Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
All this talk about them gets me curious then I realize I DGAF about rebuildables and everytime I get one it ends up in the trash. Including my eBarrons and the cheaper crap. I have a Nimbus that I don't know what I'm going to do with. It almost ended up in the trash yesterday while I was cleaning in preperation to move.

Don't know what it is, but I get excited about rba/RDAs until I get them in my hands. I work with tiny :censored: springs all day in cramped spaces (in firearms). The last .......ned thing I want to do in my free time is :censored: with a :censored: rba. In fact, I took mighty pleasure in shooting my Z-atty pro surrounded by 50lbs of Tannerite with a 50bmg out of a Barrett.

I don't know why the :censored: I keep buying that :censored:

Shatner, perhaps you do not notice this as you're typing your post, but most of your "...."'s are terms that the forum software is censoring out. I would hope that should be clue enough not to keep repeating them, and that I don't need to resort to something silly like a rule reminder or an infraction before you get it?!

Last edited:

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
How about we just get back on topic. I am totally open to a "rba for NET" thread but that is not what this forum is, is it. Seriously, it seems like once a week I gotta wade through 3 pages opf this crap. I am admittedly a little crotchety this morning, but still, I am kind of touchy about staying on topic.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
How about we just get back on topic. I am totally open to a "RBA for NET" thread but that is not what this forum is, is it. Seriously, it seems like once a week I gotta wade through 3 pages opf this crap. I am admittedly a little crotchety this morning, but still, I am kind of touchy about staying on topic.

Settle down Beavis, discussion has passed. Hardware and other off-topic posts come and go, but generally gets back to topic after a page or three; skip posts that don't pertain to you (that's what I do). Besides.. didn't you just recently bring up hardware questions about bottom coil clearos? ;) :D

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Settle down Beavis, discussion has passed. Hardware and other off-topic posts come and go, but generally gets back to topic after a page or three; skip posts that don't pertain to you (that's what I do). Besides.. didn't you just recently bring up hardware questions about bottom coil clearos? ;) :D

Hey! Can't a guy get any sleep around here?! :)

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
I made one comment. I ain't riled...but i will settle when I am darn good and ready and not a second sooner.

I will leave it at that or else I will get another completely garbage infraction of some sort I am sure.

So I traded for some Maple Burley since I still cant get into Ahlusion fro the West Coast before it closes (ugh!). I forgot how much I adore this stuff. I can tell it aint for everyone, but me...probably my #1 favorite liquid right now.

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
Hahaha, he said Beavis. Anyways.. good advice from Jerms and idk if my little ole opinion really counts for much BUT I think rba/rda is relevant because its a critical part of enjoying nets. How many of you attest to the fact that the subtle nuances are lost in other delivery devices? Lots. So yeah my two cents. Besides.. ask a question about rba in the forum and you invite the resident know it alls to come give their little schpeel about how you're an idiot and not nearly qualified enough to wind a wire around a nail. And they'll give a real long scientific answer to back themselves up. Of course, none of it will actually matter when it comes down to the nuts and bolts of it.. but that's ok. It's not like they're posting to actually help you, just to make themselves look smart and make someone else feel bad. I learned more about rda from the few posts in this thread that when I did when I was actively seeking out information on the forum. Just saying.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hahaha, he said Beavis. Anyways.. good advice from Jerms and idk if my little ole opinion really counts for much BUT I think rba/rda is relevant because its a critical part of enjoying nets. How many of you attest to the fact that the subtle nuances are lost in other delivery devices? Lots. So yeah my two cents. Besides.. ask a question about rba in the forum and you invite the resident know it alls to come give their little schpeel about how you're an idiot and not nearly qualified enough to wind a wire around a nail. And they'll give a real long scientific answer to back themselves up. Of course, none of it will actually matter when it comes down to the nuts and bolts of it.. but that's ok. It's not like they're posting to actually help you, just to make themselves look smart and make someone else feel bad. I learned more about rda from the few posts in this thread that when I did when I was actively seeking out information on the forum. Just saying.

Nothing more passionate than a gear geek talking about his gizmos as if their crap is the only thing that works. :D

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Well, I'm down to the last drops of my Apache and I don't like that. I ordered some Balkan from Clay the other day. Can't get here soon enough. In my world, Apache (almost) ='s Balkan. Come on Clay!!

I'm diggin Balkan, but don't think it'll pass Apache for me. Based on my memory of Apache, Balkan seems a little drier, which normally isn't a complaint for me but that little bit of smooth sweetness really brings Apache up for me. I want to try Bombay next from NETCOM, looks to be a little more complex than Balkan.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm diggin Balkan, but don't think it'll pass Apache for me. Based on my memory of Apache, Balkan seems a little drier, which normally isn't a complaint for me but that little bit of smooth sweetness really brings Apache up for me. I want to try Bombay next from NETCOM, looks to be a little more complex than Balkan.

They are very close to be sure. I enjoyed Balkan very much. I will say this, it wont be better than Apache. But it will be close enough for me. Agree, Apache might be a little less dry.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I have a Nembuis, but I don't know wt f to do with 3 posts.

Anyone want to trade my Nimbus ($65) for an equivalent 2 post RBA (dripper preferred)? Or any suggestions on what I should get as far as RDA, wire and wick? I'm assuming Ekowoll and 28G Kanthal, but I very well could be completely off base. Also, links would be MUCH appreciated!

I use a Nimbus regularly, but don't always use all three posts. Most of the time I use a single-coil setup, but I like that I have the option to dual-coil when mood strikes.

For drippers, I like 2mm hollow Ekowool. I also recommend Twik, which is Ekowool with an organic cotton core. For wire, I prefer flat ribbon. It's more expensive, but it's idiot-proof -- really, really difficult to get hot spots.

Is the Kayfun Lite a dripper? I don't want a tank.

The Kayfun is a bottom-coil silica atomizer. I'm not a fan of Genesis-style atomizers. For a juice delivery system with capacity, the Kayfun has been the best solution for what I enjoy.

BUT I think rba/rda is relevant because its a critical part of enjoying nets. How many of you attest to the fact that the subtle nuances are lost in other delivery devices? Lots. So yeah my two cents.

I completely agree with this. When I review NETs, I drip and use a clearomizer. When it's something really good, I feel like I'm wasting juice on the clearo.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Just thought I would post here since the last few times I posted I was asking about NET's. Since trying HHV NET juices that is pretty much all I vape now. I have tried most of the NET's mentioned with this thread and HHV blows them all away bit as we all know taste is subjectve. My favorites are Heavenly Army, Legend, Huntsman, Pirate's booty, and dark Horse. They all are a little similar to each other but also a little different. Wish I could find some other's I really like because I could use a bit of a charge every now and then.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Just thought I would post here since the last few times I posted I was asking about NET's. Since trying HHV NET juices that is pretty much all I vape now. I have tried most of the NET's mentioned with this thread and HHV blows them all away bit as we all know taste is subjectve. My favorites are Heavenly Army, Legend, Huntsman, Pirate's booty, and dark Horse. They all are a little similar to each other but also a little different. Wish I could find some other's I really like because I could use a bit of a charge every now and then.

You the two favorites of the ones I've tried, Huntsman and Legend, and your other 3 favs are the ones I plan for next order. Especially HA, since Jeff's all gaga about that one. Dark Horse I sampled briefly a long time ago and loved it, and PB sounds like it'll work for me. Especially hearing the batch they are on now has some tobacco oomph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread