Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I just discovered this thread and I want to thank everyone for this incredible wealth of information. An instant subscribe. I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time here.

I bought a sample pack of the Black Note e-liquids a few days ago and I'm really impressed with all of their flavors. But then again, I have no previous experience with NETs, so I still have a lot to discover. The only tobacco vape I had before this was the blu ecigs I started on. THIS is another world.

One thing is puzzling me. I see a fair amount of discussion about NETs and "gunky" coils. But I've been dripping the Black Note juices on a single 1 ohm Clapton coil in a Troll RDA for the past 3 days, and my coil is cleaner than with any other e-liquids I've ever vaped. My wick barely even picks up a tint.

Are there only certain brands/flavors of NET that are prone to "gunk"? Or is there a way to filter NETs to reduce the issue? I don't mind doing a little maintenance for great flavor, but I'm going to want to put a great tobacco liquid (when I find the perfect one) in my Subtank Plus, and it sure would be nice if I could make it through an entire tank without a rebuild.

My vape juice liquids are the kindest on coils. Diane has worked hard to create NETs that minimise gunking.

Naturally-extracted-tobacco.com also makes nets that are relatively friendly on coils.

Want2vape juice gunk so if the gunk factor matters to you, then it might be safer to avoid them, as good as their nets are.

Most of us here have not ventured yet into black note but it's interesting that you don't find them gunky.

If you are going to vape nets in the kangar subtank or any tank i recommend getting the one that has a rebuildable cool so u can overcome the problem of spending more money on coils. Otherwise be prepared to change your coils about once a day or every two days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Checkum and Anthony B: Thanks for the recommendations. I ordered a couple of liquids from NET.com last night. Looking forward to giving them a try.

I also ordered a couple of RBAs for my Kanger Subtank just in case my favorite tobacco vape proves to be "gunkier" than I like. Sometimes ya gotta compromise, right? :vapor:

fouroulou

Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Jerusalem, Israel
If you like paris by W2V you will like the gypsy brunes and the French cig pack. The main difference is that NET.com French cig extractions are not nearly as gunky as Paris, which is one of the most notorious gunkers out there.

If you are using high wattage then higher VG is fine if you don't mind the juice being marginally sweeter.

I always go with extra extract but YMMV.

If you are looking for a good tasting cigar extract I recommend the 7th cut and The Ruins and also the Excalibur if you don't mind spending a bit more.

Thanks Anthony. I did order 7th and The Ruins, and if those do it for me I might give Excalibur a go in the future (if it's still there). Really looking forward to those, though between Walkers and HoL I've been pretty satisfied in the cigar department recently so ordered mostly other liquids: the French-cig pack, Black Cavendish, Balkan, and Bombay. Wanted to get a lot more, but figured that would be a good start.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
It's a good plan.

I like NET's enough to put up with changing coils a little more often than I would with synthetic liquids. I figure that if I can spend money on mods, tanks, liquids, and all the other money I spend on vaping then I can allow for 2 or 3 $2 coil changes a week. It still comes to less than a packet of a cigarettes. Sometimes it is worth the convenience of filling a tank for when I am on the go, which is 5 or 6 days a week.

In order to bring the costs down for coils a little I will sometimes clean them in vodka, let them dry, re-insert it to the tank. I will wait until I have 5-10 coils and put them in a vodka bath for about 24 hours. Sometimes they are like new and other times they are sub-optimal so I will throw them out.

The RBA's for the subtank is a great idea.

Checkum and Anthony B: Thanks for the recommendations. I ordered a couple of liquids from NET.com last night. Looking forward to giving them a try.

I also ordered a couple of RBAs for my Kanger Subtank just in case my favorite tobacco vape proves to be "gunkier" than I like. Sometimes ya gotta compromise, right? :vapor:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
It's a great start but if you do order again I highly recommend trying the Big Spirit which is an extraction of the American Spirit organic roll your own tobacco.

Thanks Anthony. I did order 7th and The Ruins, and if those do it for me I might give Excalibur a go in the future (if it's still there). Really looking forward to those, though between Walkers and HoL I've been pretty satisfied in the cigar department recently so ordered mostly other liquids: the French-cig pack, Black Cavendish, Balkan, and Bombay. Wanted to get a lot more, but figured that would be a good start.

Last edited:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
If you are looking for a good tasting cigar extract I recommend the 7th cut and The Ruins and also the Excalibur if you don't mind spending a bit more.

Good recommendation. I have to say that I was surprised on how much I enjoy 7th Cut. Has such a nice depth of flavor going on and had it right out of the mail. That is the reason I said surprised as I thought I would have felt that way about the Ruins however, it seems to need a little bit more time to develop for me. From the description on the site I thought that would be the other way around with Ruins being more developed out of the mail and 7th Cut would need more time. My experience was just the opposite though.

On the other hand, Excalibur has been a thing of beauty and fun to taste it develop. It was a little disappointing for the first couple months. Once it hit that three month mark, it exploded into a strong, spicy, flavor packed cigar. My bottle is about 4 months old now and can actually taste the cedar, coffee, and cocoa notes as described by Clay. Very nice extraction and will order more next time I order and save it for special occasions.

The other one I really like is Starry Night. Unfortunately, never had a bottle get over that three month mark (almost finished with my second 30 mil bottle) as it is nice and strong right out of the mail; it gets better after a month when the peach and other flavors start to distinguish themselves. Just a wonderful cigar.

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
I also like to clean my attys with long vodka soaks. And I love the look on the clerk's face at the liquor store when I toss that cheap plastic jug of vodka on the counter with the rest of my purchase.

Never tried to recover an Aspire or Kanger disposable coil (all I have - not much into tanks). I'll give it a try. Thanks.

It's a good plan.

I like NET's enough to put up with changing coils a little more often than I would with synthetic liquids. I figure that if I can spend money on mods, tanks, liquids, and all the other money I spend on vaping then I can allow for 2 or 3 $2 coil changes a week. It still comes to less than a packet of a cigarettes. Sometimes it is worth the convenience of filling a tank for when I am on the go, which is 5 or 6 days a week.

In order to bring the costs down for coils a little I will sometimes clean them in vodka, let them dry, re-insert it to the tank. I will wait until I have 5-10 coils and put them in a vodka bath for about 24 hours. Sometimes they are like new and other times they are sub-optimal so I will throw them out.

The RBA's for the subtank is a great idea.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Sorry for those who have already seen this. I have been posting to my subscribed threads.

For people who have not heard, ECF is changing their forum software. Looks like next week. There are several threads announcing it, but I have been following this one that retired1 is explaining how to do things in the new software.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum-how-tos/666330-xen-foro-tips-tricks.html

Might be a good idea to download all your private messages, because if they do port over, if you have them organized in any way, they will come through not organized. I downloaded my private messages as text, organizing them as I went along by person, conversation, topic, whatever, opened them with Notepad and saved them with a file name so I know what messages they are. Maybe not the most efficient way to do it, but that's what I did. You can download them in other formats and hope they import, but messages will be treated differently than the current software.

I personally applaud ECF's effort to stay current. The new software is supposed to handle other platforms, like tablets and phones, easier. Perhaps we can do away with Tapatalk (YEAH!!!!!). We shall see.

Just FYI....

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Good recommendation. I have to say that I was surprised on how much I enjoy 7th Cut. Has such a nice depth of flavor going on and had it right out of the mail. That is the reason I said surprised as I thought I would have felt that way about the Ruins however, it seems to need a little bit more time to develop for me. From the description on the site I thought that would be the other way around with Ruins being more developed out of the mail and 7th Cut would need more time. My experience was just the opposite though.

On the other hand, Excalibur has been a thing of beauty and fun to taste it develop. It was a little disappointing for the first couple months. Once it hit that three month mark, it exploded into a strong, spicy, flavor packed cigar. My bottle is about 4 months old now and can actually taste the cedar, coffee, and cocoa notes as described by Clay. Very nice extraction and will order more next time I order and save it for special occasions.

The other one I really like is Starry Night. Unfortunately, never had a bottle get over that three month mark (almost finished with my second 30 mil bottle) as it is nice and strong right out of the mail; it gets better after a month when the peach and other flavors start to distinguish themselves. Just a wonderful cigar.

Wow. I also had the same experience. The 7th cut was good out of the mail and The Ruins needs more time to develop. I've put them both back into deep steep as I imagine both will improve over time. 7th cut surprised me too for its cigar-iness. Whether Clay just struck gold with extracting the right cigar or used his now significant experience in extracting through a long trial and error process, as I understand Clay has gone through over the last 2 years, 7th Cut is a winner.

I got my order a little over a month ago so I might have a dribble of Excalibur and The Ruins and see how they are coming along.

Your review on Excalibur is the first word I've heard on it. I tried it right out of the mail and also recognised it needed time to steep but I could tell it is something special in the making.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I got my order a little over a month ago so I might have a dribble of Excalibur and The Ruins and see how they are coming along.

Your review on Excalibur is the first word I've heard on it. I tried it right out of the mail and also recognised it needed time to steep but I could tell it is something special in the making.

I think the reason it has not been reviewed much is it is new as it just came out at the end of last year. It is also at the high end of the price spectrum which probably keeps some from trying. I'd like to hear your reviews of it as it ages to see if it's similar to my experience.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
My first order from NET.com will be arriving soon. I ordered a sample pack: NS Brown, Black Cherry, and Coventry. I've gotten into a habit of letting juices age/steep for three weeks before trying them out. Will that amount of time be adequate for NET's juices or should I plan to let them age for longer?

Three weeks is how long I wait before first tasting. Sometimes a month. Even with MVJ's STP. Some that I got in November are coming along nicely. I really like NS Brown. Just ordered a bigger bottle of it.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
My first order from NET.com will be arriving soon. I ordered a sample pack: NS Brown, Black Cherry, and Coventry. I've gotten into a habit of letting juices age/steep for three weeks before trying them out. Will that amount of time be adequate for NET's juices or should I plan to let them age for longer?

It's a personal thing in trying liquids. I try them when I get them and some have done just great out of the box. If they don't suit me I'' try them every ten days or so. Just a few drops. By doing this I can usually tell when the liquid is starting to come into it's own and not blow buy the time it is "ripe" :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread