Status
Not open for further replies.

KEn Nicklowicz

Feb 3, 2018
If I made a mistake, kindly advise so I can correct. I know some forums have special formatting on the title and such so apologies in advance if i did that wrong. I have 2 flavors I got from VapersTek and unlike the printing on all other orders which usually have abbreviations to tell who makes them, these simply do not have who makes them and I couldn't find the recommended starting percentages with them.

1st: Purple BubbleGum Concentrate (Inawera) << maybe the maker?
2nd: tobacco Taboo (wera Garden)

I did a simple batch @ 50/50 and used 2% on the purple bubbleGum and it seems ok but if the starting is like others around 5% then I could make the mix stronger, but is vaping good @ this percent and would hate to add if this is the sweet spot.

Each one mentioned here I did a separate batch with just the individual flavor as suggested and taught to me by DIY or DIE. {you-tube shout-out pending}

The 2nd one I did (think @ 3%) and it tasted bad. I am not sure if it's just the flavor or if this tobacco needs to be accompanied by something else (like menthol) but base testing I was not at all impressed! If anyone has the starting percentages for these, or have mixed with VapersTek Flavorings and have information or feedback that could be useful kindly share

Also if need be I can upload pictures of the individual bottles

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know those flavors, but it's going to be fairly easy to figure out if you have "gone too high" for the flavor you like now by adding more and steeping it. Although grape may not require much steeping. If you overdo it, you should be able to remedy your mix by adding the same ratio of your other ingredients to amend it. There's a certain amount of this with DIY whether you "know" a "recommended" "starting point" or not, as everyone's taste is individual, you may have just happened into what "you" like, or you might like it more slightly stronger. And without much steeping, it may intensify or weaken, again depending on the flavor (usually they get stronger).

With your second flavor, tobacco flavors usually DO require steeping time, of at LEAST a week (or so I hear, I don't much like or vape tobacco flavors). Some, on their own, tend to be somewhat anemic over the long haul without other flavors to round them out. Regardless of flavor maker, you might get some good general suggestions of what folks enjoy combing with tobacco, but it can often be stronger flavors such as vanillas, cherry, or sometimes honeys or caramels. Everyone is a bit different, but some decent pre-tried and tested recipes may help you there, to give you a starting point, nuts such as hazelnut seem somewhat popular as well.. There are several good threads and many recipes to be found on the DIY forum so you may want to check around and get some ideas of what may work for you. Prepare for some steeping time as well, recipes with tobacco tend to need a bit more time to fully mature.

Sorry to not have a "recommended" flavor percentage, I rarely find that I USE the "recommended by the manufacturer's starting point" for the most part, in any case, so you don't necessarily NEED one, 3--5% seems pretty reasonable for a strong flavor like grape, but you may find you improve its complexity by adding other, smaller amounts of other flavors, be they berry, something to sweeten a bit if needed or just round it out like merengue or marshmallow that will add both depth and sweetness, but if you are enjoying your grape I'd say use that as you start to experiment with other mixes/percentages. If you keep careful notes, later dilution, additions, etc., aren't supremely hard to manage.

It does get easier with practice. Glad you have a flavor you are enjoying.

Anna

Reactions: NatashaTMT

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have many grapes and their percentages and steeps vary wildly from brand to brand. Flavors are cheap. Do 10ml sample with no nic at various percentages. I have one grape that is in your face at 3% for a good snv and another at 14% that needs a couple of weeks. I just mix a few sample and add ni to the ones that I like and put the rest in a dump bottle. ELR recipes has a good library of flavors with suggested mixing and single % listed with notes.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

KEn Nicklowicz

Feb 3, 2018
I have many grapes and their percentages and steeps vary wildly from brand to brand. Flavors are cheap. Do 10ml sample with no nic at various percentages. I have one grape that is in your face at 3% for a good snv and another at 14% that needs a couple of weeks. I just mix a few sample and add ni to the ones that I like and put the rest in a dump bottle. ELR recipes has a good library of flavors with suggested mixing and single % listed with notes.

Likewise I have been mixing for a year and WOW this is some good info (thanks both prompt replies)

Edit: Forgot to mention, I use the EJuiceMeUp calculator save each recipe and append VER1... VER2 so forth to the changes so I can go back if need be, and keep the notes with each new recipe

Last edited:

KEn Nicklowicz

Feb 3, 2018
I don't know those flavors, but it's going to be fairly easy to figure out if you have "gone too high" for the flavor you like now by adding more and steeping it. Although grape may not require much steeping. If you overdo it, you should be able to remedy your mix by adding the same ratio of your other ingredients to amend it. There's a certain amount of this with DIY whether you "know" a "recommended" "starting point" or not, as everyone's taste is individual, you may have just happened into what "you" like, or you might like it more slightly stronger. And without much steeping, it may intensify or weaken, again depending on the flavor (usually they get stronger).

With your second flavor, tobacco flavors usually DO require steeping time, of at LEAST a week (or so I hear, I don't much like or vape tobacco flavors). Some, on their own, tend to be somewhat anemic over the long haul without other flavors to round them out. Regardless of flavor maker, you might get some good general suggestions of what folks enjoy combing with tobacco, but it can often be stronger flavors such as vanillas, cherry, or sometimes honeys or caramels. Everyone is a bit different, but some decent pre-tried and tested recipes may help you there, to give you a starting point, nuts such as hazelnut seem somewhat popular as well.. There are several good threads and many recipes to be found on the DIY forum so you may want to check around and get some ideas of what may work for you. Prepare for some steeping time as well, recipes with tobacco tend to need a bit more time to fully mature.

Sorry to not have a "recommended" flavor percentage, I rarely find that I USE the "recommended by the manufacturer's starting point" for the most part, in any case, so you don't necessarily NEED one, 3--5% seems pretty reasonable for a strong flavor like grape, but you may find you improve its complexity by adding other, smaller amounts of other flavors, be they berry, something to sweeten a bit if needed or just round it out like merengue or marshmallow that will add both depth and sweetness, but if you are enjoying your grape I'd say use that as you start to experiment with other mixes/percentages. If you keep careful notes, later dilution, additions, etc., aren't supremely hard to manage.

It does get easier with practice. Glad you have a flavor you are enjoying.

Anna

You mention you can add all the other ingredients minus the flavor to fix over flavor, does this include the nicotine? I never knew this!! I have dumped so many mixes when I started out because I wasn't sure this could be done. I have been experimenting with different things and have been having more fun making different concoctions as a kid in a candy store.. So really appreciate this info.. I was taugh (I watched several DIY or DIE videos and such to get better, and my issue was getting them closer to store bought and know i am missing sweetner, but all these tips can make my mixes better. I am planning on uploading some of the videos (can share a link if that is allowed) and would really appreciate you and others giving feedback as to things to make the overall process best

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can add nic if you want to be ultra-precise, such precision may or may not be warranted depending on your mix's overall size. Usually "taster" size versions of a mix of 10 or 15 ml won't need it though, although you still CAN, depending on your level of precision desired and/or OCD.

Either way, though, no you shouldn't need to dump all out and start all over....

Anna

Reactions: NatashaTMT

KEn Nicklowicz

Feb 3, 2018
I wouldn't add more nic. Just adding a couple of ml base to a mix won't make much difference in your nic. Just mix up 30-60 ml of your base, vg/pg, to keep on hand for diluting.

ok not a bad idea, but what does this do to the end nicotine? say my end result was 12MG, how would you know what the final nic percentage is with this correction?

Reactions: Letitia

KEn Nicklowicz

Feb 3, 2018
You can add nic if you want to be ultra-precise, such precision may or may not be warranted depending on your mix's overall size. Usually "taster" size versions of a mix of 10 or 15 ml won't need it though, although you still CAN, depending on your level of precision desired and/or OCD.

Either way, though, no you shouldn't need to dump all out and start all over....

Anna
ok that makes sense. I have had situations (usually 30-40ML) where i didnt know this was possible, thought the flavor percentage was correct, was over and i dumped it. OMG you saved me alot of money and that alone was worth me joining this forum!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
ok that makes sense. I have had situations (usually 30-40ML) where i didnt know this was possible, thought the flavor percentage was correct, was over and i dumped it. OMG you saved me alot of money and that alone was worth me joining this forum!
I never mix singles or a new recipe more than 15ml. If I think I'll like a new mix I make up two 15ml bottles of it and not vape on one for 6 weeks. Have learned most of my orange blends are near perfection with a 6-8 week steep. Lemons are very muted after a longer steep. My FW natural mango is pretty good after a week, but after a month steep adds an off note of green to the mix. You get the idea.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well I'm glad that helped. :)

My kiddo's a little OCD around cleanliness. I have listened with much patience to his "cleaning processes," and even let him clean things of mine that he felt would be "beneficial to me." I finally asked him, diffidently, "Kid, do you think you might have a little OCD about cleanliness?"
"Oh... I DEFINITELY do, Mom. It's...."
"Well, you can "address" it if you want.... Just keep that in mind though, when selecting a mate, so you don't drive each other nuts.... that way at least."
"Good point."

LOL.

Anna

KEn Nicklowicz

Feb 3, 2018
Well I'm glad that helped. :)

My kiddo's a little OCD around cleanliness. I have listened with much patience to his "cleaning processes," and even let him clean things of mine that he felt would be "beneficial to me." I finally asked him, diffidently, "Kid, do you think you might have a little OCD about cleanliness?"
"Oh... I DEFINITELY do, Mom. It's...."
"Well, you can "address" it if you want.... Just keep that in mind though, when selecting a mate, so you don't drive each other nuts.... that way at least."
"Good point."

LOL.

Anna
LOL so true, That is a good way to define it, and that was funny story that made my day :)

• Love

KEn Nicklowicz

Feb 3, 2018
I never mix singles or a new recipe more than 15ml. If I think I'll like a new mix I make up two 15ml bottles of it and not vape on one for 6 weeks. Have learned most of my orange blends are near perfection with a 6-8 week steep. Lemons are very muted after a longer steep. My FW natural mango is pretty good after a week, but after a month steep adds an off note of green to the mix. You get the idea.

Yes and I knew of steeping, but have been told and has been said by many that it doesn't make that big of difference as once you mix, the outcome is almost what the steep product is going to wind up (give or take) as has been my findings. It seems certain blends to seem stronger or in some cases weak and then they get almost un-vapable.. but overall taste in terms of what the flavor will be when mixed super high speed with a drill (you all will have to see the tool I made for this) is almost determinable after mixing... I was curious how changing with the calculator on the nic is done

Example we want 12MG... we make 40ML.. then we do the caculations and find out instead of 2% flavor we went and did say... 6.... how would you edit it to "fix it"

If I am reading all this correctly... a fix would be redo the calculations for the flavor in error by doubling the pg and vg from the original calculations thus diluting the entire mixture... I would think if I doubled the nic as well and skipped adding the flavor then it does make sense that the calculations would all still be correct in terms of the final nic strength and actually give more then the 40mg we used in the example, end result with a lower amount of the flavor in error

am i getting this, or is this wrong? as you can tell this is why after vaping on it for a few days when over, I would toss lOlZ

EDIT: Removed this part as I went off topic, and might have been taken wrong by some males

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yes and I knew of steeping, but have been told and has been said by many that it doesn't make that big of difference as once you mix, the outcome is almost what the steep product is going to wind up (give or take) as has been my findings. It seems certain blends to seem stronger or in some cases weak and then they get almost un-vapable.. but overall taste in terms of what the flavor will be when mixed super high speed with a drill (you all will have to see the tool I made for this) is almost determinable after mixing... I was curious how changing with the calculator on the nic is done

Example we want 12MG... we make 40ML.. then we do the caculations and find out instead of 2% flavor we went and did say... 6.... how would you edit it to "fix it"

If I am reading all this correctly... a fix would be redo the calculations for the flavor in error by doubling the pg and vg from the original calculations thus diluting the entire mixture... I would think if I doubled the nic as well and skipped adding the flavor then it does make sense that the calculations would all still be correct in terms of the final nic strength and actually give more then the 40mg we used in the example, end result with a lower amount of the flavor in error

am i getting this, or is this wrong? as you can tell this is why after vaping on it for a few days when over, I would toss lOlZ
If just adding flavors and no base the difference in nic % is negligible. As I said adding a total of just ml or two of anything will not affect your nic enough to notice. Put a recipe in your calculator with added flavor % for 12mg nic and compare the numbers of nic called for, the difference in ml will be very small.

• Useful

KEn Nicklowicz

Feb 3, 2018
If just adding flavors and no base the difference in nic % is negligible. As I said adding a total of just ml or two of anything will not affect your nic enough to notice. Put a recipe in your calculator with added flavor % for 12mg nic and compare the numbers of nic called for, the difference in ml will be very small.

I just tried it, LIFE SAVER.. THANK YOU so much

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
If I use your example; I have 3 time the total amount of flavoring I desire, so I need to triple my overall volume. 40mL times 3 equals 120mL. That means I would need to add 80mL of unflavored base.

If I add unflavored base, that has no nic, I am going to be diluting my nicotine by two thirds as well.
What started out as 12mg.mL; is going to be reduced to 4mg/mL. If I add a base that includes the same nicotine (12mg/mL in this case); then my my nicotine content will remain unchanged.

As a side note; you may want to explore your calculator (eJuiceMeUp; I think you mentioned), or check the Help file(s). If I recall correctly, it has similar features to the one I use... JuiceCalculator (aka: JC) (created by our very own @HotRod19579; link for calculator).

JC offers a handful of what it refers to as "simple calculators." These are useful for tweaking recipes, and blending premade e-liquids, to attain various results (e.g. adjusting flavor, nic, and PG/VG ratios). In JC; it looks like this:
upload_2018-2-5_23-9-32.png

I can use the simple calculator, at the top of the list, to solve your example problem. Here's the result:
upload_2018-2-5_23-16-4.png

It has been several years since I used ejuiceMeUp; but I think(?), it offers similar secondary calculators. :D

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
1st: Purple BubbleGum Concentrate (Inawera) << maybe the maker?
2nd: Tobacco Taboo (wera Garden)
Don't know if this has been answered. If so, just ignore me. Inawera is the main brand (Polish). They have different groups of flavorings within the main. Wera Garden is one. They also have a Shisha line, Tino D'Milano, and a couple offshoots like Yummy Classic.

Taboo is very strong (and it looks to be discontinued?) as is most of the Wera Garden Line. This is the big thread, you can search within that thread for percentages. I'm guessing 1% or less.
Inawera- a few reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread