Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
4 month old Davidoff Flake Medallions keeping me company tonight. Nice medium VaPer blend that just hits on all the right points. 20W on a .5ohm coil wicked with Rayon. So pure. So blissful. :)

I couldn't make up my mind between Pennington Gap or Molte Dolce. So I went with Ashton Artisan.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I was all set to get one until AnthonyB posted that he uses a rice cooker. So, Zorishi to the rescue!

I am so flattered my advice was influential 67tele but can you trust a guy who claims he cooks his juice at 400 degrees Fahrenheit ? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
a couple years ago I read a story about a fellow that took a drill from his workbench and a clean nail. he bent the nail slightly and dipped the nail into the extract and foamed it up on full speed. he whipped it up once or twice a day for a week. He claimed the result was just as good as liquid he has steeped for three weeks. I only bring this up as a possible "cheap" answer to a quicker steep.

Checkum, it certainly helps. Last year I purchased a kids milkshake maker from the toy section of a department store for the same purpose. It cost me all of $11.

I am not sure it speed steeps juice but what it does is mix the juice and get oxygen in there. The mixing optimizes the flavor and makes sure all the molecules get spread out (can you tell I don't have a chemistry degree?).

It may or may not assist steeping time but it does make the juice taste better.

I also find that mixing juices this way brings a bit of life into older juices that have started to taste a bit stale.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Good idea, but i want to shake perhaps 50 bottles at once. I could try my washing machine - LOL

Have bought an RDA now. Hope the handling is not too difficult.

Flash-e-Vapor V3 - basic unit

Lol Jonny! It's 104 euro. That is a mean piece of equipment. You might hurt yourself with that thing :p

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Oh yes, you are right. I am the kukuck fron the schwarzwald and precision is my first name ! Our clocks are perfect.

My home made juices, ohoh. :( I am very afraid of finding out after steeping in a few weeks, that they are not tastefully enough. I am a follower of Str8 in his heated ethanol thread and he has written that he has tried over 250 tobaccos and only a dozen seems to be very good for extractions. I am afraid of getting the other 238 tobaccos, you know ?

Now i have perhaps 30 tobaccos in my jars. Moment, please, must count - hmmm ? :glug:- 1,3472 of my 30 juices could be good. I want 10 good tobaccos at the minimum. Moment, please ----- - 239,21435 tobaccos to try out. Anthony, please - Can you borrow me 2300,765 austri bugs ?

Jonni my initial foray into the world of home made NETs didn't really work out. I was so keen I threw myself into it and made a big batch of about 15-20 bottles of extract from 4 different cigars and one pipe.

I think I leaped too early into this area because as I continue to sample my liquids and understand what went wrong I realise now that every elements has to be done right. One purchase of bad Pg/Vg or bad nicotine can ruin the whole batch. It also a product of pot luck to macerate an untested cigar or pipe. Often, the chosen tobacco just doesn't work well in a home made NET juice. You also have to make sure the chosen tobacco is fresh.

I also had the misfortune of buying flavorless Pg/Vg nicotine juice from health cabin that seems to have understated the nicotine content because it is making nicotine high. So all the home made NET I mixed with that nicotine went down the drain.

Luckily I have extract which I can use to make a new batch but I am noticing the extract is lifeless and flavorless.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I am thinking too, that the cigar juices from net.com taste well but not very strong. A real cigar must be very strong or its not a cigar.

The confederate from ethervape is with the smooth nicotine and its fresh. :(

The best cigar juice in my taste was the patriot from GEJ after 2 or 3 months steeping. During the breathing out through the nose it is fantastic, strong and realistic. But i am missing a little bit more flavour in the mouth during the breathing in.

It would be very interesting to have an extract of patriot and and knowing with what kind of extracting method they are making this awesome juice and i wish i could know from what tobacco it is made. Patriot was my first awesome experience with nets. After i have vaped a few seconds i cant believe this realistic smoky taste. I was going up the floor again and again and have talked to myself "impossible". This was in august and since than i am hunting for more. It was a very cool experience for me.

I have bought 5 or 6 cigars for extracting. Tomorrow i will mix it to juices. Perhaps i will have more luck. A little bit blood of a crushed foggy could help to boost up the flavouring. :thumbs:

You know, Patriot is a thing of beauty and perfection. I've vaped every Net known to man and I always go back to Patriot. It's my most frequent re-order. There is more to Patriot (and the rest of the GEJ NET line) than just a macerated pope tobacco. Brian is using really good quality nicotine and pg/Vg.

Because I carry so much juice I don't finish vaping every bottle and my juices get old. I picked up a 2 1/2 year bottle of Patriot from my inventory and filled a tank with it. The flavor of the NET is almost entirely faded and yet it was an enjoyable vape for the nicotine aspect. I really like the mouthfeel and throat hit of the juice. Brian is using a grade of nicotine I really like.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Checkum, it certainly helps. Last year I purchased a kids milkshake maker from the toy section of a department store for the same purpose. It cost me all of $11.

I am not sure it speed steeps juice but what it does is mix the juice and get oxygen in there. The mixing optimizes the flavor and makes sure all the molecules get spread out (can you tell I don't have a chemistry degree?).

I also find that mixing juices this way brings a bit of life into older juices that have started to taste a bit stale.

I use one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BROV02?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
Before I stick it in the rice cooker set on Keep Warm @ 100 deg.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Smooth Criminal and Tripoli are not NETs. They are synthetic tobacco flavors. Ahlusion changed Smooth Criminal a while ago, if you want to try something like what was the rage in its day, get The Godfather. I have not had it but Ahlusion says it is the original formula.

rbferg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Asheville, NC
Smooth Criminal and Tripoli are not NETs. They are synthetic tobacco flavors. Ahlusion changed Smooth Criminal a while ago, if you want to try something like what was the rage in its day, get The Godfather. I have not had it but Ahlusion says it is the original formula.
I was aware that Tripoli was synthetic but for some reason I thought Smooth Criminal was a NET. Any advice for a smooth "gateway" NET?

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
I was aware that Tripoli was synthetic but for some reason I thought Smooth Criminal was a NET. Any advice for a smooth "gateway" NET?

GoodeJuice, Organic #1, Patriot, Acadian Gold or Wild Turkey(an Oriental/Turkish, not the adult beverage)

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA

thanks so much for your effort to prove or disprove this. now to charge my drills battery! :toast:

Reactions: AnthonyB

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
The flavor of the NET is almost entirely faded and yet it was an enjoyable vape for the nicotine aspect. I really like the mouthfeel and throat hit of the juice. Brian is using a grade of nicotine I really like.

I dont understand. The flavour has gone but you like it without the flavour, only with nicotine ?

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Luckily I have extract which I can use to make a new batch but I am noticing the extract is lifeless and flavorless.

Oh yes, i can sing a song for this. Over 30 pipe tobacco and cigar juices didnt taste. I know my big mistake. Wrong tobaccos ! Only one pipe tobacco was good enough to vape and one rolling tobacco, peter stoykkebye turkish pipe and american spirit organic. Now i a have extracted some other rolling tobaccos, because the only one till yet was the american spirit. Pepe, chesterfield and others without adds seems to taste much better than the expensive pipe tobaccos.

At the moment i have the acid blonde and american spirit in my sous vide with pg only. Its my first experience without ethanol. I am thinking they could be better because of the 96 hours of heating but they will have more gunk.

Home extracting is a funny thing, if you have a little bit success. But i dont think that my own juices could be as good as Clays. Only cigar juices could be better, because the one from Clay are not strong enough.

Reactions: AnthonyB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread