Need 18650 recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
He was speaking of using it with a Nunchaku kit, more than plenty! Heads are about .4 ohms, vaping that at 40W should be enough.
nunchaku_coil_2.jpg

Reactions: stols001

Surfer369

Sep 1, 2018
Ok, so I received the batteries and the charger that was recommended.

I am really concerned, everywhere it says dangerous good, so not ever carry it in aircraft. When I opened there Warning cards which say not to use it with ecigs. Wtf?

It says 18650 but no LG Branding etc. I am seriously questioning why is that the vapes dont use regular AA or any other tried and tested batteries.
I put them in the charger but not sure how I will know it’s charged.

I know it’s really stupid questions. So I use it without sleeves there is nothing thatbcame witj uwell or the batteries expect for a strorage case.
I may from here on out just buy internal batteries.

Kindly put my mind to ease.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Ok, so I received the batteries and the charger that was recommended.

I am really concerned, everywhere it says dangerous good, so not ever carry it in aircraft. When I opened there Warning cards which say not to use it with ecigs. ...?

It says 18650 but no LG Branding etc. I am seriously questioning why is that the vapes dont use regular AA or any other tried and tested batteries.

I know it’s really stupid questions. So I use it without sleeves there is nothing thatbcame witj uwell or the batteries expect for a strorage case.

Kindly put my mind to ease.
The "do not use with e-cig" warning is just so the battery company is not legally liable if something goes wrong. These batteries were never really designed with e-cigs in mind so the company is just being careful.

The batteries never have clear company branding because they usually get put into battery packs and never actually seen.

Read the manual for the charger, or maybe the back of the box, it will explain how to read the charger's display.

AA batteries are nowhere near powerful enough for most of our modern vape gear. We would be going through tons of batteries a day and getting less performance.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I am really concerned, everywhere it says dangerous goods, so not ever carry it in aircraft. When I opened there Warning cards which say not to use it with ecigs. ...?
Please refer to this thread: Sony Warns: Using the Sony Li-ion battery in eCigarettes and Vape Pens is not advisable

It says 18650 but no LG Branding etc.
Lg batteries will not have a brand label on them, but they will have some tny printed information on them that state the manufacturer, model number, and size as seen below.

lg-hg2-18650-3000mah-he41865-li-ion-battery-rechargeable-battery-pthdigital-1509-09-PTHDigital@2.jpeg

They also may or may not come with a white sticker like below:

theshorelinemarket_2540_175978133

I am seriously questioning why is that the vapes dont use regular AA or any other tried and tested batteries.
AA and other alkaline chemisty batteries do not have enough electrical current to power vape mods. They are considered to be low drain batteries. Li-ion batteries are much more powerful and considered to be hi drain batteries. Li-ion batteries are the same chemistry battery found in mobile phones, i-pods, portable power tools, and electric cars.

Did the charger come with an owners manual? With the Efest LUC charger, the display will show when the battery reaches full charge at 4.2 volts.

efest-luc-2bay-charger2.png

Sleeves? Please explain.

Do not remove the (brown) protective plastic wrap or sleeve on the battery. Should that wrap develop a tear or hole anywhere, stop using the battery and replace the battery with a new battery. That protective wrap is extremely important.

Internal batteries have their own issues.

Please watch this video. Li-ion batteries can be dangerous if used improperly, but proper knowledge and practicing safe battery habits allow them to be used relatively safely. Respect the power, accept the risks.

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The battery has the white label same as your second pic, but I don’t see any lg anywhere.

The charger is every luc v4 and has 0.5A, 1.0A and 2.0A and I am charging at 1.0A and I can see the light indicators.
The battery shouldn't say LG anywhere. If it did I would assume it was fake.

With the luc series of chargers, your batteries are finished when the display reads 4.20v. There is also a battery icon showing charging progress.

I'm going to correct myself here, I guess they do list the battery ID code starting with LG. But these batteries do not put company logos on the battery anywhere, and that is what I was meaning when I said it won't say LG anywhere, no LG company logos.

Last edited:

Surfer369

Sep 1, 2018
has anyone bought from Liion wholesale batteries, I see them as trusted vendor, but was curious if anyone here has actually bought from them.

I am also, not seeing the performance from the LG HG2 as mentioned by other using them, I saw yesterday it went down from a fully charged to the last bar in under 4 hours, thats not normal is it?

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
has anyone bought from Liion wholesale batteries, I see them as trusted vendor, but was curious if anyone here has actually bought from them.

I am also, not seeing the performance from the LG HG2 as mentioned by other using them, I saw yesterday it went down from a fully charged to the last bar in under 4 hours, thats not normal is it?
Yes I’ve ordered from liion wholesale and it was a year or two ago but they are reputable. With a single cell mod like you’re using half a day is probably normal. That’s why many, including myself, use dual 18650 mods. Or single 21700 is better as well. Or both at the same time so I get two different flavors and more time between charges.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I'm looking into buying the Uwell Nunchaku 80w TC , I normally vape between 30 - 45 watts & I will be using the coils it comes with which is
0.25ohm rated 40--50W
0.4ohm rated 45--55W.
I already got a website to buy them @ IMR batteries. Just not sure which one I need
LG HG2 would be my first pick. Best mah rating. Samsung 25rs also good and even better than the sammys sony vtc5A (the A is important, vtc5's are not as good as vtc5A's).

• Useful

Dannielle.c92

Sep 21, 2018
Nevada
LG HG2 would be my first pick. Best mah rating. Samsung 25rs also good and even better than the sammys sony vtc5A (the A is important, vtc5's are not as good as vtc5A's).

I went to imr website and looked it up and in the specifications it says not protected , what does that mean? ?

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I went to imr website and looked it up and in the specifications it says not protected , what does that mean? ?
Some batteries, generally not the type used for vaping, have some sort of internal protection. I don't know the specifics, but they still pose risks if not used correctly. It's not an added feature that makes one batt better than another. Do not base your battery purchase on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread