Do you know about dry burning your coil to keep it clean? I dry burn and brush every wick change with exotics. With single wire builds as often as not I'll toss the coil/wick and just install a new build.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
New question for you friends. How do I know when it's time to change the coil itself?

I change my simple builds out around once a week but thanks to @Letitia getting me into more exotic builds Claptons, Tidal, and such I just dry burn once a week unless I am using a really sweet juice then I dry burn as needed to keep the coils gunk free.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I'm going to use up these fused Claptons by Vicious Twists (really good price) and then start experimenting with spaced coils. :)
You can space out Claptons also. I prefer contact coils myself for spaced are to cool of a Vape for me.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Cas002

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2018
Omaha NE
I have a Kylin v2 RTA (not a mini) and it does leak/sweat even with good wicking. Hopefully the mini leaks less. When you are wicking your cotton make sure the cotton doesn't fill the juice ports - just enough should hang into the ports to pull juice up to coil. Also make sure the cotton is snug, but not tight, in the ports to minimize leaking around the cotton and into build deck. I bet you are already enjoying the great flavor of the Kylin :D

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
I have a Kylin v2 RTA (not a mini) and it does leak/sweat even with good wicking. Hopefully the mini leaks less. When you are wicking your cotton make sure the cotton doesn't fill the juice ports - just enough should hang into the ports to pull juice up to coil. Also make sure the cotton is snug, but not tight, in the ports to minimize leaking around the cotton and into build deck. I bet you are already enjoying the great flavor of the Kylin :D
I have been enjoying a level of flavor I never experienced sub-ohming. And I'm not longer scared of building. The Mini is a single coil deck and it's really easy. I may try an RDA at some point too if anyone has recommendations.

• Love
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread