Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
you are the man!! $100 is a tad steep, having no clue what I will or won't like, but I'll have to take the plunge.

See if this helps: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QFR-pn1V-l9ax5vvOhKq1_UpHrVCi9erTOdDUfqDdQE/edit?usp=sharing

Very rudimentary personal notes on some of the NETs I've tried. There's a healthy MVJ section there.

I don't have Dunhill Nightcap updated there yet, but Dunhill Early Morning and Nightcap are two that I would highly recommend adding to your order.

Reach out via PM if you have any questions. Cheers!

Avi8tor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Charlotte, NC
NET.com takes maybe 3-4 days to get an order shipped which doesn't bother me in the least since it's gonna have to steep for a month or so anyway. I'm also glad to trade that time for being able to email Clay at NET.com and get a detailed response and advice quickly.

You'll get as many suggestion as to what to try as there are contributors here...hehe.

Mine from MVJ:
Dunhill Early Morning
Dunhill Night Cap
Suttlife Private Stock Spinnaker
Drew Estates Meat Pie
MVJ's Centurion
and more.

From NET.com
Va/Per/O/S
Big Spirit
NS Dark
and I'm starting to really like Bombay

Nice! good to know there are more out there :D
Thank you

R/Avi

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Oh dear, did I just review a reviewer?

You did indeed! Ha. One of the reasons I've stopped doing straight reviews (focusing on interviews and playing with a new format) is that there are so, so, so many bad reviewers out there. I don't want to be associated with them or looked at as one of them. Many of the popular (by YouTube standards) reviewers are just unprofessional. Of course there are exceptions, but the vast majority of people posting vaping video reviews have bad content, have poor productions values, or both.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
avi8tor...tell me how they stack up and if I should try Dark horse again As I lost my 30 or 50 (i forget) but didnt get to try it...soo mad... so im curious to find out if its worth another order. Also Im here for ya man....that is if ya need help on ur testing, lol.

Dark Horse is worth an order any day!

yo Dusty that spreadsheet is awesome man....thanks a ton...I see I now have a menu of good tobaccos from dif company to choose from ....sveeet!

You're welcome! :)

Avi8tor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Charlotte, NC
It's nice when you get vape mail. Didn't even let the e-liquid get to room temperature.

Came quick. Good thing cause I was OUT of tobacco liquid and snow tonight. Everything stops in NC when it snows!
Got the KGD cotton, a Kayfun clone, a 50W Istick, and the 4 True Vapor Liquids. Vaping out of a Russian 91% until I can clean and wick the clone.

BTW, I was using organic cotton. The KGD is nice and I seem to get more flavor and no initial bad taste. Maybe it's just new cottonitis and my mind is playing tricks. Don't care cause it just tastes so damn good!

vapemail.jpg

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Anyone know if hurricane vapors tobacs are net's they are sooo good..... twilight Cavendish is soo good.

I kind of knew but had to confirm so I sent them an email. Just as I suspected, Hurricane Vapors are synthetic tobaccos. Although, I do agree that they are real good. Belgian Simmered and Vanilla Sky were some of my favorite tobaccos until I found NETs. I do plan on ordering some up again though as they are easier on tanks for those long rides where dripping just becomes a hassle.

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Anyone else curious about the return of Ahlusion Aromatics ?

Is he shipping International yet?! .. No!

Add me to the "I don't care!" camp, please.

After the no Aromatic on-line availability fiasco, and now this (now without tobacco DNA!) I think the picked an appropriate name, their Net tobacco never did Wow, but I did enjoy the Tea juices very much. GeJ or NET.com, did wow me from the first order, and still get the occasional order from me.

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Anyone else curious about the return of Ahlusion Aromatics (now without tobacco DNA!)?
Curious? Much more than that my friend. It'll be fascinating to see what they're like and how close to the originals they get. It's almost unthinkable that those flavors can be made without tobacco. Wlad though.. as an experienced flavor chemist that man can pull off some truly astounding feats with flavor.

Some, like Sweet Georgia Peach (still have a few ml left in my stash), I can see making an easier transition. But Blue Grass Burley? Devil Dog!??? I'm really excited to see how he pulls off DD without tobacco.

For me to order them is a no-brainer (I'm sure the same for you). I just need to see the results of this. And since it's Ahl, I feel confident that they'll at least be highly vapable and well-made even if they aren't a match to the originals.

Just think Ray, DD and BGB being clear juices and easy on coils? If they have the same tobacco taste that they did as NET, well.. game-changer.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I just might need a mule.. Dammit Jerms!!
If someone finds the key to unlock NET flavor without tobacco extract it's Ahl, but that's still a big IF! You've had Devil Dog, it was just called Apache ;) . Different juices, but extremely similar. Could you imagine Apache as a clean and clear synthetic?

I'm glad to see someone try. I don't vape NET because it's made of tobacco, I vape NET because it's the only option for real tobacco taste. With what can be done with flavor molecules, real tobacco flavor should be possible in synthetic form, as long as there's people willing to attempt it. As small of a market we NET vapers make, I wasn't counting on that effort being made. If Ahl can do it and it sells, eventually other vendors will release real tobacco tasting synthetics as well.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
If someone finds the key to unlock NET flavor without tobacco extract it's Ahl, but that's still a big IF! You've had Devil Dog, it was just called Apache ;) . Different juices, but extremely similar. Could you imagine Apache as a clean and clear synthetic?

I'm glad to see someone try. I don't vape NET because it's made of tobacco, I vape NET because it's the only option for real tobacco taste. With what can be done with flavor molecules, real tobacco flavor should be possible in synthetic form, as long as there's people willing to attempt it. As small of a market we NET vapers make, I wasn't counting on that effort being made. If Ahl can do it and it sells, eventually other vendors will release real tobacco tasting synthetics as well.

I don't think he's the first one to try. Every synthetic tobacco flavor out there has been an attempt to replicate tobacco taste. Will he be more successful than others ? Possibly.

I seriously doubt ( although i clearly don't know ), that he is assembling compounds on a molecular level. From what i've read about this industry, even the " End flavor suppliers " that we are familiar with do not create flavor molecules, but they are compounders of flavor molecules which have been created by " root manufacturers ". Root manufacturing is extremely expensive and requires labs that cost millions of dollars and chemists who have had many years of apprenticeship and employment in flavor houses. So he is probably working with the same tobacco flavors available to other vendors, although he might combine them in a superior manner and/or have access to some flavors that others don't !?

Again, just my limited understanding of how the flavor industry works. :)

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I don't think he's the first one to try. Every synthetic tobacco flavor out there has been an attempt to replicate tobacco taste. Will he be more successful than others ? Possibly.

I seriously doubt ( although i clearly don't know ), that he is assembling compounds on a molecular level. From what i've read about this industry, even the " End flavor suppliers " that we are familiar with do not create flavor molecules, but they are compounders of flavor molecules which have been created by " root manufacturers ". Root manufacturing is extremely expensive and requires labs that cost millions of dollars and chemists who have had many years of apprenticeship and employment in flavor houses. So he is probably working with the same tobacco flavors available to other vendors, although he might combine them in a superior manner and/or have access to some flavors that others don't !?

Again, just my limited understanding of how the flavor industry works. :)
I've heard he is a professional flavor chemist who creates flavorings at the molecular level, who used to specialize in making ice cream flavors before eliquid. I've never met him, so it's what I've heard, not what I know. I do know he manufactures most the flavors that they use, though also use some other commercial flavorings, and they also sell their manufactured flavors to other juice vendors.

As far as I know this is the first I've heard of an attempt to make a flavoring that tastes like NET, specific ones at that. The synthetic tobaccos I've tried taste like they were made to represent an idea of tobacco, but not the flavors of extracted tobacco.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I've heard he is a professional flavor chemist who creates flavorings at the molecular level, who used to specialize in making ice cream flavors before eliquid. I've never met him, so it's what I've heard, not what I know. I do know he manufactures most the flavors that they use, though also use some other commercial flavorings, and they also sell their manufactured flavors to other juice vendors.

As far as I know this is the first I've heard of an attempt to make a flavoring that tastes like NET, specific ones at that. The synthetic tobaccos I've tried taste like they were made to represent an idea of tobacco, but not the flavors of extracted tobacco.

I hear you, but just because the synthetics you tried weren't successful in replicating the taste of tobacco, it doesn't mean it was for the lack of trying. I mean i don't think they set out to represent the " idea of tobacco " rather than it's taste. Just my opinion.

I would be really surprised if he manufactures flavors on a molecular level himself. I was reading a thread in a different forum on the topic, and the owner of a major vendor ( NicVape ) and member of the board of AEMSA clamed that even the end flavor manufacturers ( FA, TFA etc... ) don't manufacture flavors on a molecular level. It's the " Root Manufacturers " who do that.

But as far as Wlad working in the flavor houses as a Flavor Chemist, i don't know. There is easily as much misinformation out there about Ahlusion as fact :) Wlad is a talented mixer of flavors for sure, but not the straightest shooter out there !

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I hear you, but just because the synthetics you tried weren't successful in replicating the taste of tobacco, it doesn't mean it was for the lack of trying. I mean i don't think they set out to represent the " idea of tobacco " rather than it's taste. Just my opinion.

I would be really surprised if he manufactures flavors on a molecular level himself. I was reading a thread in a different forum on the topic, and the owner of a major vendor ( NicVape ) and member of the board of AEMSA clamed that even the end flavor manufacturers ( FA, TFA etc... ) don't manufacture flavors on a molecular level. It's the " Root Manufacturers " who do that.

But as far as Wlad working in the flavor houses as a Flavor Chemist, i don't know. There is easily as much misinformation out there about Ahlusion as fact :) Wlad is a talented mixer of flavors for sure, but not the straightest shooter out there !
I think there's info in the 'about us' and the FAQ of their site about the creation of their flavorings. I don't remember the specifics of their claims.

I'm not sure if you've had their old aros, but a couple like DD and BGB were NETs with a very authentic and potent flavor. All I know is if they create the same or even similar flavor with non-tobacco ingredients it will be something I haven't experienced from artibaccos, not by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread