Need some advice for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

outflying1

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Houston, TX
I have a friend who smokes Salem Slim Lights, 1 pack a day and she's interested in trying the vapor4life but she's confused on which flavor to get and what strength. Also because she smokes the slim, I think the 100's I was going to tell her to get the Reg or XL batts...Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh, also another friend of hers bought the njoy any comment on that?

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Can't comment on the flavor, being Canadian, our cigarettes taste completely different than yours BUT, I used to smoke B&H 100's and their regular length battery with the cartomizer on it is still a bit too long to slide into a pack of cigarettes. (Not that I'm smoking them, but they live right beside my computer desk, looking forward to pitching them in the trash at the 1 year mark!)

I was considering getting the XL battery too, just because I liked the look of them, but I noticed that the XL doesn't fit in a lot of the currently available accessories, like the PCC and the carrying cases.

Hope this helps!!

outflying1

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Houston, TX
How many cigarettes does she typically smoke per day? I'd suggest Cool for a flavor, but need more info for strength.

I always suggest XL batteries because I'm obsessed with them. Regular size would be closer though.

Hey Val, thanks by the way, I got your email earlier. She smokes 1 pack a day of Salem Slim Lights 100's from my google search... if I did it right, they contain .77mg of nicotine for each cigarette x 20= 15.4mg???? So I told her at least 11mg maybe try the 18mg? Am I doing that right?
I really want her to try the vapor4life and she's talking about her friend ordering an NJoy, any advice I can give her on the that subject?

kdcaines

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Manchester, NH
outflying, I used to smoke that same brand, about 1 and a half packs a day.
I would suggest the Smilin' special menthol or a sample pack of the menthols to start. I use 11mg strength, it seems to work for me. Keep in mind everyone is different so she may need something higher or lower. but I find 11 or 18 is a good starting point. As far as battery, you can't beat the XL's for long lasting and great performance. Good luck!:D

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    I have a friend who smokes Salem Slim Lights, 1 pack a day and she's interested in trying the vapor4life but she's confused on which flavor to get and what strength. Also because she smokes the slim, I think the 100's I was going to tell her to get the Reg or XL batts...Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh, also another friend of hers bought the Njoy any comment on that?

I used to smoke Salem slim ultra light menthols and Misty Menthol 120's. The auto regular size batt is what I started with and i tried the menthol sampler. At this point I would say the closest I have found to what my 'cigs' used to taste like is 1st Cowboy 18mg or 11mg, and Smilin 18mg or 11mg. Probably best for her to try the sampler in both strengths. Hope this helps.

Mark37643

ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2010
    Tennessee
    It's funny. I always smoked menthol before. I absolutely despised regular cigarettes and considered them a waste of time. Now, I really don't prefer any menthol variety. I absolutely LOVE almost all tobacco flavors. It's freaky wierd. Mint is my favorite 'menthol' flavor because it seems to give the best hit for me, but I don't find myself using it much. I just got some mint juice so I may add a drop or two to my fav cowboy/kamel/dunhall cart...hmmm :) Actually, I think Greensmoke brand turned me against menthol cuz I was biting my nails waiting on greensmoke menthol carts to come in the mail, and when I tried them, I threw up a little in the back of my mouth. Ugh, Greensmoke tastes like crap, and I think I know why. Someone said they think they get so much vapor cuz there is very little flavoring, and they are all PG. I believe it. I was having the dehydration and odd occasional shortness of breath with Greensmoke. I have no trouble whatsoever with Vapor4life stuff :D Thank goodness :D

I love the xl batteries cuz one will last me all day at work. I don't need a pcc or anything with two of those :)

ALC

ECF Veteran
    Jan 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I just recently went through this with a friend and he smoked the same exact thing and was a 1 pack a day smoker.

1st order: 1 wall charger, 2 auto reg batteries in white or white and logo, menthol sampler 1 and 2 in 24 mg. If she plans on hitting it a few times and treats it like a fix I would say do the 24 mg just to get the nic level right. My friend did that and only had a few cravings the first day and none by the second. He liked the Virginia and the Cowboy the best so far and he only uses 1 cart a day.

2nd order: He purchased carts and only 1 bottle of juice because he said refilling didn't matter considering he only uses a cart a day $2.00. If he decides to vape more or wants to cut costs more he would order more juice then. He also purchased 2 more batteries the same in the first order but in black and chrome with no logos. He tried my manual batteries and did not like them.

For his 3rd order: He claims he is going to go down to 18 mg because he tried mine and think the flavor is there and since he thinks the cravings are gone he will be okay.

I hope this helps.

jeffree

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2010
    california
    XL manual batteries (starter kit). "Premium Menthol Sampler" pack, 18mg. Having 11 and 24mg would be a good back-up, but 18's a safe bet to start.

Suggest that she skip reading the carto names and blind taste-test the 5 cartos to find which one(s) suit her. Then immediately place another carto order so there's no lag time. BTW, nice of you to help her.

jeffree

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2010
    california
    Uh, forgot to mention the obvious... urge her to take it slowly and be patient. Over-vaping or chugging deeply into her lungs--along with the usual reactions to cig withdrawal--could create a raw throat and coughing at the start. A lot of us experienced such initial reactions, which disappeared after a few weeks of patience and care. Drinking extra water can help, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread