Status
Not open for further replies.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I arrived at the number 48 by multiplying the number of MLs I vape per day times my Nicotine level. In my case it is 4 mls per day times 12 mg - 4 x 12 = 48. I drip on RDAs most of the time and 12mg nic is intense. That's why I only vape 4 mls per day.

I'm hoping to get 100 responses to this thread so I can create a bell curve and see where I fall on the curve and also to see what the average factor is. Thanks for participating.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Curious if "nicotine factor" is a widely used term or something you came up with ? Interesting either way. Does any one know what the average rate of absorption is ? does it depend on your vaping style ? i.e. how deep you inhale into the lungs and how lung before you exhale ? How does the absorption rate compare with cigarettes, patches or lozenges etc ....

FWIW i vape about 3 to 4 ml of 12 mg, although i have a feeling it has been less recently.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Curious if "nicotine factor" is a widely used term or something you came up with ? Interesting either way. Does any one know what the average rate of absorption is ? does it depend on your vaping style ? i.e. how deep you inhale into the lungs and how lung before you exhale ? How does the absorption rate compare with cigarettes, patches or lozenges etc ....

FWIW i vape about 3 to 4 ml of 12 mg, although i have a feeling it has been less recently.
That's a good question. I think there are a couple types of nicotine one being free nic that I think absorbs very quickly. Sorry, don't have good info on that. Yes, I just made up "Nicotine Factor" for the purpose of this thread. I will give you a factor of 42 - 3.5x12. Thanks

Reactions: Mazinny

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD

This thread attempts to address some of your questions, and it is frequently linked here because of the comprehensive discussion of "vaping related symptoms". Buried way down it suggests that vaping delivers 50% of the nic. So if you vape 50mg/day, you are ingesting 25mg. It also suggests that a typical cig actually delivers 0.8mg per cig. So if you vape 50mg/day, the cig equivalent would be 50 *0.5/0.8 = 31.25 cigs

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum

I think I vape around 60mg/day or less (15-20ml @ 3mg). The more I study it the more I increase my volume estimate :). Because I make my own juice and switch off mods and various juice, I'm not really sure and haven't tried to track it. I probably smoked a minimum of 50 cigs/day, and at 0.8mg that would convert into 80mg of juice, or about 26ml. I don't think I vape that much, but OTOH not terribly less. I do feel far, far less "chained" to nic than I did when I was smoking. I've worked on reducing my nic level, but not the amount I vape. That might be the next step although I am experimenting with 1mg nic now.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
what is a nicotine/cotinine test ?
@Mazinny, your quotation from "Topwater Elvis" is driving me nuts because I do not see it in this thread!

Nevermind the above, it magically appeared :blink:

And it is interesting because he says he is delivering 48-72mg. And per the link I gave you just above, that computes to about 30-45 cigs a day, and that should certainly peg a nic/cotinine test. Something does not compute here :)

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
@Mazinny, your quotation from "Topwater Elvis" is driving me nuts because I do not see it in this thread!

And it is interesting because he says he is delivering 48-72mg. And per the link I gave you just above, that computes to about 30-45 cigs a day, and that should certainly peg a nic/cotinine test. Something does not compute here :)

Take me off your ' ignore' list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread