• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Need help with supplies for Vision Eternity RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Hi folks! I recently picked up the Vision Eternity rba - I really like it in dripping mode for flavour, TH, and vapour production! Now, when I got it, the wick and coil was set up, ready to load and go...which I did! After almost a week, that coil bit the dust and I was ready to rebuild...next wick and coil went in and vaped like a champ! Eventually, that coil died....now, all that I have left (it seems) are HR coils...I tried both the last two coils that came in the kit and they read 4.5 and 4.6....yuck!!!!:blink:

So, my question is, if I were going to order coil and wick to rebuild, what exactly am I looking for? Is it silicia wick and what is the wire that I need called? If I were going to order from ebay, what should I look for? :unsure: Help!! I actually have a couple of different rebuildables but have no idea what supplies I need, lol. I generally prefer LR atties so guide me please!:p

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Hi folks! I recently picked up the Vision Eternity RBA - I really like it in dripping mode for flavour, TH, and vapour production! Now, when I got it, the wick and coil was set up, ready to load and go...which I did! After almost a week, that coil bit the dust and I was ready to rebuild...next wick and coil went in and vaped like a champ! Eventually, that coil died....now, all that I have left (it seems) are HR coils...I tried both the last two coils that came in the kit and they read 4.5 and 4.6....yuck!!!!:blink:

So, my question is, if I were going to order coil and wick to rebuild, what exactly am I looking for? Is it silicia wick and what is the wire that I need called? If I were going to order from ebay, what should I look for? :unsure: Help!! I actually have a couple of different rebuildables but have no idea what supplies I need, lol. I generally prefer LR atties so guide me please!:p

You know that you can un-wrap one or two of those coils and it will drop your resistance right? That's for the two that you have..

I sourced out my wick and coil from out of country, but I've seen a couple of our vendors carrying Silica wick (in different thicknesses), Kanthal resistance wire and also Pre-made coils/wick combos.

Personally I prefer stainless mesh and genesis style RBA's but what you will be looking for is maybe a 1, 2 or 3 mm Silica wick and 32 gauge Kanthal A-1 resistance wire.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada

I also have the Vision RBA, and enjoy the experience and ease of use. The manufacturers oem is silica wick, with a resistance of 1.9 to 2.1 ohm's (4-5 wraps using Kanthal 32gauge). You can certainly use cotton instead, but since you can't see the wick and the amount of ejuice, I would suggest keeping it silica since cotton requires constant ejuice to avoid burning it.

Luckily I purchased my vision rba at HC, and also purchased the pre-assembled extra coils/wicks.
5pc Coil Assembly for Vision Eternity Atomizer [Vision-2] - $6.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Might be worth it if your looking at other items.

With regards to do-it-yourself, I agree with Dusty on the Kanthal A-1 wire, which can be purchased at many Canadian vendors (canvape,jrcustomturning,etc..)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Juggies has the stuff too. I got mine from somewhere else before I saw that he has'em on his site. I'm gonna check this rba out. I haven't seen the Eternity yet....

Personally, I'd look at the Phoenix XL at this time in the game. It's bigger, and after having configured my Phoenix mini with a mesh wick, I know that option is possible too. ;)

Needless to say, I have one coming along with an AGA-T v2.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
You know that you can un-wrap one or two of those coils and it will drop your resistance right? That's for the two that you have..

Haha...didn't know this. For some reason I thought that the more coils you had, the lower the resistance....but now that I say it, it doesn't make sense..DUH!! Just rewrapped the coil and got it to 1.9....that's much better!!!

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Personally, I'd look at the Phoenix XL at this time in the game. It's bigger, and after having configured my Phoenix mini with a mesh wick, I know that option is possible too. ;)

Needless to say, I have one coming along with an AGA-T v2.

I have one that uses the mesh coil that extends down into the tank but have no idea how to fill it or operate it....when I put it on my eVic to check the atomizer it didn't detect it so something is off. I'm going to have to find a video on it.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I have one that uses the mesh coil that extends down into the tank but have no idea how to fill it or operate it....when I put it on my eVic to check the atomizer it didn't detect it so something is off. I'm going to have to find a video on it.

Which one is it? If the eVic did not detect it, the centre post on the eVic may be pushed down and not making contact with the tank. If there's an error (i.e a short or low ohms), you should see an error, not a "no detection"! Pry the centre post up a bit and see if it makes contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread