Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Yes, Jerms, they are the squeaky-clean ultra-lights of NETs. Very light in color, with no coil-gunking to speak of. They're also all midrange and treble, with hardly any bass notes at all. After my last post, I added some Managua to not-quite-full 6ml bottles of diy juice I had on hand made from La Gloria Cubana Cigar extract and 5 Vegas Cask Strength Cigar extract. Four parts of the MVJs to one part w2v Managua. The small percentage of Managua turned both juices from very pale gold to amber, but still transparent. Unlike Managua, which is an opaque liquid and a notorious coil-gunker, I'm guessing that these ad hoc Frankenjuices will retain much of their clean-vaporizing quality, not as good as the MVJ extracts/juices alone, but better than a typical macerated NET.

I like all the MVJ clean cigar extracts I have---six in all, with 5 Vegas Cask Strength eking out a win as my favorite---mixed alone as single-extract juices, but I can say without hesitation that the addition of a little Managua winter-weight motor oil to the two I mentioned above is making for a satisfying change in their flavor profile. Suddenly I've got a juice/music system with a subwoofer!

I still haven't set up my Rocket (cheap kayfun clone) and my Russian91 clone, which has been on a raft from China for six weeks now, hasn't arrived. From what I've read about all the Kayfun versions, however, I'll bet the MVJ cigar extracts/juices would be darned good in that JDS, especially with cotton wicks.

Do you, or anyone else out there, have any info as to how Diane is making these extracts? If she's still doing macerations, something very different was done in the filtering stage as her previous NETs where very dark. I have a feeling a different extraction technique was used.

It's interesting that you say they are all mid-range and treble. The My Heros were just about all bass, so a complete turn-around. I'll get a couple my next round of purchases. Not really huge on cigar NETs, but these sound interesting and worth a try. Producing clean NETs is getting more important to me, as several vendors are putting together great performing NETs. Sahara Blend from Ahl is going next into my Kayfun, I bet it could handle several tankfulls before gunking.

Blacks_n_Jacks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
MD, United States
How did u guys feel about apple cure from gej, it taste like an apple jolly rancher to me fresh from the mail, does this change with steeping?

The apple does decrease with time, or, I should say, the tobacco moves forward. I think after about a month? (a month always sounds right, lol)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
How did u guys feel about apple cure from gej, it taste like an apple jolly rancher to me fresh from the mail, does this change with steeping?

Yeah, while I did like that flavor eventually (at least a little bit), it never quite rang true to apple, at least a real apple. Still a decent liquid with a really nice punch (though mine was at 32 mg), but for apple and tobacco liquids, I felt that House of Liquid's Eden just about stole the whole apple + tobacco show. I look forward to finally having my own bottle of Apple Wild Wood, but it still ain't Eden.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Yeah, while I did like that flavor eventually (at least a little bit), it never quite rang true to apple, at least a real apple. Still a decent liquid with a really nice punch (though mine was at 32 mg), but for apple and tobacco liquids, I felt that House of Liquid's Eden just about stole the whole apple + tobacco show. I look forward to finally having my own bottle of Apple Wild Wood, but it still ain't Eden.

Haven't tried Apple Cured, though I'm sure I eventually will. Eden did nail it though, just solid, and Apple WW is up there for me too. We've talked about if before, but Ahl needs to add an apple-bacco to the aro line to steal the show.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I still have not tried NET.com

Ive been eying them and I think I am almost ready to order in a week or 2

right now I think I want to try Uncle BJ's BlackBerry Burley,Coconut Cavendish

and a sampler but got 4 picked and cant figure which needs to be eliminated
Chris' Blend, Gold, Black Cavendish or Coventry

I am guessing cold extraction is best for flav?

they suggest 70/30 is it much preferred over 50/50
for flav on RDA?

Also what's the steep time like and are they reverse steeper's at all?

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I still have not tried NET.com

Ive been eying them and I think I am almost ready to order in a week or 2

right now I think I want to try Uncle BJ's BlackBerry Burley,Coconut Cavendish

and a sampler but got 4 picked and cant figure which needs to be eliminated
Chris' Blend, Gold, Black Cavendish or Coventry

I am guessing cold extraction is best for flav?

they suggest 70/30 is it much preferred over 50/50
for flav on RDA?

Also what's the steep time like and are they reverse steeper's at all?

Chris' Blend and Coventry both have a heavy dose of black cav, so with both those plus Black Cav.. I'd say keep the Gold for sure and eliminate one of the others. I liked Cov over Chris' Blend, but I am fond of van-bacco. Chris' was solid just not quite for me. All I had was 70% VG and heat extracted, so unable to compare with other option.

The shelf life of all I had from NETcom was great, lasted several months with no loss of flavor. There may be a reverse steeper in the bunch, no idea. When I've ran into a reverse steeper it was one or two from a vendor, not the whole line. Fire cured tobaccos often lose their kick, but haven't heard that complaint yet about the fire cured from NETcom.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Chris' Blend and Coventry both have a heavy dose of black cav, so with both those plus Black Cav.. I'd say keep the Gold for sure and eliminate one of the others. I liked Cov over Chris' Blend, but I am fond of van-bacco. Chris' was solid just not quite for me. All I had was 70% VG and heat extracted, so unable to compare with other option.

The shelf life of all I had from NETcom was great, lasted several months with no loss of flavor. There may be a reverse steeper in the bunch, no idea. When I've ran into a reverse steeper it was one or two from a vendor, not the whole line. Fire cured tobaccos often lose their kick, but haven't heard that complaint yet about the fire cured from NETcom.

perfect Cov gold and Black Cav for sure

thanks on the shelf life just what I was looking for

I would love to hear anyone else have any info and heat verse cold comparison
from experience

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Haven't tried Apple Cured, though I'm sure I eventually will. Eden did nail it though, just solid, and Apple WW is up there for me too. We've talked about if before, but Ahl needs to add an apple-bacco to the aro line to steal the show.

Trust me, an Apple aro would be appleutely amazing. Okay, that was too corny---time for bed! LOL

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Oh yeah, and get that Rocket set-up Bill. Simple micro and cotton, I bet you could get it built, juiced, and ready to vape in under 10 minutes.

OK, Jerms, I surrender.

My Rocket Kayfun is now up and running, armed with a 1.5 ohm 30-gauge coil and Ekowool wick (yeah, I know, that's not as good as a 1.0 ohm 27-gauge microcoil and cotton, but it's enough for a first build), powered by a kicked mechanical mod (a Private V2 clone), filled with Apple Pie/Banyan Tree Frankenjuice.

Nice, flavorful vape, although I'm not in love with the proprietary metal drip tip or the fact that the darned thing weighs a ton.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
OK, Jerms, I surrender.

My Rocket Kayfun is now up and running, armed with a 1.5 ohm 30-gauge coil and Ekowool wick (yeah, I know, that's not as good as a 1.0 ohm 27-gauge microcoil and cotton, but it's enough for a first build), powered by a kicked mechanical mod (a Private V2 clone), filled with Apple Pie/Banyan Tree Frankenjuice.

Nice, flavorful vape, although I'm not in love with the proprietary metal drip tip or the fact that the darned thing weighs a ton.

No interchangable tip for the rocket.. that sucks. I'm getting away from metal tips; even though I have a ton of nice flashy stainless steel ones, the more I use ceramic and glass tips the more I notice a metal taste when using those SS ones.

The first build I did with my Kayfun was with XC-116.. basically Ekowool but made of ceramic. I had wicking issues with it, probably user error. I found the cotton to be much more forgiving for me, easy to set-up with no gurgle or dry-hits. I also liked the flavor of the cotton a lot more, but that's a personal preference thing of course. If you're getting great results with the Eko though, rock on.

I see you tried my latest TINO love Banyan Tree :) You did Frankenjuice it though, so I'm guessing I liked it more lol.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
No interchangable tip for the rocket.. that sucks. I'm getting away from metal tips; even though I have a ton of nice flashy stainless steel ones, the more I use ceramic and glass tips the more I notice a metal taste when using those SS ones.

The first build I did with my Kayfun was with XC-116.. basically Ekowool but made of ceramic. I had wicking issues with it, probably user error. I found the cotton to be much more forgiving for me, easy to set-up with no gurgle or dry-hits. I also liked the flavor of the cotton a lot more, but that's a personal preference thing of course. If you're getting great results with the Eko though, rock on.

Metal drip tips are too cold and hard for my liking. I'm basically a Delrin tip guy. The Russian91 clone I'm waiting on uses regular drip tips, so that'll be good---assuming that Swedish post ever delivers the damned thing (seven weeks and counting is ridiculous). I guess I won't order from VaporBreak anymore.

I like the taste provided by cotton wicks, but having 12 bottom-feeders with rebuildables and now the Kayfun, making new cotton wicks, even as quick-n-easy as that is, gets to be a never-ending daily ritual. Hemp twine is my middle ground compromise between EkoWool and cotton. Flavor almost as good as cotton but doesn't burn as easily. Never tried XC-116.

I'm getting some gurgling and juice-in-mouth if I pull too hard on the Rocket, so later today I'll swap out the wick it came with for a micro/cotton setup.

I see you tried my latest TINO love Banyan Tree :) You did Frankenjuice it though, so I'm guessing I liked it more lol.

Historically, I've tended to like the mystery TINO-bakery juices (AVE Boba's, NLV Bounty Hunter and GOLD in their day, GLV Deadly Sin, etc.) Banyan Tree is the most recent contender in that queue and my current infatuation. Yes, Banyan Tree is great by itself, but it's also a terrific mixer. I don't mix it because I don't love it. Quite the contrary---I mix it because it improves damn near everything. Then too, why should I buy Apple Banyan retail when I have lots of DIY apple variants (straight apple, dutch apple pie, apple cobbler, creamy apple, et al) already made and can Frankenblend my own?

I've even been adding Banyan Tree to some of my homemade NETs to make yummy hybrids. Nat Sherman Banyan is to die for.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Awesome, glad you dig Banyan Tree! I think fans of those TINOs you listed, and I know there's a few here, have a good chance of enjoying it. I forgot, you Franken to Franken, unlike me who Franken's when not happy (usually).

Bill, you're a researcher like me, I'm sure you've read about the Kayfun so I'll spare you from giving advice here, but I can say for certain that if you don't get to the point of vaping an entire tank bone dry without a single dry hit, gurgle, or leak, there's room for improvement. Check out the Kayfun Lite thread in the RA section here if you run into any issues. There's a lot of Kayfun threads, but I vouch for that one because Dusty, Bronze, I, and several other helpful folks are there.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
If you haven't noticed, ECF has been having database problems with "megathreads", threads with over 15,000 posts and will be closing these threads and starting again as #2. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../519375-megathreads-restarting-15k-posts.html

Looks like the OP (Luce) will want to start a new thread. In that link it said the new thread can be labeled pt 2 or something like that, or the name modified. So.. Natural Tobaccos # 2 or Natural Tobaccos part 2 or something like that.. or Natural/Extracted Tobaccos or Naturally Extracted Tobaccos?

It'll be up to Luce to pick what he wants or to take suggestions. My input would be Natural/Extracted Tobaccos or Naturally Extracted Tobaccos. Or even something like NET discussion or the Big NET Thread could be cool. Ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

Hey Luce, you reading?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Looks like the OP (Luce) will want to start a new thread. In that link it said the new thread can be labeled pt 2 or something like that, or the name modified. So.. Natural Tobaccos # 2 or Natural Tobaccos part 2 or something like that.. or Natural/Extracted Tobaccos or Naturally Extracted Tobaccos?

It'll be up to Luce to pick what he wants or to take suggestions. My input would be Natural/Extracted Tobaccos or Naturally Extracted Tobaccos. Or even something like NET discussion or the Big NET Thread could be cool. Ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

Hey Luce, you reading?

Luce is always on the prowl.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I think putting "extracted" as well as "NETs" in the thread title might help newer members. We'll be posting links back to this thread a lot I bet. Hell of a body of work in here as well as a good bit of nonsense!:)

I think so too. From what I know, NET or the word extraced wasn't in the title because... this thread invented the term! I think that's correct anyways, I don't think the term NET was used at all before this thread, even though that's what most vendors are calling them now. And NET came from.... Mann I think?

Now NET is common term in vaping everywhere. One of the reasons this is one of the best threads ever. It will be fun the tell rookies on the new thread.. you need to read the original Natural Tobacco thread lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread