My IBTanked is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
So after reading all the reviews, and having never used a carto tank before, I decided I MUST have the most recommended one. So ordered a clear tank with anodized silver caps, a refilling drip tip, a few spare seals and a pack of five Smok pre-punched 3.2 ohm cartomizers.

It was shipped March 4th and got here to the UK 10 days later! Not before customs and the dreaded Royal Mail handling fee though. On a $49 order, I got charged £5.86 VAT and £8 handling fee, bumping up the total cost by around 47% to $72.86 :shock:
Still, for one of the best quality tanks and a few bits, it's definitely worth it to me.

I had already read quite a bit about filling, priming and re-filling, but I found the included instructions super easy to follow and it worked perfectly. I had a kitchen towel ready, but merely needed to give the drip tip a little wipe. Much better than I thought my first attempt would be!

I primed using the included thingy (works exactly as described), took a few primer puffs at low power, steadily increased it and BAM! Amazing flavour at 6W compared to my usual 8W on the Aerotank!

Anyway, here's a pic on my Provari Mini

What I find amazing is that I'm getting a serious long lasting flavour and I'm sure I can even smell it in the air :D I'm using a Chocomint juice from LT Ecigs and can taste it way more than I could in the Aerotank. Even though I have no air adjustment, it seems about what I would have it set to on an RDA anyway.

Do I think it's worth the cost, including the extra I paid at customs? Absolutely! I'll shortly be ordering a ton more cartomizers (pre-punched flanged are hard to find in a merry old England, especially at this price!) and maybe another tank soon too!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Another Provari and IBTanked lover here - three Provari's and twelve IBTanked. A winning combination! :thumbs:

IBTanked Pyrex Cartotanks - Review

IBTanked-MiniProvari.jpg IBTankedXL22.jpg IBTanked_Std_22mm_Tank.jpg IBTanked-large-small.jpg

Last edited:

Moonswanni

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
The Winner Circle
My next purchase will definitely be an IBTanked. Lucky, how does vapor production compare to the Aerotank?

I don't pay attention to vapor production (my ejuice PG/VG ratio is all over the board) but the flavor is more pronounced. Complex ejuices tend to work very well in a carto tanks (for me) but some ejuices just need to stay in tanks. If this is your first carto tank, you'll love how long one carto lasts compared to something like the Aerotank.

Last edited:

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I just placed an order for two today. One each for the wife and myself. I am looking forward to giving this a try. I have been getting irritated with building coils and cant stand the muted taste on my pt so i am hoping this will give me some joy. Thank you everyone for the suggestions on this. especially baditude.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
Very nice! I have 2 XL and the standard 22mm and really like them. I use the Smok and Boge cartos and up until Monday used exclusively in my 2 Provari. Bought a Sigelei 20W and to be honest I like the way the IBTanked vapes on the Sigelei much better. Better thoat hit and vapor using the same settings. Not sure why as I use the rings on the Provari and the Sigelei has one as well. My Provari's are great and have no intention of getting rid of them though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread