NarDA clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
My ft one arrived. Put a single parallel in, was in a hurry so the wicking isn't exactly beautiful but it performs well. Still not enough use time to give a real comparison to the Veritas, but for now i like it a lot. One thing to note, if you are making an angled single coil, make sure you limit the airflow so that the open side hits the long side of the coil. The machining is nice and there was little to no machine oil.

oxRaz8K.jpg

Only thing that does bother me at the moment, i don't know if the O rings are too thick or what but the cap is difficult to put on or take off.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
Only thing that does bother me at the moment, i don't know if the O rings are too thick or what but the cap is difficult to put on or take off.

I had the same problem initially. I think the clearances are so tight you just need to have the cap perfectly square when putting it on or pulling it off. I also keep my orings damp. Now, my cap comes on and off perfectly.

I've not seen noisy airflow mentioned, mine whistles a bit unless I pull fairly hard, even then its still a bit of a whistle. Mine not typical? Was going to break out the jewelers files, but just curious if anyone else has a noisy one.

I found that at certain apertures the airflow was noisier than at others.

McAnythingReally

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2015
Albany, NY
Prepare for it to just show up for delivery one day LOL. MY latest FT orders have all sat on that same status(except mine come through NYC) then poof magically its out for delivery and has like 4-5 updates inthe tracking all appear at once. Customs has been a bit wonky lately. Reading through this thread definitely has me pulling the trigger on one of these though! I need a good flavor chasing atty. I have too many cloud chasers at this point.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well... After 18 Days in transit, my NarDa Finally Arrived.

Very Happy with it. Build Quality is Very Good. Screws are SS. Hits like a Champ in Single Coil Mode. Good Looking also.

While checking out the 510 Pin for Bottom Flow compatibility, I did Notice something about it that I have Not seen mentioned before. You can Rotate the entire Positive Post which makes it even Easier to do Single Coil Builds. Kinda Cool.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
How does it make it easier?

(genuine question, i cant visualize how it works)

Because there is a Bigger Gap in the Deck area. So it is Easier to position the Coil into place with a Round Mandrel.

It Isn't like Night-n-Day. And it Isn't all that hard to do a Single Coil anyway. But it is a Tad Easier.

Reactions: dansus

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
So, I take it out of the package, take it apart to wash it & promptly drop the friggin driptip down the sink..... GRRRRRR! After putting a 26ga 7 wrap coming in at .83ohms I don't think I really like it. Without postholes it's kind of a pain to build. Also, it's a pretty tight draw from what I'm used to & I'm not getting much flavor. I had the coil a little high, then I pushed it down lower & still wasn't getting the flavor I was hoping for. I'll try different builds on it and hopefully it'll come around. I almost tossed it in the garbage cause the wire wouldn't stay trapped under the screws. I finally wrapped them completely around the screw which was tricky because when your screwdriver is through the coil holding it in place, there's barely any room to get the wire around the screw. It was only $15, so if we don't get along it's not a big deal.

Reactions: ccwaters

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So, I take it out of the package, take it apart to wash it & promptly drop the friggin driptip down the sink..... GRRRRRR! After putting a 26ga 7 wrap coming in at .83ohms I don't think I really like it. Without postholes it's kind of a pain to build. Also, it's a pretty tight draw from what I'm used to & I'm not getting much flavor. I had the coil a little high, then I pushed it down lower & still wasn't getting the flavor I was hoping for. I'll try different builds on it and hopefully it'll come around. I almost tossed it in the garbage cause the wire wouldn't stay trapped under the screws. I finally wrapped them completely around the screw which was tricky because when your screwdriver is through the coil holding it in place, there's barely any room to get the wire around the screw. It was only $15, so if we don't get along it's not a big deal.

Oh Man.

Like you said, finding out that a 15 Dollar Clone isn't Stellar is not a big deal. But after the Wait that you had to go and then watching the Drip Tip go down the drain, well, that's just a Drag.

Give it a little Time. And try a few different Configurations.

BTW - Those Slotted Screw don't make building on it any Easier. Phillips Head screws are Infinitely Better.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
I'm kinda with Highwayman on his opinion, a bit underwhelmed with it. It is not bad, don't mind the airflow, I can go with tight or loose airflow and be satisfied, though I do prefer a bit more then the Narda. So far I've found no magic in this little guy, tried various builds from mild to wild. Flavor just is not fantastic, OK, maybe average.

The way this thing is hyped I did have much higher expectations, just happy I didn't jump through any flaming rings to give it a try. On to the next hyped up atty, M atty and a Nipple should be here soon.

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I will agree that it doesn't live up to the hype which is one reason I won't pay the going rate. Hyped up atties seldom do-- I'm sure many of us have found that out the hard way. That being said, I do get very good flavor off it and find it quite easy to build. I still dig it as my go to single coil atty.

Different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread