MyJet - Wismec

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
Well have been doing a lot of testing. The new juice I am using is better, however flavor does not come close to stock pods. I think the stock pods are 60 or 70 VG.

I cannot emphasize how good this pod is
The Blueberry pops and is so smooth. I am not even crazy about fruity flavors. But this one nailed it.

Anybody know what resistance the stock pods are?
My builds range from 1 to 1.4ohms. Maybe higher, don't have an exact way to measure the coils. Using a multimeter, the coils are 1.6 to 1.8ohms (7 or 8 wraps). I will try 4 or 6 wraps next. Flat Nichrome 80 0.5x0.1mm

Last edited:
Reactions: David Wolf

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
All this talk about the myJET PODs has me not putting down my RX200S and hitting a myJET with a Beard Vape Co. NO. 24! I mus say they do have some good flavors!

Excited? I bought 3 kits!!.
The 18mg is a gift.
I bought 2 x 6mg kit since they don't sell 0mg. I stopped using nicotine juice 2 years ago, but these were so good.

FYI: The Beyondvape store on 9th avenue is/was closing and selling everything at 50% off.
20170124_002435.jpg

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I won 5 Express Kits plus The Deluxe and the Full Kit in a giveaway. Could not convince my GF to try the flavors because she will not vape anything except for Tobacco. I had 5 express kits left so I tried them just to see what it was all about and they have nice flavors. So she is all set with batteries and the deluxe kit has the portable charger.

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
Update: So I have rebuilt the pods multiple times now.
Here are some of my observations:
  1. 6 or 7 wraps works best. This is in the range of 1.3 - 1.5 ohms.
  2. Use flat wire. Wrap small diameter coils. I am doing 1.5mm from coil winder.
  3. Great flavors when using 50-50 juice. I would not go higher than 70VG.
  4. Having multiple pods with different flavors. My favorite feature about the pods.
  5. Don't use cheap juice. The pods work best with gourmet juice.

I am waiting for a Kanger Togo and Eleaf Icare.

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
So are you saying these come with flat wire coils? I took one apart but I did not look at closely at it. How many times did you re-wick them before changing the coils? Have you dry burned them with success?

The pods come with round coils. I used flat wire to rebuild the coils because it's easier to push the pin back up the pod.

Since I have been testing, I have been rebuilding the coils after each refill. I will test this next. I figure maybe 2 or 3 times.

You can dry burn the stock coils 2 or 3 times.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I received a bunch of these kits and got my GF off the Cig-A-Likes with them. She is getting a few refills out of them with just refilling so far but I was thinking a few more if I do a dry burn and new cotton. Not a whole lot of cotton in them. Thanks for the info @unkuser it is much appreciated!

unkuser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
New Yawk
Why using Ni-Chrome wouldn't the original be Kanthal or did you find out different?

Nichrome 80 has a lower resistance per length compared to Kanthal, meaning it will heat up faster. Great for mech mods and people who don't like ramp-up time.

But I do wonder how different it would be with Kanthal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread