My mouth is wrecked HELP STOP THE PAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbjoran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Riverdale, GA
Better yet, see your dentist! I recently developed oral shingles, doc proscribed antibiotics but no pain relief ... dentist was much more sympathy.

I would say the general consensus here is to see a doctor (ENT, dentist, GP, etc.). The shingles sounds most likely but you never know.

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
if your mouth is as tore up as you say it could be an allergy to a flavor, or pg, or shingles, or the martian flu.
either way, you need a doc to check it or you run some SERIOUS risks, like ulcerating jaw, or nerve damage.

Rather than run the risk of perm damage, I think we ALL would rather NOT answer what we speculate this might be and you need to .... and see a doc asap!

kbjoran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Riverdale, GA
Personally, I can NOT imagine a person with enough intelligence to give up analogues who would endure this problem for over a month now. Though I do have sympathy/empathy for someone with this condition, insurance or NOT, I would seek medical advice. This person has totally refused (or not responded to) our advice to seek medical attention YET is still looking for someone else who has suffered this affliction due to their vaping experience. Once oral shingles was mentioned, this poster did not respond at any level addressing that possibility. The point is, if you had chicken pox as a child, you can get shingles as an adult. This may be considered tough love but the next post this person should place is WHAT the doctor said! Sorry for being so blunt but I am a tech/science writer and I really do understand the thought processes involved in emergency response.

PG = Propylene Glycol. Anyone who has survived the last sixty years in this country has ingested it more than once! I am petroleum sensitive. I can NOT wear Polyester. I CAN put Vaseline on my lips and NOT have a problem. This seems to be a Phishing Expedition to me so let's just lay back and let the Original Poster explain what's going on. If even ONE of the members of this forum were to admit that they had this same problem that was directly attributed to vaping, this poster would come alive again. I do so pray that sepsis has not riddled her body so that she is laying unconscious somewhere but I really believe that is not the issue. There are most likely new members who will be speaking out in a few days. They all have this same problem.

I know I sound insincere but I am a tech/science writer.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Not that any of us have heard. Check the posts. Once the shingles issue was brought up, none of us have heard anything scientifically sound.

I hope this doesn't come off as snarky, but her post history is interesting considering this has been going on for a month. Maybe it flares up and then subsides? I don't know - a doctor should be addressing this.

kbjoran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Riverdale, GA
I hope this doesn't come off as snarky, but her post history is interesting considering this has been going on for a month. Maybe it flares up and then subsides? I don't know - a doctor should be addressing this.

YES! A doctor should be addressing this! She has asked us to collaborate her experience with our experiences. NONE of us, up to this point, have supported her concerns.. Hang around. There may be some new comers who support her problem. This really does smell of Phish!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
YES! A doctor should be addressing this! She has asked us to collaborate her experience with our experiences. NONE of us, up to this point, have supported her concerns.. Hang around. There may be some new comers who support her problem. This really does smell of Phish!

I meant the post history, not just this thread. She started a thread in May about her mouth burning from Creme Caramel (Virgin Vapors), but said it was resolved in a post on 6/6. I don't think it's phishing, I think she wants different answers. It sounds to me like she's looking for someone to tell her everything is fine (or what to do to make it fine) and that it will go away. It seems possible that even if she has health insurance she's afraid of being told she has to give up vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread