Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
RBFS Sale at vaping Watch :

20% off Everything PLUS Free* Shipping PLUS Free* Clockwerks PLUS Free* Monkey Spunk!

*With 30ml minimum purchase and coupon code "........"....SEE IMAGE FOR DETAILS!

Our Tax Relief Sale starts tonight at Midnight and runs through Sunday! For this promotion, we are offering a 20% discount on everything at Vaping.Watch!

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
A friend sent me 2 bottles of Ahl's new Aromatics. Cocoa Blend and Caribbean Blend.

The Cocoa blend was positively vile right off the bat. I'll need to spend more time with it to even decide if I want to finish the tank that I filled up with it.

The Caribbean blend shows some promise. Mild hints of Rum and relatively light but no tobacco notes to speak of.

They are quite new, so was wondering if they just need to go into the back of my juice closet for a couple 6 months or so.

Is there a secret to vaping Ahl's Aros that I need to know about?

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Thanks Influence! I won't have to worry about how the Cocoa Blend steeps, because it's found the bottom of my trash can after I tried it again. :)

I'm vaping on the Caribbean blend right now, and while it may not be something I ever order (not that I can from Canada anyway!), it's not half bad.

Reactions: AnthonyB

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
A friend sent me 2 bottles of Ahl's new Aromatics. Cocoa Blend and Caribbean Blend.

The Cocoa blend was positively vile right off the bat. I'll need to spend more time with it to even decide if I want to finish the tank that I filled up with it.

The Caribbean blend shows some promise. Mild hints of Rum and relatively light but no tobacco notes to speak of.

They are quite new, so was wondering if they just need to go into the back of my juice closet for a couple 6 months or so.

Is there a secret to vaping Ahl's Aros that I need to know about?
I would try it again in a few months. They are pretty new to the market, so no one knows yet what changes they make with age. I've had synthetic tobaccos that change quite drastically with age. The NET aros were good right away, but the remakes are entirely different ingredients.

Reactions: NotSoMini

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
.....................Is there a secret to vaping Ahl's Aros that I need to know about?

Personally, I was a bit disappointed with the new synthetic aromatics. Tried both Devil Dog and Blue Grass Burly. An avid NET fan, all I could taste from either was a fresh, diced green chili pepper flavor with DD being, by far, the strongest of the two. Taste is subjective but I couldn't really perceive anything tobacco-ish about either one. Had to clean, dry burn and re-wick the Magma afterwards as the spicy pepper flavor lingered.

Reactions: AnthonyB

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I think your advise is bit late Jerms, I'm afraid that Dusty's Carribean is on his way to the central rubbish dump now :D

The Cocoa blend is dumped. It actually triggered my gag reflex and is the first time a juice did that to me. Ugh!!

The Caribbean, I finished the tank and the rest has been put away for a long steep. I'll report back in a couple months how it turns out. ;)

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
The Cocoa blend is dumped. It actually triggered my gag reflex and is the first time a juice did that to me. Ugh!!

The Caribbean, I finished the tank and the rest has been put away for a long steep. I'll report back in a couple months how it turns out. ;)
What a waste. You could have frankenjuiced it with Vita Bella ;)

Odell

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
Ocala, Florida
www.acbio.com
Please forgive me for not reading the whole thread so if this has been mentioned kick it off Dusty.

Been quite a while since I've hit the forum, but I saw this thread and wanted to mention Real Extracts. I found this site looking for a tobacco vape that wasn't flavored with anything but tobacco. I've tried various extracts (which will blissfully remain unnamed) and wasn't really all that impressed. I bought a range of juices from this site not all that optimistic. The day following my order I got a call from Evan (the owner) asking me about my tastes, vaping history, smoking history and what I liked. It turned into about an hour conversation where he described to me his experience and what he was doing with his juice.

Turns out he has a strong chemistry background has traveled all over the damn world smoking various tobaccos and has a unique way of processing. Basically a neat guy.But that's not why I felt like making this post.

I got the shipment in a couple of days fired up his Virginia English blend and finally tasted what I've been missing since I started vaping 4 years ago. I also have been enjoying a Virginia/Burley blend. The juice is clean, no after smell, great throat hit, mouth feel, and finish. It isn't cheap, definitely not for cloud chasers, but if you folks have been missing a vape that I think comes really close to the Old Gold, Camel, Lucky Strikes like they were made in the pre '60's era they're worth your time.

He's got what must be a hundred different types of leaves that he gets from brokers from North Carolina to Amsterdam and has a partner in Cali that processes fruit in the same fashion. I have always hated fruit, but he included a sample of Raspberry and, believe it or not, it was Raspberry not an interpretation of Raspberry It was fruit.

It's impossible for anyone of us tobacco lovers to try every vape out there, but I was impressed enough with this juice and the way the guy is making it, to feel compelled to post about it.

Last edited:

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Real Extracts should do themselves a favor and put out a sample pack. I don't know about anyone else but I've been burned too many times to shell out $30 for an unknown. If you have faith in your product and want to build a larger customer base, you can't do it by offering a few hits off a condomed PV at a con.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I received a few RealExtracts (RTE) form a trade. Classic English (Virginia) was the stand-out for me, one of the better Virginia's I've vaped. Cowboy was ok, Burley+Virginia blends are kind of dull to me. Turkish was good, but not better than other Turkish vapes that are much cheaper.

All were well-made NETs. Priced too high for internet sales though in my opinion, $30 for 30ml is twice as expensive as many other vendors with similar products charge. I would like to try their extracted teas and new fruit-baccos, but I won't when I can get so much more NETcom or Goodejuice for the price to try them. Well, I may, but it would have to be an off chance that a big sale coincides with a time I'm looking to buy juice.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Real Extracts should do themselves a favor and put out a sample pack. I don't know about anyone else but I've been burned too many times to shell out $30 for an unknown. If you have faith in your product and want to build a larger customer base, you can't do it by offering a few hits off a condomed PV at a con.
They have a sample pack now, 4 10ml bottles. Oddly, it shows 2 prices (on the mobile site), so it's either a somewhat bad but not too bad horrible a deal of $30 or a terrible deal of $60 for the 40ml.

Their price for DIY extract is decent at a dollar a ml, but the smallest size for them too is 30ml. They make their high mark-up on premade juice obvious by selling the pure extract at the same price. Unless of course they're using expensive, gourmet VG and PG ;)

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This here Billet Box is proving to be quite versatile. Carto's, a 510 Bridge and an RBA Diver Mod. Only 25W max but I don't go over that much anyway. A few more days of steeping and I get to try my new batch of extracts. Drew Estate Nica Rustica, H&H Signature Stogie, G&H Happy Brown Bogie and Borkum Riff Honey & Orange.

Reactions: clnire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread