My review of the clear smoktech duel coil carto coming from dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

tims

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
PA, USA
Hello Everyone......

I have been dripping 801 atty's on my 6 volt mods, the atty's that use to last me 2 to 4 month, no longer get any where near that anymore, and it cost to much to try to use them anymore.

So I have started to change over to 3.7 volt mods with cartos, I have used LEO hard tip 510's, they needed the tips taken out and mods done to the stuffing, then they work so so.

I got 15 of the clear smoktech duel coil 1.5 ohm 510 cartos, I also got a epower mod for 14500 battery's, as I had 6 of the battery's already and have used that setup.

Now onto my review......

The cartos work well on 3.7 volts and really are like dripping my old 801's, only it's not as warm of a vape, the flavor is good and it has good vapor, the draw is some times hard, TH depends a lot on how the tips is put on, I found if I change the tip around it works better, at different spots then others.

I got juice in my mouth more then once and now take the tips off, and use a tip from another 510 I had made shorter, now it don't touch the filler and no juice in my mouth from it, so I will make the tips that come with it shorter to use them.

I've been using cinnamon oil flavored juice, and the plastic shows no signs of weaking after 4 days, and I've been pushing in on it to check if it would, so I don't think it will have any creaking problems from juices, that I read others ones been having.

Once I filled the carto it last a while then I top it off till a little, comes out the bottom, then wipe it off and put the tip back on and start vapping again, it's really nice not to have to keep dripping, but getting the same vape as if I was.

The vape stays pretty much the same barring of course how the tip is on, using a drip tip would work good, if it was shorten so it didn't touch the filler at all, I'm sure anyone could get it to where they liked it with a little work.

Then you could repeat it every time with no real problem, the biggest problem for me is that, after 2 days of using one it looks really yucky, even with my juice being very clear, it turns to a yucky brown so I stop using them, and will clean them and use them again.

So the clear with the filler it has you can see it turn brown, and after 2 days of use, I'm turned off it looks so bad that I'll have to clean them, to use them after that, I don't have a problem with that as it lets me see how much juice is left.

So I can top them off before they run dry and burn out on me, so I'm sure they will have a longer life span, I should add the brown is not a even brown and that is why it looks, so yucky after 2 days of usage so that is why I stop using them to I clean them.

All in all I love them and will keep using them, they are far less problems then the normal cartos, and vape so much better that I don't even think about my old 801 dripping, or HV mods this is just as good only less volts and much less cost.

The only drawback is getting the tip right and cleaning them after 2 days, but I can live with them easy, as they give much more then the small problems they have, I'm pretty sure these duel coils will be the new standard in cartos for sure.

Last edited:

tims

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
PA, USA
They are 510 hard tip cartos that for some reason, they call them Leo's I guess they are made by the same inc that makes Leos cartos, anyway hard tip ones are made so the tips, don't come out and are hard plastic.

But I bent a little screw driver at the end, and pry them right off and can refill them easy, they had a big sale on them, and they was really cheap so I got some.

I got some of madvapes custom RY4 and am using that juice now, it's nice and thick and it's browning much slower, and vapes really great with the clear duel coils, so thicker juices work very well with them as well.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I started using the dual's when they first hit the USA. I have to remember to pat my Boge's on the head once in a while.

I clean mine in an ultra sonic jewelry cleaner with plain water. Gets all the gunk out and they vape like a champ afterwards. Simple to dry. Just pull the tube off and pat dry with a paper towel.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
hi hairball, sorry if i miss this;

how do you do this? do you take out any filler?
what tube do you pull off?

thanks
I started using the dual's when they first hit the USA. I have to remember to pat my Boge's on the head once in a while.

I clean mine in an ultra sonic jewelry cleaner with plain water. Gets all the gunk out and they vape like a champ afterwards. Simple to dry. Just pull the tube off and pat dry with a paper towel.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Very nice review. I was going to post my own similar one, and I saw your thread!

I have been dripping for pretty much my entire vaping experience. Usually on a LR 306. I recently purchased an old protege mod and the seller threw in a single, Dual Coil, LR Clearomizer from KickBassVapor (never heard of them previously).

I fell in love with this thing and just had to tell somebody. I kid you not, I have over 50 drops in this thing. No leaks, amazing vapor, throat hit and its lasted all day already without topping up. I'm thinking it could hold close to 75 drops all said and done. I've got some Apple Pie 80/20 - PG/VG in it from HoneyVille Vapor and I think I'm going to sit here all day and vape it. Its that good.

I know what you mean about the drip tips though. Its hard to get them on snug. I might go to the hardware store and pick up some bigger washers for the tips to keep them nice and tight. All in all though, it is an awesome vape experience and I'm definitely going to check out the Smoktech ones now, so thanks!

Anywho, congrats on the switch. I think I too may be come a cartomizer man.

Vape Groovily!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread