The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My new toy. Voopoo Drag

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by jfcooley, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jfcooley

jfcooley I find your lack of faith disturbing... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just got.

Have been looking for a second mod and made a stop at the vape store. So far I like it. Started playing around with TC and some could I made myself.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Carl2

Carl2 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2016
    I just got mine today, used it in temp mode with SS coils, I found the preheat, been trying to do the Upgrade, getting lost in it so far.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jfcooley

I've downloaded the upgrade but haven't gotten to it yet. Mainly just playing and learning TC.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fordski

fordski Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Regarding the new update version 1.0.0.2 it introduces an auto-off feature that shuts the mod off after a short period of time. I've found no way to adjust the length of time or disable it. It seems to shut off within 5 minutes or so which I find a little quick as I'm picking up the mod for a vape and having to turn it back on frequently. Just a heads up.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jfcooley

Yeah, updated last night and discovered it. Doesn't bother me too much.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carl2

Jun 30, 2016
    Mine came with software version 1.0.0.1 I've downloaded.
    here is a page for the upgrade software.
    vape user manual download | vape software download | VOOPOO VAPE
    I've been using it 2-3 day and it will not shut off by itself.
    Software version V1.5.1.26 gives you 27 files you can load into the unit which gives you different features, I put in 7 and got a mode where you put in the voltage for the coil, a graphing feature for wattage vs time. Since I also have the software to revert it back to the condition it was when it arrived I feel a better about playing with it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. B Chon

B Chon Full Member

Love the Drag, though I haven't used much since the first week I got it due to the form factor not being pocket friendly at all :sleep:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Carl2

Jun 30, 2016
    It fits in my pant pocket, I have a Eleaf Pico 25, nice little thing but this is much better. The Pico needs a .24 ohm coil mine went to .25 and it stopped working in temp mode and goes to wattage. No problems with the Drag, it'll work wit any resistance.
    Software version V1.5.1.26 gives you 27 files, I finished trying out all 27 files, there is a w-v that lets you use a voltage mode like the watt mode, other than that I didn't find anything worth while. Lots of files that don't read, some files put in have to be brought back to the 1.0.0.1 version to work again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. B Chon

B Chon Full Member

I can fit in my pocket if I'm wearing sweatpants or something like that, but it really puts the BOX back in box mod.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    yeah i promptly reverted to the 1.0.0.1, I hate mods that shut off and didn't see a parameter for that in the software

it is much more pocketable than my hohmwrecker g2's, but I haven't ever tried to pocket either of them as I front pocket carry my eos cases titanium wallet with my cash and the other front pocket holds my BUG (not sure I can mention what that stands for, but it takes up a full pocket). My out and about mods are rx200s' with a kydex belt holster designed for them by @coffeebum , or a pico with a cubis pro in my carpenter jeans outside leg pocket (inner leg pocket fits my pixel xl).

• Like Like x 1
  11. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm Pretty sure gun talk is fine on this forum. I'm assuming BUG is you backup gun and if that's true then I'm guessing you have another gun that needs backup. So what you got?

• Like Like x 2
  12. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    No, not in the general forums. There's a thread in the Lounge if you wish to talk about firearms. Otherwise, keep it out of the vaping threads.

• Like Like x 2
  13. fordski

fordski Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I saw a notification on Facebook today from Voopoo regarding software update 1.0.0.2. The auto shutoff is set for 10 minutes and there's no way to change it. They recommended not updating if you don't want this feature so I'm assuming there's no other functionality introduced in the new update. I've downgraded as the autoshutoff is a little too quick for me. Battery life doesn't seem to be an issue for me if it's left on.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    ditto, mine has been sitting for a day or two unused (I got too many mods in rotation) and the battery charge indicator has not dropped yet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jfcooley

Still like mine. After a week I've moved on to the RX3. Think the Drag will end up staying at home just because it's heavy. My Revenger suits me more out and about.

Who knows though. Bought it in a whim.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Carl2

Jun 30, 2016
    I've been using mine just about all the time, I tried one of the M1 temp modes wasn't pleased with the results, I noticed that the app had temp modes and power modes where you can put curves in, maybe if it had a power mod for the temp. I also noticed there is no amperage display. Temp mode does the job so the above isn't important. The overall package is pretty similar to the Smok I have.

17. Outcast

Outcast Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2013
    Vermont
    Don’t worry u will be told no soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. madstabber

Yea retired1 already shut it down. I was not aware of the rule. Not sure why but then again I don't understand very much anymore. I'm a stranger in a strange land.

19. Outcast

Outcast Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2013
    Vermont
    ...... there house there rules.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. madstabber

I have no problem with that, even though I run afoul from time to time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.