My Von Erl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
The puff switch is at the bottom, by pushing your probably helping to reseal it. Pull it out to see if it can be fixed.

View attachment 655165

@Cosmic_Glaze I re-read your post with brain switched on. Hope this helps.
I'll take it apart tomorrow and take a look at it... not really sure what I'm looking for? But I'll poke around an investigate... Thanks!

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
So looking for advice on this. Keep getting inconsistent dry hits from my refilled von erl pods. I open the bottom and pull the rubber top piece out and replace it on the coil (placing the rubber nubs back into there slows and resealing it) and then fill up with some mr salt e vanilla custard and replace the whole bottom piece. I keep getting issues with it what taste like a dry hit. Now i had one pod that was amazing refilled with that custard and it was heaven. But most of the time it seems to not work very well. Just curious am I missing something here that I am supposed to do while putting it back together? Any tips?

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
So looking for advice on this. Keep getting inconsistent dry hits from my refilled von erl pods. I open the bottom and pull the rubber top piece out and replace it on the coil (placing the rubber nubs back into there slows and resealing it) and then fill up with some mr salt e vanilla custard and replace the whole bottom piece. I keep getting issues with it what taste like a dry hit. Now i had one pod that was amazing refilled with that custard and it was heaven. But most of the time it seems to not work very well. Just curious am I missing something here that I am supposed to do while putting it back together? Any tips?

I had similar issues with that as well. Very frustrating. Your not the only one. I built a mesh wick and it stopped the dry/ burnt hits. Only had it for a day or so after then it died on me. You could try that idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
I had similar issues with that as well. Very frustrating. Your not the only one. I built a mesh wick and it stopped the dry/ burnt hits. Only had it for a day or so after then it died on me. You could try that idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya I got it working alright with o e of the pods. I just ordered a rock boulder to give that a shot with 4 extra pods and some wire.

Reactions: Burnie

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Ya I got it working alright with o e of the pods. I just ordered a rock boulder to give that a shot with 4 extra pods and some wire.
I just ordered the Juul the other day... wanna see what there temp control is all about..maybe no more dry hits? Not sure but I'll find out in a couple of days.

Reactions: snkrumble

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
I just ordered the Juul the other day... wanna see what there temp control is all about..maybe no more dry hits? Not sure but I'll find out in a couple of days.
Ya i've wanted to get one but man just can't bring myself to drop 50 and the pods are just too much nic for me. Love nic salt but 20ish is about as strong as i can handle. I have a Rock pod system showing up friday by boulder with 4 extra pods see how that works. Von Erl I like but issues with pods being hit or miss with filling and the fact i can burn through a pod in one day is killing it for me.

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan
Hi, I need this for a hospital stay.. in Canada..
I have not been able to get see any youtube reviews, but from what has been said this works like an automatic.. puff and should work for me..

Could someone confirm this.. it would be much appreciated.. I can than order locally ,tonight and get it in a day or two..

Thanks

@pufZeppelin
[URL='https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/gerrymi.146382/']@gerrymi

Do you know anything about My Von Erl... [/URL]

Last edited:

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    I have not been able to get see any youtube reviews, but from what has been said this works like an automatic.. puff and should work for me..
    Yeah, has a puff switch. Have to suck quite hard to get it going though, the BO One is another one to look at.

For stealth and long lasting pods, Phix wins hands down.

northhar

ECF Veteran
    Apr 18, 2011
    CanTheBan
    Yeah, has a puff switch. Have to suck quite hard to get it going though, the BO One is another one to look at.

For stealth and long lasting pods, Phix wins hands down.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast..
    I will look into the other suggestions... but I need to get it in 2 days.. so that is the primary..
    I liked the fact that it can be re-filled, re-wicked and re-coiled even with SS-mesh which I can do.

danthepan124

Sep 1, 2017
    I'm terribly sorry for bumping this rather old post, but I'm having trouble with refilling these pods. The ejuice I'm using to refill is 70vg/30pg and its from LevelUpVapor (Nicotine salts ejuice).

I read through this whole thread and was wondering what tips and tricks you guys use to getting a good refill, whether it be how to properly clean the pod and such.

danthepan124

Sep 1, 2017
    @danthepan124 Are you having troubling opening the pods?
    hey @dansus , nah I opened the pods just fine. I'm more worried if the VG/PG ratio is okay to puff on. I don't really like the ejuice the pods come with so I dumped the contents out (sorry it's wasteful, but I like my nicotine salt ejuice better). I want to prolong the pod as long as possible and the first refill I did, I washed it water a little and let it dry for a bit, then refilled and let the cotton soak. Got to puff on it for a good day, then the next day it started tasting different. I assume the coil darkening is suppose to happen, but why the different taste?

danthepan124

Sep 1, 2017
    Maybe a wicking issue, have you rewicked yet?
    I'm completely new to vaping and tbh I used to smoke cigarettes and my friends got juuls so I wanted to try a different pod system, so I don't know how to rewick things, I was looking into it. I'm scared of disassembling the coil (I tried last night and my shaky hands cant get the coil back in). To rewick do you have to take apart the coil?

danthepan124

Sep 1, 2017
    No, just pull out the old wick and thread a new one. If you read through the thread, there are pictures and videos to help guide you.
    awesome, which wick do you prefer, I saw you use a mesh wick? I think the nearby Vape store to me sells cotton bacon (once again I'm new, so I don't know how good it is, but I heard it's decent).

I was wondering if you need to prime the coil/wick too? Or should I not do that.

Other thoughts I was having was probably adding more PG to the ratio? I don't know if the VonErl can handle 70VG/30PG

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread