Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I've been watching and reading some reviews, and it sounds like this thing has a lot of potential...but also has issues.

I've heard it's difficult to refill, but I can deal with that. But my main concern is dry hits. It sounds like it's a common issue, and probably the only thing stopping me from giving this a shot.

Anyone here have this, and can speak to any of these issues?

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I have one, and I haven't had any dry hits.

Thanks for the feedback. Just to expand, it sounds like it's not on the first draw, but only after you take the 2nd or 3rd. Basically, it seems to happen if someone chain vapes. Any chance you've tested it that way?

I'm basing this mainly off this review, but I saw some user reviews on retailers that said the same:

Reactions: David Wolf

gstriftos

Feb 15, 2016
This kind of devices are not intended for chain vaping. Having tried a variety of these devices (MyJet,Cync,Von Erl,I care) i found they best performed when used with a higher nicotine level so as to avoid double puffs or chain vaping.
IMHO MyJet is the best of them all, since it has an instant ''fire'' reaction with MTL inhale whilst the others need a ''semi''-DL inhale to activate satisfactory. Also because of the shorter inhale time it is much more difficult to have spit back.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
3-4 puffs at the rate he was going is not chain vaping. Any of these portable devices should be able to be used like a cigarette without going dry, say 10-15 puffs over the course of 5 minutes. It does not seem like this device is capable of doing that based on what we've seen so far, and that would sure as hell be a dealbreaker for me too. I picked up an NJOY daily disposable the other day just for kicks and even that is capable of more frequent puffs.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Ya, I've decided to pick one up just for testing. I figure I can always give it away if it sucks. I'm gonna try some 50/50 juice and see if that wicks better. I wonder if a lot of people getting dry hits are using 70VG. I know they say 60VG is ideal.

I'll report back once it arrives.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Ya, I've decided to pick one up just for testing. I figure I can always give it away if it sucks. I'm gonna try some 50/50 juice and see if that wicks better. I wonder if a lot of people getting dry hits are using 70VG. I know they say 60VG is ideal.

I'll report back once it arrives.

Excellent, will be waiting for your thoughts on it. :)

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Got mine in today. Enjoying it much more than the iCare so far. Flavor is good, draw is good. No dry hits as of yet. Using a NET in the pod to put the coil through its paces. The juice is 50/50 and 6mg. I typically use 3mg when dripping or using a tank and 12mg in the Cync. The 6mg works well in this for me. Doesn't feel like too much nic.

I've only been using this for a couple of hours so it's still early but initial impression is pretty positive.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
After a night at work I thought I'd update. Still enjoying the MyJet. I had to refill the pod once and recharge once while at work. Removing the base of the pod (which contains the coil) is not easy. I dislodged the silicone ring that attaches to the "chimney" as well as the silicone bit that is under the coil in the process. The two silicone parts were easy to replace, though. This makes refilling more of a chore than it needs to be. I'm not sure how this could've been addressed as a dedicated fill port or less secure base could lead to leaking. Due to the FDA nonsense, the pods may never see a revision which is a shame. If the pods were easier to fill, the MyJet would rival the Cync for me but with them as is I definitely give the nod to the Cync.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I got mine today, and have been using it for a few hours now.

I really dig it so far. I used 50/50 tobacco for the first pod, and it's nice. But I usually can't tell if it's burning or dry hitting with tobacco types, since the flavor is so heavy. So I just filled the 2nd pod with a 50/50 simple clean fruit juice (which I can always detect dry hits on other units) and it's having no issues keeping up. I even just chain vaped it for awhile, and it's solid.

I haven't had to open it to refill yet, so I'm sort of dreading that part of it, but otherwise it's performing really well. Great little unit. I think 50/50 juice is ideal so far. I have a feeling that 70VG juice would be an issue though.

Last edited:

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Well, my sincere apologies to anyone that picked this up based on my first impressions. I'm about ready to throw it away. It was really nice at the start, but then it started giving me mouthfuls of juice every once in awhile. Just basic flooding. I tried 70VG, and it does burn, so no-go there. And 50/50 and even 60VG still makes the juice compile and then dump in my mouth.

But the biggest thing (and it may be related to the flooding) once I started opening it to refill....forget it. I've almost cut my hand, and broke a fingernail trying. It's a nightmare beyond words. It almost never comes out together, and you have to put it back together. Just forget it. Exactly 0% of smokers will use this device to quit because of the refilling. Maybe that's the point, to get them to buy the prefilled...I can't think of what else they were thinking

Point is- I don't recommend. Lots of potential, but huge fail.

VapJak

Aug 21, 2016
I've had mine a week - cost a fortune to ship to UK / got stung for import Duty !!!!!

Really wanted to have something that worked reasonably well - never expected anything like my RBAs of course, but this really is no better than the old cig-a-like systems of 2013

In fact I pulled out an old pre filled tobacco cartomizer from 2012 and it was a much better vape @ 9 watts !!!!

At first it gives an OK weak taste, with a tight airflow - I'm a MTL vapor so I quite liked the tight draw

After half a tank it was getting a vacuum lock - you can't just dry pull because of the autoswitch - so you have to remove the cartridge, and flutter your finger on the bottom airflow - then replace

Still getting dry hits - I refilled the tank today and it is just awful - Re-cottoned it and it flooded all down me, I;d forgotten to replace a silicone ring, but at that point I just put it down until tomorrow

I will stick with it a little longer to see if I can get an acceptable vape from it - but I cannot recommend this device sadly :(

VapJak

Aug 21, 2016
Been playing around more with it - fitted new cotton and ALL the parts this time - it vaped a bit

But I've now got moisture inside the battery section somehow (I have been careful honestly !!!) - The auto switch stays on after the draw, so it just continues firing :(

Have to release the cartridge to stop it

Such a shame that closed systems still suck !!!!!

I also have the eLeaf iCare system - this is better, but it is a Direct Lung device, the switch is not sensitive enough for MTL - works ok but of course if underpowered

Reactions: drysprocket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread