Need help with my first big order

Status
Not open for further replies.

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
Thanks to all your suggestions, I have read quite some and have finally gotten around to figuring what my first big order should be! I think I have decided to stick to the ego battery type as there is a huge assortment of cartos tanks and atomizers that I could try over time to figure out what suits my use the best. Also I would be ordering for a friend too to save on shipping and hence need more batteries too. So here goes my list

1. 3x Batteries with passthrough in atleast 2 of them
2. 2x Tank atomizers
3. 1x Atomizer and drip tip for dripping so that I could try out different eliquids
4. Some Cartomizers, I dont know how many, but since so many people here recommend cartos, I'd like to try a few of them. Now I have no idea how long these things last, so I am hoping someone recommends the right quantity to buy. I am thinking of getting either those mega cartos for the ego or something like those clearomizers with large capacity. I am thinking a 2.0 ohm resistance would be good for me.
5. A pack of tanks for the tank system
6. 2x Cones for the cartos? would I need them?
7. Some kind of e-liquid sampler pack of a few 5ml flavors
8. A couple of 30ML tobacco flavored e liquid. Need some recommendations for this one too.
9. 2x button covers for the batts

I am not sure if I should be picking these up individually or should I be looking for starter kits. The options I have narrowed down to for the batteries / kits are:

1. The original Joyetech Ego

2. The Ugo at UGO Electronic Cigarette Kit | UGO E Cigarette Starter Kit | UGO Personal Vaporizer | UGO E Cig Starter Kits | UGO Electronic Cigarette Atomizers I really like this one as it has a battery indicator and a passthrough. Also Litecigusa has a huge discount on these as they are saying that the model is discontinued. The price is really cool, however I am concerned about them being discontinued. I searched around at ECF but didnt find any reviews of the kit or the batt.

3. The inferno at volcano ecigs The INFERNO Kit Electronic Cigarettes | ECig Atomizers This kit looks like it has the batteries and passthrough option, though again i couldnt find much info about how good or bad these are.

I'd appreciate it if someone can point out the best store to get all of these together.

Wow I know this is a loong post to read but I'd appreciate all the help I can get :)

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
Somebody is sure to wander in and tell you the best deals on starter kits...(I'll go look for you, but many here are better at that than I am.)
I would stick with the "e-liquid sampler pack of a few 5ml flavors." 30mls of a juice you hate is a lot.
As for the cartos and attys...I would only order small quantities on these also. When you find your sweet spot, stock up.
I used cartos on my eGo without the cones...it just changes the appearance, no function.
Never needed to replace a button cover...could probably hold off on that.

Other than that...take the plunge! And welcome to ECF and the wonderful world of vaping!

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...personally, I am not a big fan of the tanks since, while some do really like them, they tend to be a bit on the fiddly side to get running properly, have a reported tendency to leak and mute flavor/throat hit/vapor...most of these problems can be addressed if you don't mind fiddling with them...liberty-flights.com has Riva510 lite kits for 30bux if you hit the 20% discount button on the top left of home page first...these kits include 2 atomizers and carts...the carts are a bit of a PITA since they don't hold a lot of juice...when I started vaping(3 of us in house) I ordered 4 of these kits to cover bases on spares...I would recommend you also goto Crystal Clear Vaping and pick up a bundle(15) of Boge2.0LR cartos...he includes 2 drip tips, handy as mouth pieces for the cartos or for direct dripping on the attys, a syringe for filling, very handy for first fill of a carto and free shipping...not to mention, he guarantees it all...juices...Liberty Flights has a range of mid-quality juices you could try, CCV has good but limited selection of all VG based juices, I like his RY4 and Black & Mild...I get most of my juices from BlueMist Vaping Supplies ...I really like their Vanilla and Caramel Tobacco juices and mix them for my all day vape...they have good sampler deals as well on 250+flavs...good luck and happy vaping........
madjack:2cool:

p.s. cartos should last 4days to a week depending on juice type and quantity vaped.............mj

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
Have you come across Health Cabin? Prices looks really competitive. Only thing is they ship from china so it might take longer. Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail--

Yes I have, infact I had asked them if they would deliver to India and they just replied to my thread saying yes. Also I see that they are one of the trusted vendors here so I will probably look at them for some components. I was kinda hoping I could get the whole loot from one store and save on shipping though.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...lifespan of carto...they will start getting tight on the draw and eventually, the taste will get off as well...I get around 30ml of juice(about a week) thru one before I swap them out...thicker juices like VG based ones and darker/sweeter juices will clog them up faster...they can be cleaned and I usually do once...after that, the law of diminishing returns pops up and since they only cost around a buck and half(or less), it doens't make sense to keep them after that...the Boges hold 1ml of juice and the XL Resurrectors he sells hold near 2ml...your time too refill will depend on how much you vape........

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
By that do you mean lasts between refills or do you mean thats the lifespan of a carto and I need to throw them away in a week?

madjack means the life of the carto. I've had some last me weeks on end before I threw then out. I kept refilling them until the draw got hard. Some juices clog both cartomizers and atomizers while other juices don't.

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
...compared to the 10bux/day I was spending on ciggies, 1.50 wk is just fine wth me...attys will last from a day to months and should last longer than a carto(more expensive per unit as well)...there are pluses an minuses to each one........

Yep, agree with that, my discomfort is however about having to depend on a consumable that I have to import from half way across the globe. The customs office in India coupled with Indian post can be highly unreliable and loose shipments, even though I live in one of the biggest cities. I'd hate to have switched to e-cigs and then resort to smoking analogs just cuz the damn customs office took to long to clear my shipment.

darco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
India
Thanks for all the great suggestions people, I have finally placed my first big order with Healthcabin as they seem to have experience with sending goods successfully to India. I decided to stick to the ego type models as they seem to be picking up a lot of momentum and have the most amount of options when it comes to cartos, attys, tanks etc. Not only do they have the 510 threads so they are compatible with the popular 510 accessories, they have specific cartos and tanks that fit only with the ego model.

I have been worried about shipping / customs etc so I wanted to buy all the stuff from one store that could assure me that they deliver to where I stay, and landed up picking nearly all accessories I could find at HC for the Egos. Since the kits were only available in white, I decided to just pick up the components individually. I also decided to go with genuine Joyetech products as a lot of people have recommended those over the clones.

So here is what I bought:

1x Joyetech eGo T Passthrough 650 mAh - Stainless steel (for a compact sized unit)
1x Joyetech eGo T Passthrough 1000mAh - Stainless steel (for extra life on days that I am out an about )
1x Joyetech eGo-T(Tank) Atomizer - Type B (Normal resistance)
1x Joyetech eGo-T(Tank) Atomizer - Type B (Low resistance)
10x Type B JOYE eGo-T Empty Cartridges - 2ml Capacity to go with the above attys
1x Joye eGo Atomizer (Low resistance) - The non tank type atomizer, for dripping and trying different liquids
1x eGo Black Delrin Drip Tip - Type B (to go with the above atty)
1x 5pc eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer Resistance - 1.5±0.2Ω - Stainless steel finish (These seem to be similar to the Smoktech mega cartos and I have a feeling I am going to like these the most of the lot)
1x 5pc Boge 510D Cartomizer - Flavor - Ruyan4#(RY4) Strength - 18mg (I had to get try these as they come highly recommended)
1x Joyetech eGo atomizer/battery Cone Cover

Along with some overflow prevention caps, battery protect covers and chargers. I also got a large assortment of eliquids in 10ml bottles with varying strengths so I could figure out what suits me. RY4 seems to be really popular around here so I got them in the prefilled cartos.

So what do you think? Did I buy too much stuff for my first order? or is there no such thing?! :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi darco.
LOL a vaper can NEVER buy too much stuff :D
The order looks good but a common problem when first starting to vape is a failure of cartomizers either through DOA or not filling them properly the first time. You may want to order an extra pack. Cartos are a great delivery system but with the Megas the first fill is VERY important. If not done right they will either get a burnt taste or fail prematurely. I like the Boges and also the RY$ Juice.
eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer Resistance - 1.5±0.2Ω
Boges are great but I use the SmokTech Mega DC 1.5 and love them BUT realize the battery info below:
on dual coil carto 100 mah= 1/2 hour vaping
on single coil carto 100 mah= 1 hour vaping.
Also recharge your batts when they are at 25%- they will last longer.
Good Luck and Happy Vaping, Vapoor.

Thanks for all the great suggestions people, I have finally placed my first big order with Healthcabin as they seem to have experience with sending goods successfully to India. I decided to stick to the ego type models as they seem to be picking up a lot of momentum and have the most amount of options when it comes to cartos, attys, tanks etc. Not only do they have the 510 threads so they are compatible with the popular 510 accessories, they have specific cartos and tanks that fit only with the ego model.

I have been worried about shipping / customs etc so I wanted to buy all the stuff from one store that could assure me that they deliver to where I stay, and landed up picking nearly all accessories I could find at HC for the Egos. Since the kits were only available in white, I decided to just pick up the components individually. I also decided to go with genuine Joyetech products as a lot of people have recommended those over the clones.

1x Joyetech eGo T Passthrough 650 mAh - Stainless steel (for a compact sized unit)
1x Joyetech eGo T Passthrough 1000mAh - Stainless steel (for extra life on days that I am out an about )
10x Type B JOYE eGo-T Empty Cartridges - 2ml Capacity to go with the above attys
1x Joye eGo Atomizer (Low resistance) - The non tank type atomizer, for dripping and trying different liquids
1x 5pc eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer Resistance - 1.5±0.2Ω - Stainless steel finish (These seem to be similar to the Smoktech mega cartos and I have a feeling I am going to like these the most of the lot)
1x 5pc Boge 510D Cartomizer - Flavor - Ruyan4#(RY4) Strength - 18mg (I had to get try these as they come highly recommended)

Along with some overflow prevention caps, battery protect covers and chargers. I also got a large assortment of eliquids in 10ml bottles with varying strengths so I could figure out what suits me. RY4 seems to be really popular around here so I got them in the prefilled cartos.

So what do you think? Did I buy too much stuff for my first order? or is there no such thing?! :)

Last edited:

nqabassist26

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
SoCal

There's no such thing as too big of an order :cool:

Looks like you got yourself a nice set up and one of the best ways to start (with an ego). Cheers from the USA, and happy vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread