My thoughts after a couple hours with my first e-cig (KR808D-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aut0tek

Sep 30, 2010
Bluefield, WV
First of all, this is my first e-cig, and I have never tried one until today. I think I will have NO PROBLEMS quitting smoking using this. Especially with some of the tobacco flavored juices, it's really REALLY CLOSE to a cigarette. (Analogs, or whatever u wanna call them.)

2ndly: I TOTALLY UNDERESTIMATED NICOTINE LEVELS. I got one 12mg, a few 18mg, and one 24mg juice. 12 is about as high as I'd ever need to go. I can take a couple hits from the 24, and be totally buzzed, and have that funny tingly nicotine taste on my tongue. (Fine Cigar smokers, you know what I'm talking about.) So if you're unsure like me, I mean, obviously SOME people need more, otherwise it wouldn't sell, but I smoked Marlboro regulars for 2 years, and then Menthol Lights for 7-8 years afterwards, and 18 is OKAY, still kinda high, but 24 is like: "WHOA... Let's put that down." lol.

3rd: Most of the juices I bought are INCREDIBLY SUGARY. That being said, the 2 Backwoods Brew bottles I have are far less sweet. I have the Cherry tobacco (Pretty good, definitely not like sucking on a sugar cube like juices I got from another supplier) I'm totally digging the menthol, it's a lot like a menthol cigarette, and a cough drop at the same time, which, some would probably dislike, but I think it just goes well, especially coming from Menthol cigarettes.

4th: The prefilled cartos that came with my kit produce little/no vapor at all. I think I'm just gonna boil them down and put some of the juices I bought in them. (I'll have to learn how to boil cartos first, obviously)

Lastly: If you're looking to stop smoking, you just found out how. I've got a pack and a half of analogs left, and I put them down as soon as Mr. Mcfeely the arrived. They're sitting on the right side of my keyboard, and have been there for the roughly 3 hours I've been here playing with my kr808d-1. I couldn't pick one up if I wanted to. Not only do I have PLENTY of nicotine from barely using my 808 at all (I'm still just trying flavors) but we all remember how they taste, and that's gross. lol.

aut0tek

Sep 30, 2010
Bluefield, WV
Thanks! It came in a big box, so I didn't have any real way to carry it... Quick thinking led to an old Cohiba tin and the foam from it's packaging... just had to make a couple cuts to trim it down to size.

173827558-977c6ca4435858cad697043a3897cc1f.4cae34d0-full.jpg

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
So happy for you!

I got mine today too and powered it right up and whoaaaa! I got a buzz from 15 mg n juice! I'm a light smoker (12 a day) and I think I better dilute it some more:) Plus I think I'm inhaling and holding too deeply:)

So tell me, did you name your Ecig Mr. Mcfeely or is that your mail man's name ?

Lori

sam12six

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Georgia
So happy for you!

I got mine today too and powered it right up and whoaaaa! I got a buzz from 15 mg n juice! I'm a light smoker (12 a day) and I think I better dilute it some more:) Plus I think I'm inhaling and holding too deeply:)

So tell me, did you name your Ecig Mr. Mcfeely or is that your mail man's name ?

Lori

Mr. MacFeely was (I believe) the postman from the Mr. Rogers's Neighborhood show...

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Congrats to you. Keep on enjoying and start turning all you smoking friends on to it as well.

Weird about the nic. I was a single PAD smoker of Camel lights. I use 18 mostly and sometimes 26mg.
Plus I hit the PV about 3 times as much as I did cigs.

I keep meaning to drop down some, but I just haven't got around to it yet. I do feel any ill effects like I am getting to much now though.

aut0tek

Sep 30, 2010
Bluefield, WV
Yes, Mr. McFeely (or MacFeely) was the mailman for Mr. Rogers... No, I didn't name my PV. :)

Big Hitter: maybe there's a difference in the way diff PVs do the job? Idk, but yea, the 24mg juice on my 808 is like: "WHEEEEE!!!" lol. I find myself WANTING to use the PV more often, but it's tough to when you already have plenty of nic going through you.

sam12six

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Georgia
Yes, Mr. McFeely (or MacFeely) was the mailman for Mr. Rogers... No, I didn't name my PV. :)
you.

Careful with that. My mail carrier is an attractive woman. I ran into her in a local bar shooting pool and teased her mercilessly calling her "Femail Man" (from the Simpsons). We ended up... you know... anyway, after I was confused:

She's an attractive woman, so no problem.
She's a femail man, am I gay?
She's a woman femail man, am I bi?

All this desperate introspection resulted in a binge of smoking.

Let that be a lesson to you:

Calling your mail carrier by a nickname can result in smoking cigarettes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread