Not open for further replies.

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
Ray,

I have grown to really enjoy your reviews. There are hundreds of guys out doing this as you know. However, for as much experience and knowledge as you have acquired, you still keep these to the point and manageable for a wide audience. I think this works not only for the newer vapers, but the more seasoned. I personally just want a quick shot with the highlights and low lights. That, coming from an experienced guy (let alone one whose tastes I know from ECF) is enough for me to go on. I think for a wide audience these are extremely well done.

I am catching up on some older ones. LOVE the reference to URINE boy. Awesome!

So when are you reviewing Uncle BJ's Blackberry Burley???

:)

Last edited:

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
Talking about Sahara Blend, I think I should thank Ray for mentioning it here recently. It has been mentioned before too, but I think I forgot about it until I saw it here again recently via Ray. It is very enjoyable now as a vape, on the fairly sweet side but with enough going on in the background. I got some synthetic taste from it but not in a bad way. It's not tobaccoey now to me but after steeping more of that should show up as others pointed out. As Jerms also pointed out in his review, it's also VERY clean on the coils. I vaped about 3+ mL in my T2s and there's no sign of gunk! It's nice to be able to refill the tank multiple times without coil change...

Another surprise I got with was with Bluegrass Burley. After vaping about 1.5mL, the coils looked not that gunky at all! Almost to the point that I could have refilled the tank one more time...

Edit: I also vaped Peachy Criminal. The peach taste in it is very good! Not that much tobacco yet, but as it is, a very satisfying after dinner vape instead of eating fruit :)

Last edited:

papabogart

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Satis, Faction
After vaping over 10ml, the smoke has begun to clear with my Vurley. What a difference time can make, even with an A+ aromatic (which by the way, is counter intuitive to the use of that term in the world of pipe tobaccos) After a 12 hour airing out and a lot of shaking, the smokiness has backed down greatly to become a nice element to a clean extract of a virgin Burley. (I'm still not certain if that comes from a fire cure or a flavor additive, but I hope it doesn't continue to fade away). It's possible the long airing out and prolifick shaking I had to do was due to the high VG content and the fact that my bottle was filled up into the neck--not complaing about getting extra juice. My only complaint now (other than it being a real gunker), is that the vanilla is a bit strong and sweeter than I would like. If the tobacco can hold flavor and the vanilla fade a bit, this would be my idea of a perfect vanilla topped tobacco. Even as is, I'm really enjoying it.

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
My only complaint now (other than it being a real gunker), is that the vanilla is a bit strong and sweeter than I would like. If the tobacco can hold flavor and the vanilla fade a bit, this would be my idea of a perfect vanilla topped tobacco. Even as is, I'm really enjoying it.

If the vanilla changes, it would only be after a long steep. I don't think the Vurley I've had changed much at all from day one to several weeks old, but it may fade after several months like the honey does in Honey Cured. If it's only a minor complaint, getting the recommended 70%PG next time may result in a slightly less sweet juice that may be more to your liking.

I've found Vurley to be a perfect blend of vanilla and tobacco into one vanbacco flavor. Couldn't tell where the vanilla ends and the tobacco begins. That was with 70% PG and 50/50 PG/VG.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
HA. Who would've guessed. Both my ahlusion (BGB, SC and JD blend) and GeJ (vita Bella and patriot ) juices have arrived. Along with my new provari >:)))) if you ask me, vapemail days don't get much better than this.

NOW here's when I need inputs from you folks. Recommend steep time for each juice! I've heard fresh SC smells like raccoon piss, so that bottle isn't gonna see the light of day for 3 weeks. What about the rest? I wanna do this right. I know there are gonna be people suggesting I try them fresh, but unfortunately for me once I get a whiff of funky taste, it's sticks with me and I can never enjoy it regardless of how well steeped it becomes after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BecknCO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2013
Denver, CO
Nice reviews for the Sahara Chinook & Ray -- makes me excited to taste my 30ml for the first time! Now if I could just put down BGB and Vurley, I think I could make that happen :)

p.s. Ray I took your advice on pinoy punch, and I had no idea how fresh and natural a fruit juice could taste - damn! I never had mangosteen before, but this tastes like a delicious mango/pineapple punch. I can't wait to give orient whisper a shot and see what lychee tastes like :vapor:

Last edited:

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
Just my opinion...

SC - 6 weeks minimum. Just go with it dude. Trust me

BGB - I liked it straight away, but 2-4 weeks will make a subtle and nice difference on smoothness

VB - Vape it now, just a tank. Then do another tank in 4-6 weeks. Then another in 8-10 weeks. I am an 8-10 week minimum guy on that stuff

Patriot - Vape it up now, hot and heavy.

papabogart

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Satis, Faction
And Mine:
SC-I'm new to it, but letting it steep for a month before trying it again.

BGB--never had it, but if it's the same Burley as in Vurley, a couple days with a 12 hour air made a big difference.

VB--no longer commenting--I had my say.

Patriot-- One of my favorites. I've never noticed any difference from steeping, but then I've never been able to hold any back more than 6 weeks, Good from the get go, but I've found its really delivery device dependent. I can't vape it in a PT2

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
HA. Who would've guessed. Both my ahlusion (BGB, SC and JD blend) and GeJ (vita Bella and patriot ) juices have arrived. Along with my new provari >:)))) if you ask me, vapemail days don't get much better than this.

NOW here's when I need inputs from you folks. Recommend steep time for each juice! I've heard fresh SC smells like raccoon piss, so that bottle isn't gonna see the light of day for 3 weeks. What about the rest? I wanna do this right. I know there are gonna be people suggesting I try them fresh, but unfortunately for me once I get a whiff of funky taste, it's sticks with me and I can never enjoy it regardless of how well steeped it becomes after

I think initially taking the caps off for 5-10 mins and letting out the stuff like alcohol is advised. The rest will depend on the juice. For me Patriot was ready to go. Let me know what you think of BGB :)

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
I think initially taking the caps off for 5-10 mins and letting out the stuff like alcohol is advised. The rest will depend on the juice. For me Patriot was ready to go. Let me know what you think of BGB :)

Funny thing about "let me know how you like it" with almost all the NETs I've tried is that by the time I'm ready to "let you know", it's been weeeeeeeks after. Not that I'm complaining :D :D :D

If I could have a superpower, it would either be super human strength, or the ability to instantly steep a juice. That would be handy as hell. Heck, I could even open an online store for steeping services and earn a few bucks from all you NETs lovers :p

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
Funny thing about "let me know how you like it" with almost all the NETs I've tried is that by the time I'm ready to "let you know", it's been weeeeeeeks after. Not that I'm complaining :D :D :D

If I could have a superpower, it would either be super human strength, or the ability to instantly steep a juice. That would be handy as hell. Heck, I could even open an online store for steeping services and earn a few bucks from all you NETs lovers :p

BGB doesn't need to steep. Vape it NOW!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo

Wow, nice vapemail day!

I don't know who said fresh Smooth Criminal smells like raccoon piss, but it doesn't. Honey vapes are notorious for having a pissy smell, but SC doesn't have any honey flavoring. I'd suggest trying it after a couple days. It starts out as a dessert-ish tobacco and loses the dessert notes with time. Some people love the dessert side of fresh SC and some don't, you won't know unless you try it.

BGB will make just minute changes as it ages. The aro line according to the maker needs no steeping, and most agree. Your reaction and opinion BGB is likely to morph, but not the flavor.

JG Blend tastes pretty good fresh, but is a great steeper too. Couple weeks should be good.

For the GeJ ones, opinions differ, but I like them both immediately. I actually find that opinions vary so much person to person that steeping recommendations are just about useless. For every juice some say it's good to go while another says it needs months. Give it a try right away, as long as you don't vape it all in one session you'll get an idea of how it steeps for you. Or just pick a routine for all juices.. mixed to order juices usually benefit from a couple days and many from a couple weeks of age.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Ray,

I have grown to really enjoy your reviews. There are hundreds of guys out doing this as you know. However, for as much experience and knowledge as you have acquired, you still keep these to the point and manageable for a wide audience. I think this works not only for the newer vapers, but the more seasoned. I personally just want a quick shot with the highlights and low lights. That, coming from an experienced guy (let alone one whose tastes I know from ECF) is enough for me to go on. I think for a wide audience these are extremely well done.

I am catching up on some older ones. LOVE the reference to URINE boy. Awesome!

So when are you reviewing Uncle BJ's Blackberry Burley???

:)

Thank you Sir! The brevity comes from my background in video and videogames. Spending years writing and producing video for gamers with short attention spans has trained me to keep things short. Personally, I can't watch a 30-minute review on anything. Ha!

I probably won't get to Uncle BJ's Blueberry Burley for a long time. I'm way, way, way behind in juice reviews. For NET.com stuff, I wanted to check out the cigarette tobacco e-liquids next.

Nice reviews for the Sahara Chinook & Ray -- makes me excited to taste my 30ml for the first time! Now if I could just put down BGB and Vurley, I think I could make that happen :)

p.s. Ray I took your advice on pinoy punch, and I had no idea how fresh and natural a fruit juice could taste - damn! I never had mangosteen before, but this tastes like a delicious mango/pineapple punch. I can't wait to give orient whisper a shot and see what lychee tastes like :vapor:

Glad you enjoyed Pinoy Punch. I really enjoyed that one and will definitely pick some up in the future. There's a really good chance you'll enjoy Orient Whisper too. They're similar in that they use numerous fruit flavors and an atypical highlight, but the creaminess of Orient Whisper makes it very different.

Speaking of mangosteen and lychee, I'm off to Southeast Asia later this week and I'm going to devour all the fruits that aren't easily available here. Fresh and ripe mangosteen and lychee are at the top of the list.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo

That Pinoy is such an odd juice. Probably so odd to me because I've never had mangosteen and it's a pretty unique flavor. It's odd, but I do like it for an out-there experience. Banyan Tree from them is the bomb too.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo

The 5-10 minute cap off is more to introduce oxygen into the juice which speeds up steeping than to have anything evaporate. Some juices that are made with alcohol based flavors need to air out for several hours, but those are fairly rare. Virgin Vapor is one vendor that benefits from that.

You can do the several minute cap off and shake for several days in a row if you feel inclined to speed up steeping further, but I'm way too lazy to mess with all that. As long as air is briefly introduced, that's enough to get things going and let time take care of the rest. Shaking bottles that are aging never hurts, and I do it when I think about it.

None of Ahl's juice has noticable alcohol and the maker recommends not to leave the cap off for longer than 5 minutes, otherwise the juice becomes overly oxidized. GeJ contains no alcohol too.

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
Thank you Sir! The brevity comes from my background in video and videogames. Spending years writing and producing video for gamers with short attention spans has trained me to keep things short. Personally, I can't watch a 30-minute review on anything. Ha!

I probably won't get to Uncle BJ's Blueberry Burley for a long time. I'm way, way, way behind in juice reviews. For NET.com stuff, I wanted to check out the cigarette tobacco e-liquids next.

BLACKberry Burley...and as the only man in America who drinks coffee from your HEAD every morning I think you should bump it up in the rotation...or at least slip it in to your next NETCOM review...just for me. I might even consider a guest appearance (free of charge) as I am down in Fullerton...

I think a straight cigarette juice rebiew of NETCOm is in order for sure. Actually, while I was on hiatus they came out with those juices, so even as one of Clay's inner circle since his launch I totally missed them. I have to order ASAP. The NS Dark in particular is really exciting. I am hoping beyoind hope it is a clean burning Paris. DARE TO DREAM. Has anyone tried it?

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Wow, nice vapemail day!

I don't know who said fresh Smooth Criminal smells like raccoon piss, but it doesn't. Honey vapes are notorious for having a pissy smell, but SC doesn't have any honey flavoring. I'd suggest trying it after a couple days. It starts out as a dessert-ish tobacco and loses the dessert notes with time. Some people love the dessert side of fresh SC and some don't, you won't know unless you try it.

BGB will make just minute changes as it ages. The aro line according to the maker needs no steeping, and most agree. Your reaction and opinion BGB is likely to morph, but not the flavor.

JG Blend tastes pretty good fresh, but is a great steeper too. Couple weeks should be good.

For the GeJ ones, opinions differ, but I like them both immediately. I actually find that opinions vary so much person to person that steeping recommendations are just about useless. For every juice some say it's good to go while another says it needs months. Give it a try right away, as long as you don't vape it all in one session you'll get an idea of how it steeps for you. Or just pick a routine for all juices.. mixed to order juices usually benefit from a couple days and many from a couple weeks of age.

so......... all the jazz I said about waiting to steep before trying....? WELL. I've tried JG Blend and Smooth criminal >:D

1) talk about tastes being different. i LOVE the smooth criminal right now. You're definitely right about it being dessert-ish. I actually really really liked it apart from the slight chemical smell, but I'm leaving all my bottles uncapped for 24 hrs, so i'm sure that will solve it. definitely going into my rotation.

2) JG blend.. man.. I've been looking for a coffee vape that's half decent. popped the cap and the smell was very promising. dfinitely a nice tobacco smell with a good coffee to it. vaped about 1ml of it, and boy it's nice. All the coffee vapes I've tried always always tasted like burnt caramel popcorn but man... I've always used to start my day off with a cup of black coffee and marlboro lights. This is preeeeeetty damn good.

3) BGB: man. I don't know what to say. uncapped it and took a whiff. VERY very heavy, rich, earthy and I might be weird but i get a bit of fresh cut grass. NO idea where that came from. I've always been a mild NETs kinda guy, and this is a lot a lot heavier than I'm used to. Gonna make some dinner, grab a beer and muster some courage to vape it. PRAYING it's good.

EDIT: just say this from Jerms "None of Ahl's juice has noticable alcohol and the maker recommends not to leave the cap off for longer than 5 minutes, otherwise the juice becomes overly oxidized. GeJ contains no alcohol too."

You should've seen me sprint to my room to cap em all up. If jerms says so, it must be right! :D

Last edited:

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
so......... all the jazz I said about waiting to steep before trying....? WELL. I've tried JG Blend and Smooth criminal >:D

1) talk about tastes being different. i LOVE the smooth criminal right now. You're definitely right about it being dessert-ish. I actually really really liked it apart from the slight chemical smell, but I'm leaving all my bottles uncapped for 24 hrs, so i'm sure that will solve it. definitely going into my rotation.

2) JG blend.. man.. I've been looking for a coffee vape that's half decent. popped the cap and the smell was very promising. dfinitely a nice tobacco smell with a good coffee to it. vaped about 1ml of it, and boy it's nice. All the coffee vapes I've tried always always tasted like burnt caramel popcorn but man... I've always used to start my day off with a cup of black coffee and marlboro lights. This is preeeeeetty damn good.

3) BGB: man. I don't know what to say. uncapped it and took a whiff. VERY very heavy, rich, earthy and I might be weird but i get a bit of fresh cut grass. NO idea where that came from. I've always been a mild NETs kinda guy, and this is a lot a lot heavier than I'm used to. Gonna make some dinner, grab a beer and muster some courage to vape it. PRAYING it's good.

Take your epipe outside, sit on the back porch, and there are few better after dinner vapes than BGB. I actually go reverse on that kind of and do Maple Burley after brekfast with coffee until at least 11AM...but same thing kind of different twisted.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo

EDIT: just say this from Jerms "None of Ahl's juice has noticable alcohol and the maker recommends not to leave the cap off for longer than 5 minutes, otherwise the juice becomes overly oxidized. GeJ contains no alcohol too."

You should've seen me sprint to my room to cap em all up. If jerms says so, it must be right! :D

See, that's why it's a good idea to try them right away! Steeping suggestions are just suggestions, and everyone's different. It is nice to know how much a juice will change and how long it takes, but I need to find out for myself if I like something fresh.

Glad your enjoying them, Ahl does some magic with NETs. I too like the dessert-ish quality. I like it more when it's well steeped, but I get a big enough bottle to enjoy it at all stages. JG Blend is my favorite coffee-bacco by far. I love Ahl's coffee flavorings. Starts out good but gets much better with age for me.

About that last point, I still don't think it's all that hard on a juice to leave the cap off, was just repeating what Wlad's opinion is on that. I think it's more unnecessary than damaging for most juices. Like many others, I used to do a cap off for 48 hours for all juices and nothing got ruined by that. I just much prefer to keep it simple now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread