My GG UFSv2 perfect except for one thing, help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingTums

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I have had a UFS for about 2 weeks and it has been amazing. Using it with a 1.8 ohm i06 and WTA juice and have quit smoking the 3 or so analogues a day I was still smoking. Only problem I am finding is that the tank is air tight so the juice stops being fed to the atomizer. The only way to fix it so far is unscrewing the top of it to let some air in there and then it is all good.

I am finding I have to do this once or twice per refill on short mode. I leave the mouthpiece loose as per videos but it doesn't help. On the videos I have seen it seems it is meant to bubble and allow air in with each puff when the mouthpiece is loose.

Unscrewing it a bit isn't too bad except that some juice / moisture comes out and it needs wiping and it is a pain if I am out of the house and it suddenly needs air in.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I removed the o-ring on the top part of the clear window peice (not the bottom) as it wasn't allowing me to screw the top metal piece onto it without some of the oring still showing.

How can I get it so the tank is the same pressure as the atmosphere without screwing the top off? It happens with thick and thin juice. If I can fix this then this will be the perfect device for me.

Still also debating on whether to also get an Odysseus or a Zenesis to try my hand at rebuildable atomizers, but the UFS is great anyhow.

VapingTums

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
When I say air tight, I mean that it seems that the juice stops going into the atomizer even fully opened until some air is allowed into the tank from the top. I can still vape it and air goes in through the air holes fine. It just tastes burnt.

I will try disassembling and applying Vaseline again.

Air tight with air ring opened?

You might have a leak that block air;

You bought it used?

Might wanna change the o-rings in it.

You could try by disassembling it and lubing every o-rings and threaded parts you see with at least vaseline.

Might just cure the whole problem!

VapingTums

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Okay thanks, I get the feeling that the holes on the i06 may not be lining up properly and are only partly exposed. In order to show them more I would have to loosen the atomizer a bit from the connection which makes me a bit nervous as the videos I've seen mentioned tightening it firmly so it doesn't come loose.

Will give it a go once this tank runs out.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Yeah, make sure all those holes in the base are clear, I personally never have loosened a top to get these to work, when clean and right they should be just fine with the air control open a 1/4 turn and the juice 1/2 turn open until near the end of the tanl.....:)

....do what Rip sez.

Look at the threaded section of the base

UFS_Connector____4e3501736954a.jpg

There are 4 holes (3,6,9,12 o'clock). Make sure they are thoroughly cleaned so air flow isn't restricted. Buying used usually means you have to do a complete cleaning of the device so while you are at it disassemble everything, clean, lube, and you'll be in great shape.

Zen makes great stuff......Imeo makes better than great stuff. Just sayin'......

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Im sure the way its designed you dont need any holes lined up if you screw an attie into the connector and look at the gaps in the connector theres a 1mm or there abouts gap right round the attie where the holes in the attie are

Imeo has mentioned seversl times that the holes do not have to lign up perfectly. So I believe you are right.

The only advice I can give for the OP is maybe try closing the air a bit when it stops feeding and do some primer puffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread