My first (successful) rda coil build. Pretty stoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LikelySplash710

Sep 28, 2017
If you have cordless (or corded) drill and a paper clip, you can make twisted wire. On my TFV4's rba I use twisted 26g, single coil, and it's about .6 ohms. It hits 40 watts no problem. If you did dual coil 24g twisted, you could easily hit 70+ watts in an rda.

kp6Lp363xwHV6buRQfcIUds9cPZVXjD98goGt6nDDVZcXo5e0DMwUKpZ71pR6mHE37yiLteRJeWO5DDrBKTDTKEyWJpTFEJDlBlIJJe1X48zGGYytFnwBrCNggEsreRI7wbgkRyWS8viQUKdJ3cjnfK80K1hRfVNSNGVoYRMqwD3RI7CTYRgi8bJeEeeGqa5seExs8i1Yv2Bf9hNrj2ci31bSLPuSB-z5fvmfuEmua6lCzkkMgzQdgIp_PW7c_kRmXJje-WWqGb-WDOwuUOQIoJrAQwwtd1haqKWyP8yAioer9DFsKlu-C0r3ewNIfAJ2nIeuGB4hPeqVUwaiTzNHnZNPvJvrN2ez0LdK6Z5SAc3cQxFdSLigc6zPeOlEYRYeapQo64gKmDf76FEmIMosxA-S4kiS8_G3OzgMy7eEU2DwsG7zO3haYCUMDVVYH2W7rX5gBNf4iJFRQKkypG_InYXjwPcAEawDNBGM_3AjdA2kAnWSrPo8qhXkuVmrG64GG-9YOII-SlZSnlMNM3bcJ4G8YFRt0fCObt-ILe1aWSzaxrFYFjYwAd3ovt9rpvNNLRLdFUXuFFytmeg5NEGp-mGwugyoYUs80h4D0Uu5w=w842-h855-no
I'm rockin this for the moment. 6 wraps 22ga .17 pretty solid vape easier on my juice cool clouds

Attachments

• 15066465515311707621079.jpg
    15066465515311707621079.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Thanks boss I guess now I'm curious about my battery it has two batteries and as I have been told my screen shows their individual voltage at about 3.7 to calculate my voltage do I add them together?
You have a regulated mod (assuming we're still talking about your Siggie 213). The microchips worry about voltage so you don't have to. The mod almost certainly uses the batteries in series, thus doubling the voltage for its supply. But it applies voltage to the atomizer at whatever level may be required to make your set watts given the atomizer resistance. (In power mode. TC is similar but not exactly the same.)

LikelySplash710

Sep 28, 2017
You have a regulated mod (assuming we're still talking about your Siggie 213). The microchips worry about voltage so you don't have to. The mod almost certainly uses the batteries in series, thus doubling the voltage for its supply. But it applies voltage to the atomizer at whatever level may be required to make your set watts given the atomizer resistance. (In power mode. TC is similar but not exactly the same.)
So that means I don't need to mess with the voltage at all I just was confused by some other posts I read. Also tfv4 single coil build suggestions?

Reactions: stols001

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
So that means I don't need to mess with the voltage at all I just was confused by some other posts I read. Also tfv4 single coil build suggestions?
Yes, you don't worry about it on a regulated mod. Amps, Volts and Ohms are the three parameters used to describe any electrical circuit including vape mods. They are inter-related; change any one and one or both the others must move to keep the equation in balance. Watts are a measure of power, similar to horsepower but smaller. Having set watts-- that is, the total amount of power you want the mod to apply-- the machine will measure the ohms of your coil and apply whatever voltage and current lies withing its capability to make your set watts. You don't need it, but here's an illustrated diagram about how they all fit together:

OhmsLaw.jpg

I'm afraid I don't have your tank, and thus no idea about a build for it.

LikelySplash710

Sep 28, 2017
Also I have ideas for my rda since the airflow sucks and people have suggested drilling it out. Either drilling the original holes larger or making a second set of holes on the opposite sides that are larger. Or a second same size hold next to the original one

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Also I have ideas for my rda since the airflow sucks and people have suggested drilling it out. Either drilling the original holes larger or making a second set of holes on the opposite sides that are larger. Or a second same size hold next to the original one
I have done so on more than one occasion. Bear in mind a) the airflow must match the vapor stream coming off the coils for the best vape; cloud machines have more air than flavor chasers. And b) try to position your holes so the airflow is directed at the coil surface.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
I'm thinking of grabbing Clapton coil when I go to the store any suggestions?

HAHA didnt even see this. ya I always use clapton. if you chain vape ... heat builds up fast...

but use lots of cotten reduces heat a bit.

higher wattage... I usually keep it to 6 wraps.... hard to get it right, I usually end up with one side that heats a little faster than the other side.

it isnt too bad though. Flavor is off the CHARTS insane. I can barely stand regular coil now. Cloud beast. Of course higher wattage will do that. and they last forEVER. Like, normal coils... after about a week... they get to a yucky state... I can have claptons in for a month with a few burnings... theyre good.

LikelySplash710

Sep 28, 2017
HAHA didnt even see this. ya I always use clapton. if you chain vape ... heat builds up fast...

but use lots of cotten reduces heat a bit.

higher wattage... I usually keep it to 6 wraps.... hard to get it right, I usually end up with one side that heats a little faster than the other side.

it isnt too bad though. Flavor is off the CHARTS insane. I can barely stand regular coil now. Cloud beast. Of course higher wattage will do that. and they last forEVER. Like, normal coils... after about a week... they get to a yucky state... I can have claptons in for a month with a few burnings... theyre good.
What ga Clapton do you use?

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
What ga Clapton do you use?

26ga+32ga

Also how is the juice consumption?

Juice consumption isnt too bad... I guess it all depends on how much Im vaping... Ive been on this 60 ml of strawberry since tuesday and im only half done. But... I havent been vaping much this week. There was a day where I hardly Vaped at all.

Generally I had vaped some regular coils a few weeks ago (Vape shop built them for me since i didnt have any coils with me and had just bought the RDA) Anyways. Juice consumption seems quite similar. Maybe a little extra....but nothing too bad. They tend to Hit harder so I take less vapes too..but I you do need to run them at higher wattages. I think 60-80 is a sweet spot for them. So ...if you dont vape that high, then juice consumption will go up probably...

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Juice consumption is massive with Clapton coils. I never run dual claptons for that reason. I've also noticed that the effect of claptons is highly dependent on your atomizer. In some, I've found the flavour increase minimal, and not worth the juice inefficiency. In my Hadaly, however, the difference is astounding to the point that I can't use standard round wire in it anymore.

I have 26/38ga SS on a spool, and 26/38 fused Ni80 which I buy in sticks. The fused nichrome is my Hadaly Clapton wire and I get three coils per stick - I could easily get 90days from one stick (honestly probably closer to 120 days) but I'm .... and scrap my coils regularly. I spare no expense on wick and wire.

Point is, claptons can have massive advantages, but not always, in my experience. DEFINITELY worth grabbing some to play with though. Pre-made claptons are pricey, be forewarned.

They also take significant effort to work out hot spots and shorts - and be aware of those shorts. My Hadaly coil is 0.31 ohms on the money once prepped; it will usually read 0.16-0.19 when freshly installed. You need to be confident in your calculations, be patient when dry burning and shaping - take your time and start around 20w.

Stating it again for effect: you cook that sucker for as long as it takes and be GENTLE with it. Getting an even, centre-out glow on a Clapton is paramount.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
...I usually end up with one side that heats a little faster than the other side.

Those are imbalanced coils. If you aren't balanced you are effectively draining added battery and juice for no real gain. The slower coil is still cooking juice and draining battery but won't be performing optimally for vapour and flavour gains. If they read evenly then it's possible you didn't spend enough time working the coils in before wicking.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
My juice consumption isnt that bad... Hmm.

Ive been on a 60 ml for about 4 days and only half way through.

As for premade claptons...

Not really that expensive. There are certain places you can find certain types of decent clapton wire in spools of 15 feet for a decent amount of money... unless you mean pre coiled too... then ya, innefficient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread