Status
Not open for further replies.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
I want to start a thread for those looking for real tobacco flavors rather than anything artificial/imitation. I'm not bashing any vendors that use artificial flavorings as some are very good. However, there's a few of us that still crave that quality tobacco taste (pipe, cigar, other non-cigarette tobaccos). I know there's a few of us more seasoned in the natural/organic/extracted areas, while others may be total newbies so all please chime in! Please post the vendor, liquid, what is resembles, and honest thoughts. Even if you're not a fan of one liquid someone else may be looking for that specific flavor. I call it objectional subjectivism: honesty without any ranting.

Reactions: Pajomota

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Vendor: Goodejuice
Liquid: House Brewed Line Patriot
Thoughts: Aromatic pipe. Period. There's nothing else out there that comes even close to an aromatic pipe tobacco. Goodejuice extracts their own tobaccos. This is a blend of Louisiana Perique, Virginia Burley, and Kentucky Cavendish. If you're looking for an aromatic pipe, you need to try this.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Vendor: Want2Vape
Liquid: Blondie
Thoughts: When you walk into a cigar shop, if they sell Drew Estates' Acid line, you're going to smell them right away. It's a "flavored" cigar but nothing like the cheap gas station ones. A connecticut wrapper cigar with herbs and other flavorings to give it that unique taste, this is a definite love/hate flavor. The cigar tastes exactly like it smells. Want2vape extracts from the actual cigar giving the liquid that perfect taste. Even at 0mg, as I vape this, it's very satisfying. One of the best cigar liquids out there.

jplanet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
NJ
Disclaimer: I have never smoked real pipe tobacco, though I found the aroma inviting when near someone smoking a pipe. Cigar smoke, from a second-hand, always seemed too harsh - I've only tried a few puffs of cigars here and there when I did smoke, but wasn't that crazy about it. But, I've found a few juices that satisfy what I had envisioned pipes and cigars to be like, had I decided to get into them and savor their finer points.

Vendor: Highbrow
Liquid: Cigar
Thoughts: This is what I imagine a high-end British cigar would taste like. Nice and dry, luxurious vapor texture in 100% VG. A touch of pepper and spice. It strikes me as a very "grown up", expensive flavor.

Vendor: Alien Visions
Liquid: Havana Gold
Thoughts: I am not sure if this qualifies as a natural tobacco or not - I haven't found anything describing how this flavor is made, but it tastes very convincingly like a cigar - I'd be very surprised if actual cigars were not involved in the flavoring process at some point. A more "common" flavor compared to Highbrow Cigar, but works surprisingly well as an all-day vape. A flavor that is very hard to get tired of. I can pick this up right after vaping Highbrow, and it stands the test of time.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
I want to add to the Highbrow Cigar post a bit. The cigar is from a candela wrapper. That is the green wrapper rather than a brown one. This means the flavor is more mild than even a connecticut cigar.

As for Havana Gold, it is not a natural liquid. It is cigarish in nature but used with artificial flavorings. In my opinion it is the best artificially flavored cigar liquid.

Please note that I'm just trying to provide additional information. I encourage everyone to do the same so that we can have as well rounded descriptions/opinions as possible. Remember it's okay to disagree but not okay to hate.

Last edited:

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Vendor: Want2vape
Liquid: Tabac Especial
Thoughts: Another flavored cigar liquid made by Drew Estates, who also makes Acid Blondie. This is a cigar infused with coffee that gives it a sweeter, distinct flavor. I'm not positive if they use the natural or maduro wrapper. You will enjoy this if you've ever had a Rocky Patel Java cigar. A solid cigar flavor with a hint of sweetness and coffee. A really enjoyable flavor.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Vendor: Quicknic Ejuice
Liquid: Habana Daydream
Thoughts: Described as a "blend of Virginias, Perique, unsweetened Black Cavendish with a dash of Latakia and a spoonful of rich cigar leaf." In other words, it's like pipe tobacco with a little cigar thrown in. It's actually quite pleasant and a wonder median if you're looking for an infusion of the two. The pipe is not as much aromatic but not bitter as many english blends are. It definitely is different and in a very good way.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Vendor: Mom and Pop Vapor Shop
Liquid: RYO
Thoughts: Described on the website as a "commercial cigarette" flavor. While not a smokey, nasty flavor usually associated with cigarette copies, this is a pretty good tobacco flavor. It's somewhat sweet but in a natural way rather than the usual way vendors add flavorings to enhance their liquids. While not a strong flavor it does taste like a non-flavored tobacco, more like a simple aromatic pipe tobacco than anything else.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Liquid: American Blend
Thoughts: Described as "it tastes just like you would expect tobacco to taste, just a little woody, a little caramel, nothing too overpowering." I find this flavor to be very tobaccoish while not quite a tobacco I can put my finger on. While your mind will instantly say "this is a tobacco liquid" I don't know how quick you will associate this with a specific tobacco. It tastes very close to Vermillion River Kentucky Blend. It is a lighter taste as the website describes without a specific tobacco flavor.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
This is a great question! I have not had these. As a low mg nicotine user, 18mg, which is what they only offer, would be too high. I probably wouldn't buy these as the flavors aren't described nor are there options for nicotine. This probably means they are importing the flavors from somewhere else. Personally I like it when the vendors make their own liquids in house.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Liquid: 10 Forty Tobacco
Thoughts: Described as "many juices claim they capture a true tobacco flavor, this one does. Not sweet, a little dry with just enough ashtray to satisfy." The second sentence is definitely true for this flavor. It isn't sweet, somewhat dry, but I really don't get that ashtray flavor. An original flavor that doesn't resemble any tobaccos I can think of, this would satisfy those looking for that "dirty" tobacco rather than anything fresh.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Vendor: Halo
Liquid: Captain Jack 18mg
Thoughts: This juice has completely turned around my notions on E-liquid tobaccos. I don't know much in the way of articulating tobacco qualities of leaf, region, or form for that matter; so, I will try to express this liquid in more abstract terms and overall experience--Halo Captain Jack is a poem that I am trying to comprehend.

While I believe this is a lab juice, it tastes to my unseasoned palate to be well formulated. It is both smooth and bold; while being dry yet dense with flavor. The fragrance is very close to what I remember as a child being around pipe smoking elders, and seeing as how almost three quarters of our sense of taste is smell, this seems to be spot-on. While smell is of extreme importance to taste, I don't always taste e-liquid the way it smells (don't know why). Captain Jack, however, tastes exactly how it smells. Whatever flavorings Halo uses, it has a strong scent that is neither greater or less than the taste. It is seductive and well-balanced in its woodiness, spice, and earthiness; with a mature gruff of sweetness that sings softly amongst the other notes. While Captain Jack is indeed a complex offering from Halo; the best adjective I can use to describe it is "round"--its parts are complete from start to finish.

The vapor production is as good as any other with similar pg/vg ratios, and the throat hit is above average. The flavor and aroma linger for equal amounts of time--which is quite long.

Jeez! This was the most challenging review I have written on the forum thus far. I hope luceblueboy reads this and responds, as well as any others that have tried this juice or are interested. I did my best with what I have!

p.s. I really dig your format and think this is an awesome thread!!!

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I guess you could call this a bump. I am reading through luceblueboy's threads and posts and feel, I as well as others could benefit from this!

I second this bump. I think this thread deserves some love.

I just received some 10 Forty from Mom and Pop's and filled up a carto. I get strong notes of clove and licorice that is very similar to their Blackjack blend, but not as strong. Because the juice is fresh, these might be flavors that meld with the tobacco as the tobacco flavor comes to the forefront. Any thoughts?

And just to contribute to the thread:

Vendor: Backwoods Brew
Flavor: Adirondack
Description: "Fresh organic tobacco that's not too strong, nor too mild. This is a unique tobacco flavoring and easily an all-day vape."
Thoughts: Dry, earthy, woodsy, and some "dirty." This definitely tastes like a RYO cigarette filled with quality tobacco.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I call it objectional subjectivism: honesty without any ranting.

I hope my review wasn't a rant, but I wanted to give it a go.

I encourage everyone to do the same so that we can have as well rounded descriptions/opinions as possible. Remember it's okay to disagree but not okay to hate.

This thread has inspired me to not vape blindly, and to try new liquids and vendors; so for that, I say "thank you!" I know someone may disagree with my findings, but I am really just starting to truly appreciate tobacco juices and I will eventually sort out the good from the better. ;)

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Liquid: Vapenstein Blend Managua
Description: "The Doctor's vision of a dark, oily Corojo-wrapped maduro, lightly toasted. This incredible cigar vape has shades of coffee, grain and leather and hits all the right notes without stinking up the room."
Thoughts: A dark, rich maduro cigar. Like Want2Vape's other Vapenstein Blends, this one is steeped from the type of tobacco it replicates. This liquid is very rich and robust. I believe it is the most convincing cigar flavor I have tried due to its flavor and vapor production, and on par with Want2Vape's Acid Blondie and Alcazar in terms of authenticity. Like many natural tobacco extracts, it is hard on atomizers.

Last edited:

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Thank you everyone for bumping this up! I started this because there was no thread on ECF detailing natural/extracted tobacco eliquids so I wanted to put one together. It didn't take off well so I forgot about it.

Mr. Mann, thanks for kicking this off again. While Halo's Captain Jack is not a natural tobacco eliquid, it's all good because we're here to educate and share information. Your review was great.

I wanted this thread to be a place where everyone can share, not just those reviewers that are more eloquent with words. I'm just not a fan of bashing someone else's opinion. Negative reviews are welcome as long as you describe why you didn't like the liquid. Thanks again everyone! You've inspired me to get this thing rolling again!

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Liquid: Cold Infusion
Thoughts: Extracted from the same cigar line as Blondie, Cold Infusion is a natural, nicaraguan, medium bodied cigar infused with flavor of peach, pine, green tea, and more. The eliquid is a bit different. It tastes like a high end natural cigar. No added flavors like Blondie just straight up premium natural cigar. Think Oliva V, Fuente, Romeo y Julieta, etc. This is absolutely a masterpiece for the cigar lover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread