My Vamos Need Opinions and thoughts PLEASE!!!! They arent working properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
Ok I'm sad to say I'm going to have to call the vendor today because I'm a little upset and disappointed.

When they first got here I was so happy. went and charged the bats right away waiting patiently for them to charge lol. well not patiently but still waited.

Now the bats are finally fully charged. Pop them into the vamos put on some tanks. Read instructions then start to vape. Wow these are nice I like them.

I had to run some errands so I need to power them off to go in my shoulder bag. Turn off walk out the door get in car and start on my way. while driving a craving hits so reach into my bag pull one out and click it 5 times to turn on. Simple right? NOOOOO it wouldn't turn on I was so surprised and mad I had to pull over before I crashed my car. So I pull over and get the second one same thing! I'm like ... mad.

So I take of the bat cap and look to see if its the spring. Well it looked like the pic here of the right spring. put cap back on try again and now it turns on. Did this with second one too. So now I'm ok cool maybe the caps came loose no biggie. I continue on my way.

While I was puffing listening to that nice crackling sound of my device working I am so happy. Puffing away to a song I like I get to my first destination. Power off both Vamos go inside take care of things come back out to car.

Go to turn on my Vamos and sure as {edit} they wont turn on again! Take bat cap off put back on and now they work. WTH now I am like ok maybe its the spring peeps were talking about buttttttttt after taking a toot I hear the unit still crackling after I released the fire button. Like a delayed effect so now I am done. this was the same on both!

So my question is

Is this just the spring or is it more and I need to contact the vendor about replacements?

Last edited by a moderator:

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Really? lol of course

Sorry :p you must have edited your post, when I responded your post was just a line of dots..

I've noticed my vamo v2 won't turn back on if I click too fast. If I click 5 times in one second it usually won't power on, if I click 5 times in like 2-3 seconds it comes back on every time.

Could you be clicking too fast?

BMike

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm using the VAMO with 18650 panasonic batteries CGR18650CH, one for me one for my wife. Had the for a week and haven't had the trouble you are having. But sometimes turning mine on I have to do the 5 click a couple of times to get it on, I don' t know if its how fast I click it or what, never had any problems with the EGO batts. I've never had to take out the batteries to get it to work though. Hope you get them fixed, love the long battery life with the 18650's, which I got from Amazon, $26.99 for 4.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Every time u take the battery cap off then put back on unit needs to be turned on this is normal. However the 5 click rule is wonky I find maybe because of me who knows I most of the time have to use 5-6-7 clicks for unit to power up this I also believe is normal, sometimes I have to 5 click a few times. All is good. Try clicking more then five times if it works this is normal.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
I don't think having to click 5 times twice is normal :/ but I'd play around with your timing a bit before giving up on them.

About the burn continuing after releasing the button, I think most do experience this as well. In my case I just got my first rebuildable working really well. It does continue to produce vapor for a few seconds after releasing the button but I think that's simply because the wire and ss wick are still hot. I don't think it's still sending current.

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
About the burn continuing after releasing the button, I think most do experience this as well. In my case I just got my first rebuildable working really well. It does continue to produce vapor for a few seconds after releasing the button but I think that's simply because the wire and ss wick are still hot. I don't think it's still sending current.

I hear what your saying but this isn't the case. I can actually hear it still firing and crackling.

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
Ok well I contacted the vedor waiting to hear back from them. I can live with the delayed or different way to turn back on but I cant live with the fact that it still fires after I stop pressing the button. So I am hoping they will either exchange of refund me. /sigh I was so looking forward to these.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I think that is just the nature of the beast, the 5 click thing is often 6 or 7, and mine has does the slight delay with firing also. If that is unacceptable you may try to return them, if you exchange them the next ones are likely to do the same thing. I read other posts about the firing delay, and PBusardo commented on the five click deal. In spite of that mine has going since Dec. and still think it is one the best values out there right now.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I get about 1/2 second delay after releasing the firing button on both my VAMOs. I think a saw a couple of posts about it early on saying it was normal. It certainly hasn't interfered in any way with anything else working properly. I naturally inhale a bit after releasing the firing button so I don't really notice it.

ibezee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
The unknown
My Vamo has a delay after I release the fire button as well, doesn't bother me too much as long as I have that long vape. I did notice on my 350 batteries when I first got it that it would displa LO when the power on the batteries ran low. But now when my batteries get low it displays an 02 error message and powers down. Pop in a fresh battery and its good to go.

thumper3ld

Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
NYC
That doesn't seem normal a RL friend has a vamo and doesn't do what I have been explaining. I called him to ask these very questions. So now im getting all confused lol.

Is this or is this not the normal ways a Vamo is supposed to function?

Here's a test you can try. Borrow your friend's vamo, put your tank or atty on it, and try vaping from it. If it does the same thing, then its normal. If not, and its not something you can live with, then send it back. Both my vamos seam to work fine. The 5 clicks isnt always 5 clicks either but i but i just usually click once or twice till the light turns on.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
I hear what your saying but this isn't the case. I can actually hear it still firing and crackling.

I just put a 2.8ohm Vivi Nova on and I'm getting the same. It's not a full second but I do hear the crackling for about a half second after I release the button. Doesn't bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread