My subconscious has taken up smoking! (Also, really Phillip Morris... really?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
I've been having dreams about buying a pack and smoking a cigarette. Never seem to enjoy the cigarette in these dreams but buying a pack and smoking one has been showing up in dreams a lot lately. For... some reason...?

Then again, lately, I have--no idea why--been feeling this thing about "missing" the... call it "feel" of a cigarette? Not the smoke part but the cylindrical... fiddle with it... can let it hang from my mouth when I type (try that with a VTR eh? :) ) kind of "experience" I guess. So, anywho, on a lark and because they're cheap and just showed up at the nearest convenience store/gas station/bait shop (I live near a lake okay?) I bought a MarkTen.

Whadahuh???

I dunno what that "taste" is but stop it! Seriously, I can't even come up with good snark to insult the taste of a MarkTen. I'm not even remotely sure what Phillip Morris thought they were trying to make that thing taste like. Sure wasn't tobacco. I dunno... soap maybe?

But, man, talk about total fail...

Last edited:

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
It's an e-cig put out by a tobacco company. They want smokers thinking about switching to try it, hate it, then go back to cigs. I remember seeing a while back where Marlboro (I'm not 100% on this, but pretty sure we're talking about the same product since google is telling me Marlboro is linked to Phillip Morris) was sending out coupons for a free e-cig that was absolutely terrible.

jstjoehere

Jun 1, 2014
Wv, usa
The dreams yeah ive had them they eventually go away. Missing the feel of a analog get a toothpick to keep in your mouth to get ya through that. Upgrade your PV get yourself a decent tank, RBA, or whatever that will give you what you need. Ive seen so many people fail with the little cig a likes its crazy I tried one and laughed at it. Tasteless yuck. I only use an aerotank and it keeps me perfectly satisfied. I know guys its not a dripper on a mechanical mod call me weak lol. But it suits me fine.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
As far as i am concerned, anything that works for you and keeps you off the cigarettes gets a thumbs up. Cigalikes didn't do it for me. They were expensive and weak.

Big battery mods that last all day at work, yup! Tank, drip, bottom feed - whatever you like. My gear is a pretty even split between regulated and mech mods and depends on the likely risk of damage!

T

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
As far as i am concerned, anything that works for you and keeps you off the cigarettes gets a thumbs up. Cigalikes didn't do it for me. They were expensive and weak.

Big battery mods that last all day at work, yup! Tank, drip, bottom feed - whatever you like. My gear is a pretty even split between regulated and mech mods and depends on the likely risk of damage!

T

True, a better overall experience - but you can't hold a mod between your fingers, or dangle it from your lips...just doesn't "do it" when you're missing the form factor. Sometimes that's what you need when a random craving strikes. And the eRoll is pretty phenomenal as far as cigalikes go.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
Damn, you only have one wife in your dreams? :laugh:

I have a blonde wife in my dreams and she smokes. i mean she smokes!

RL: soap dries her skin, hates anything her sister says on Facebook, nags for coil rebuilds and redecoration of bathroom, kitchen..

A cigalike cannot get you thru that kind of grief, but a Reo can!

T

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
It's an e-cig put out by a tobacco company. They want smokers thinking about switching to try it, hate it, then go back to cigs. I remember seeing a while back where Marlboro (I'm not 100% on this, but pretty sure we're talking about the same product since google is telling me Marlboro is linked to Phillip Morris) was sending out coupons for a free e-cig that was absolutely terrible.

Yep, Phillip Morris does Marlboro (I just Googled it now to check, I wasn't sure either).

And I dunno how much is malice and how much sheer incompetence. BT has, after all, run on selling an addictive product. It's not like they had to "compete" much. NJoy does a far better job at imitating "the real thing" and I actually like Blu's (well, JC's) "Classic Tobacco". Buy one of those here and there just for the taste. This thing? Whoa. No wonder they need the FDA to save them. They're flopping around like fish outta water. :)

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
The dreams yeah ive had them they eventually go away. Missing the feel of a analog get a toothpick to keep in your mouth to get ya through that. Upgrade your PV get yourself a decent tank, RBA, or whatever that will give you what you need. Ive seen so many people fail with the little cig a likes its crazy I tried one and laughed at it. Tasteless yuck. I only use an aerotank and it keeps me perfectly satisfied. I know guys its not a dripper on a mechanical mod call me weak lol. But it suits me fine.

Oh I have a VTR and am running on dual coil iClear 30s tanks (looking at the new pyrex iClear but haven't yet... also not as fond of bottom coil as I was before... we'll see).

But you know that thing about fiddling with the cig and the... feel of it and all? For some reason, all these months later, I've had a vague "miss that" thing. Not the smoke. The... cylinder? I dunno. Last few times I had that weird... I hesitate to call it "urge", I picked up an NJoy. They even have the "papery" feel down pretty good. Today, though, I just happened to notice the MarkTen had arrived at my local convenience store and it was cheap so, what the hell?

Know what its Big! Innovation! is?

It has four air holes in the carto! Four!

What will they think of next?

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
True, a better overall experience - but you can't hold a mod between your fingers, or dangle it from your lips...just doesn't "do it" when you're missing the form factor. Sometimes that's what you need when a random craving strikes. And the eRoll is pretty phenomenal as far as cigalikes go.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to dangle my VTR from my mouth.

Though I have done it...

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
You guys dream about wives? REALLY?!

:lol:

OMG, touché, didn’t see that coming, good one. :laugh:

I had the cigarette dream pop up recently out of the blue. Then went through all that stuff about holding between your fingers, hanging out your mouth when typing, etc., none of which you can do with a Provari. Bloody nightmare. :mad:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I often dream about smoking a cigarette. Two years since I had one and I still dream about them. When I'm at work, out of consideration for my office mates, I don't vape at my desk. I still go outside and there are smokers all over the place. I do watch them light up and take that first drag and sometimes I feel jealous of them. That is until I get back in the elevator to go up to my office and one or more of them are on the elevator and I smell that stench permeating from their hair, their clothes, their breath. And then they cough, that rattling just had a cigarette cough and the jealousy I may have felt in the moment evaporates fast. Yes it does.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
OMG, touché, didn’t see that coming, good one. :laugh:

I had the cigarette dream pop up recently out of the blue. Then went through all that stuff about holding between your fingers, hanging out your mouth when typing, etc., none of which you can do with a Provari. Bloody nightmare. :mad:

Yah, with me, it's kinda like an itch I can't scratch or that vague "did I forget something?" feeling. I guess because it was a habit over so many years. I don't actually miss smoking anymore. I've walked through the smoke clouds of smokers as I've gone in or out a store and it no longer has any real effect on me (now, that, I did not expect). It's... I dunno... something else.

Shrug?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

k75srider

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Stevens Point WI
Yeah have had the same cigymares also, kind of scared me and woke up in a panic like a real nightmare. Also look with desire at all the cigs behind the counter but I don't want one. Strange phenomon! As far as cigalikes , tried them but would have a analog right after I put it down . Didn't work for me, and I don't really like the taste of tobbaco anymore.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Yeah have had the same cigymares also, kind of scared me and woke up in a panic like a real nightmare. Also look with desire at all the cigs behind the counter but I don't want one. Strange phenomon! As far as cigalikes , tried them but would have a analog right after I put it down . Didn't work for me, and I don't really like the taste of tobbaco anymore.

Cigymares, love it. I had one where I did smoke a cig and when I woke up I felt insanely guilty. That period of time between waking up out of a vivid dream and becoming fully conscious was pretty funny. Oh man, the guilt trip! Confessed to my husband, the dog, the whole nine yards. Never want to go through that again. :lol:

About two months after I finally quit smoking, I tried a cigarette. It was horrible. It tasted wretched and didn't make me feel that great. I sulked about it in disbelief for about an hour and tried it again. Still horrible. Smartest thing I ever did. It killed any craving for them for a year. Now that feeling, not a craving but something close, curiosity?, is coming back. I'm not around any smokers or vapers and that may be part of the problem. If I could just find a smoker to tailgate for about ten feet I'd probably get over any cig lust real fast. I hate what BT has done to us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread