Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Lol Jonny! It's 104 euro. That is a mean piece of equipment. You might hurt yourself with that thing :p

Stop laughing Anthony ! I am hurt. I have become a vaper arm now. Its to heavy. I like the experience but i dont like the weight. I am vaping again with my apire k1.

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
On a german message board somebody has asked for a ready juice, that tastes like american spirit naturally (blue packaging).

Do someone know a juice with this taste ? Perhaps a spirit from net.com ? I only know the big spirit, but its to mild and does not taste like american spirit.

Big Spirit from Net.com is an extraction of American spirit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
You are wishing... like most things in life, they require trial and error.

Each type of tobacco will have different extract times. Extracting longer can bring out different flavor notes which sometimes makes a considerable difference in the taste, so it isn't just about making a flavor stronger, it can make it different also. One notable example would be Heather's Heavenly Vape's flavors of Legend and Serendipity which use the same tobaccos but end up tasting very different simply because the extract time on Serendipity is longer and brings out different flavors... those two almost taste completely different.

PG is thinner so should be able to extract flavors faster than VG would... this would also make filtering easier being a thinner liquid.

I suspect the threads you ( and others ) were pointed at about creating your own extracts will have much more information than this one just talking about the various flavors that already exist from retail vendors. There is some brief talk on extraction here but that isn't the main topic in this thread... it's only a side note here and is best left to discussing the particulars in those other threads if you want real details.

Actually rsdok, I respectfully disagree that conversation on extracting and macerating should be left to other sub
Groups. I wrote a particularly long post in here a couple months back about how discouraging conversation in his thread about macerating techniques and types of tobaccos used was killing this thread and brought it to a virtual stand still.

This is a natural tobacco thread and conversation about macerating techniques augers well with the general topic and creates a synergy of conversation between commercial NETs and home made NETs.

There was a time when the NET commercial market was booming and a new vendor would pop up every other week giving us some new liquids to discuss and review, but given that the process of making NETs is very accessible to the consumer, home made NETs and commercial NETs are intertwined. Indeed, some
Of the home made NETs are just are just as good as their commercial counterparts and the same pipe and cigar tobaccos are often used in both segments. So why divorce earnest discussion about extracting tobaccos from this group?

I don't make my own NETs so I don't particularly visit those sub groups nor do I have the time to keep in touch with a bunch of threads. I personally would prefer this thread to be a one stop shop for all current discussion in a wide array of topics involving natural tobacco extracts.

This thread has finally come to life again owing to discussion about home made NETs.

Let's not send it back into silence again by discouraging vital conversation about home made NETs.

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Once again i am thinking about patriot from GEJ and the nets from net.com.

The nets from Clay tastes very good like tobacco smells but the smokiness is not so good as patriot.
Patriot dont taste as good as the nets from net.com but the smokiness during breathing out through the nose is awesome realistic like a cigarillo or a real cigar.

I think patriot is not a real net. It could be a strong flavour like some from inawera. I have searched a few minutes referring roasting flavours and found a few words about phenole. On the other side In one article has been written that phenole from roasting could be favor cancer.

The idea is to put roasting flavours in a net to have more smokiness but i dont know what i should believe.

What do you think about it ?

I also suspect that Patriot is not 100% net and that it contains ethyl maltol or a similar ingredient that makes it sweeter. But I am not a purist and don't care if a NET is 100% or not. Patriot is one of my all time favorite juices and I would never want Brian to change the recipe.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I dont care too, but i want to know how its made if its not a net.

Big spirit is amercian spirit ? Where do you have this information from ?

Direct from Clay himself... all of the Spirit versions are different American Spirit tobacco's... All of the NS versions are Nat Sherman tobacco's

fogmust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2015
New Jersey
This thread has finally come to life again

Agree. I was a little concerned the other day, when I opened the e-liquid discussion and I didn't see "our" thread on the first page. Let's hope that we keep it there, and with the meaningful and helpful information that it's always had. :thumb:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
So having heard the really bad news that Vash will be shutting up shop with Ethervapes I had to put in an order.

Ethervapes makes some of the best NETs period. Combined with great service and very fair prices, Ethervapes is one of my favorite vendors. I just hope Vash changes his mind or comes back someday. He has told me that he may come back into business at some stage so he isn't entirely abandoning making NETs.

I put in an order for Confederate and Bali Nights primarily which are two of my favorite NETs. Confederate is rivaled only by Patriot as my favorite net. Bali nights is a RYO that I really enjoy. It is in the same league as BiG Spirit.

I've also ordered the new ones - Djinn, Monticello, captain jack (which is rum infused!) and wicked.

I guess my hiatus from buying juice just ended.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Stop laughing Anthony ! I am hurt. I have become a vaper arm now. Its to heavy. I like the experience but i dont like the weight. I am vaping again with my apire k1.

I've got an aspire k1. Hardly ever used it. I might use it with some of my 12mg liquids over the weekend.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I dont care too, but i want to know how its made if its not a net.

Big spirit is amercian spirit ? Where do you have this information from ?

Clay told me all the cigars and pipes used in his extractions and he confirmed that big spirit is American spirit. You can tell by the twist on the naming of the liquid. American SPIRIT - Big SPIRIT.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Agree. I was a little concerned the other day, when I opened the e-liquid discussion and I didn't see "our" thread on the first page. Let's hope that we keep it there, and with the meaningful and helpful information that it's always had. :thumb:

Fogmust, about 3 months ago it didn't even appear in my first 3 pages and I don't even follow any other threads but gourmet eliquids. We were getting 3 posts a week for a while there but there was a time when it was so busy in here that you couldn't keep up. There used to be 3 pages a day on a bad day.

However, I understand rsdok was just giving Jonny some helpful advice.

But as far as I am concerned please discuss every aspect of tobaccos here!

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I only know the big spirit and it has tasted to mild for me. Are there big differences between the other spirits ?

I am smoking the rolling tobacco american spirit organic. Its my favourite tobacco for smoking. Is the organic spirit from Clay really the same ?

I've extracted all of the American Spirit Tobaccos. Perique ( black Package ) is my favorite followed by the original. All the rest taste the same to me.

jonnydoe

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
I am vaping american spirit organic at the moment by the hot ethanol extraction method. I like it but now i am very curious how organic spirit and speaking spirit from Clay will taste referring to my own.

I think their is a difference between the orange organic and the blue naturally package in taste. The organic is sweater.

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I've never bought the idea of closing over fear of possible future regulations. I've seen other vendors say that in the past, and I call BS. You don't close a profitable business because yet to be determined regulations might happen. You close because it's not profitable, and you save face by saying that not-yet-existing regulations are to blame.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Yes, best post I've read all day. It makes no economic sense at all to close a profitable business well before, maybe a year or two before, a change in the environment causes losses. It's not like there are expensive overheads and lease contracts to sign. It can be done in the backyard.

What is the situation with the regulations anyway? Hearing that some vendors may be closing up because of the regulations is the most tangible manifestation of the doom and gloom scenario we have all been fearing, and sneering at, for years. Is deeming becoming a reality now ? Why is this affecting NET juices?

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I think a lot of folks find NETs better at lower power. I do most of mine at 15-16 watts on a 1.5 coil (give or take). Really high power and sub-ohming, I think, just burns the long-chain flavor in an NET. I don't have any science to prove that, just my own thinking.

You are not alone! :)

I'm now thinking this true on some of the tobaccos I've extracted and how the level of power, the level of resistance, the type of build, the type of RDA, the percentage used in the mix, etc. all come into play with different types of tobaccos

As an example I tried one extract through an RDA at .77 Ohms at 30W, single coil and the density and flavor was wonderful. I tried the same extract through another RDA at .26 Ohms at 61W, dual coil and the flavor was washed out.

Whole lot of variables. Whole lot of testing.

Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco .com gets my vote for the best NET liquids. They have a huge variety, 5 star quality, 5 star service, and offers lab tests for diketones. I have tried about 15 liquids so far and all are spot on with the way they are described on the site. Clay the owner is as nice as they come, and very helpful. The ingredients are of the highest quality and all natural...nothing artificial! They offer PG or VG in any combination and percentage that you want. I've tried about 10 different vendors for NET liquids and nothing else comes close IMHO. Black Note makes quality NET, but they are about $10 per 30ml too high...no liquid is worth $29 per 30 ml....but their liquid is quite excellent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread