Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Just recieved my mini w/ the extension. I can't get it to fire. First I tried an 18350 Trustfire protected batt., then an Efest IMR 18350. Neither worked. I then put the extension on and put in a AW IMR 18490, no go. I then tried adding a washer, then a second washer, no go. I know my carto is good, but tried another, still no go. I used my dig. mm on the connector end, and it's not showing any voltage there when pressing the button. I'm lost, and I must be missing something. So any ideas on what to do? Thanks.

Oh yeah, with the TF batt in, the top doesn't screw all the way down. There is about a 1/16" gap.

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Ok, think I got it figured out. Want to thank eikon for a video link. First of all, the delrin spacer came installed upside down, was wondering why it was made with nothing to hold the spring in place, kept dropping the darn thing, lol. So, turned that over and installed a couple washers under the head of the screw and got it to work good with the 18490. Apparently for the 18350 to work you need flat top batts if you are going to use protected batts, as the button top are too long and the top cap won't screw on all the way, this is w/o washers under the screw head. Is this about right as far as the 18350's are concerned?
I'm used to 1.7Ω cartos on my 3.7's, but boy, this hits way to hard for me on a 1.7Ω, so I'm gonna have to try maybe a 2.5Ω as 3Ω is a little to tame.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
So, now I've got it working with my 18350, and 18490 IMR's. My big problem now, is finding the carto with a proper resistance, and a liquid with the proper nic strength to use on it. As I said, this thing hits harder than what I'm used to for a 3.7v, so I've got to adjust for it. The 18490 hits harder than the 18350, so that's another variable. I'm setting up a 2Ω carto w/ a liquid with 12mg nic strength to try on the 18350 batt. If that's works for me, I'll have to adjust from that for something to use with an 18490 batt. Aye yi yi. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread