Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Carolinas
So this is my first post. I made a purchase of the following PV unit. V2 ULTIMATE KIT - V2 CIGS
Please click on that link so that you can see all that I have in the kit. I will have the kit in hand on July 5th. After I ordered the kit I found this site and realized that I over paid and that this is a common rookie mistake. I also learned about all the other PV options out there from the type I have to 510's, to 510 BB to MOD's. I read a whole thread on senior members discussing how they should advise newbies, that was interesting and funny! So I'm prepared to be told that I wasted my money and I should get a eGo and be done with it :blush:. But like most all newbies I do want to start out with something that looks and has the feel of a analog, then graduate later, maybe. At the same time I now understand that I will be changing batteries all the time and paying for more expensive prefilled cartos, if I buy OEM V2 cartos. A member has alreay been working with me through chat to help me understand what I know so far, plus reading up on the beginners stickys. I smoke 2 packs of analogs a day and I want to quit so I can see my new grandaughter grow up. I had a birthday a few days ago and I'm 50 now, been smoking 35 years. I know that power is important and I don't have that much in my the PV I purchased, except for maybe the 112 mm 380 mA/H long battery and the 5.1 volt V2 PowerCig that came with the kit. My goal is to optimize what I purchased already so here are some questions that I have. Where can I find additional, more reasonably priced 112 mm 380 mA/H long batteries so I can have more batttery power as back up that will still fit in the PCC and be charged by all the different chargers that came in my kit? Is it best to buy a converter to use 510 cartos on my batteries since they seem to be more readily available? I think that I want to buy some prefilled, but I also want to buy empties, fill them with good juice and then eventually clean and refill them. I have read how to modify cartos and I want to that for more hits per carto. I just want to maximize what I have purchased for now, then graduate to other devices later. Any adice would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
Hi and welcome to ECF:) I to had started with V2 Cigs...a year ago. To expensive to me really. As far as venders go, All of them that I have purchased from..."click on forum suppliers above"... were a pleasure to do business with. What you have is a kr808 battery. Go to Smokeless Image.... they have flavored and blank cartomizers and sell ejuice as well. I sure you will like them and be blown away with the low low prices...There are many venders here to choose from but that IMO would be a good start. Also, If you want to step up the voltage a bit.. try a Riva or a Joye eGo passthru batt with LR /Low resistance cartomizers. There in expensive and last a lot longer that a kr808 battery as for the Ego's start at 650mAh and up depending on the model

Last edited:

Mr.BeSoBeautiful

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Welcome aboard we're all happy to have you. I as well made the same rookie mistake. You can buy a 510 adapter they're relatively cheap around $3.00 its not necessary but it'll be handy to have. if you do decide to go the 510 route an ego is the way to go its truly a great starter PV. The set you bought will still come in handy, you can leave one in the car for a back up or on the nightstand for those wake up in the middle of the night cravings or once your arsenal grows they'll be great for converting loved ones. I still use my mini almost daily (usually when my egos are on the charger or short car trips to the store). Check out the forum suppliers for some juices and accessories. I'm sure most of us made the first blind purchase but the great thing about the forum is someone around here has tried everything so you wont have to spend anymore cash blindly.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I made a bigger rookie mistake and bought Green Smoke! Talk about overpriced crap! Thank the gods that I found ECF before my 30 days was up and got a refund. At least the kit you got is a KR808D-1 model, so parts will be easy to find and much cheaper than on the V2 site. I think you'll be blown away by the prices, selection and customer service at Smokeless Image.

Mr.BeSoBeautiful

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Mine was Smoke51 trio I bought it at a local smoke shop so no warranty :( I paid 55.00 it had one batt and one atty (which blew within the first 24 hrs) and 10 6mg carts which held about 7drops of juice but claimed one cart would last a pack of analogs refil carts were 15.00 for 6. My ego starter had 2 batts and attys for 66.00. Go figure lol.

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I made a bigger rookie mistake and bought Green Smoke! Talk about overpriced crap! Thank the gods that I found ECF before my 30 days was up and got a refund. At least the kit you got is a KR808D-1 model, so parts will be easy to find and much cheaper than on the V2 site. I think you'll be blown away by the prices, selection and customer service at Smokeless Image.

+1:facepalm: All better now:)
RIMP:evil:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Get your kit and try it out before you purchase anything else for it. If it's perfect for you except you don't want to pay their price for cartomizers or additional batteries, there are tons of options out there. You may find when you get the kit that it's not working for you. At that point don't throw more money at something that's not going to satisfy you and won't help you get off the cigs. You'll probably know within a couple days if this is the kit for you.

Good luck!

Apocalypse*Meow

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Seattle
Haha, I too dropped too much with V2, first. However, I realized my mistake in time to ask them to refund me, before they even shipped it out. I'm pretty sure they have a return period if you want to try to return it, if yours has shipped already.

That said, the model V2 sells (for too much $$) is a pretty good starter it sounds like. As has been mentioned the V2 is a KR808D-1, which you can find from other vendors for MUCH cheaper.

Also, you aren't chained to V2's selection of prefilled carto flavors. You can get e-liquid from vendors (and usually, you'll end up buying e-liquid and hardware from different vendors, as the ones that specialize in hardware are not usually the best for liquid and vice versa) and fill blank cartos yourself. Which is a LOT cheaper and you have, oh, about a bazillion different flavor options out there.

Good luck!

Xanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Carolinas
Thanks to all that have replied. Can I get more specific information to the 510 converter? Should I get that, does it open me up to more carto options and where specifically should I get it? Can you post a link for me? Also, I went to one of the recomended sites (Smokless Image) to buy more batteries (kr808) and they have reasonalbly priced batteries but no 112 mm batteries, I assume the really long batteries hold more of a charge.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Yes, the longer batteries hold more charge. There's no real benefit in getting the 808-510 adapter unless you plan to use the 510 atomizer though - the 510 cartos are far more limited than the kr808d1's. You made a fine choice in the V2, it's just a bit expensive that's all. You can find all sorts of cartos for it at lots of other vendors sites, just look for Kr808d1 cartos. (vapor4life sells that same model, as does Bloog) Give it a try before you go out looking for new stuff to add to it, just shop around if you want more cartos.

Xanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Carolinas
Thanks, I am just having buyers remorse with the purchase of the V2 kr808d1 model and I don't even have it yet (its in the mail). Especially with all the talk about the reo 510, I smoke so much (2 paks a day), that I'm afraid I will fail on the conversion to vaping if I don't order 510 conversion stuff for the kr808d1 so I can have more options ( or at least thats what I'm thinking as a newbie). I'm just really anxious and afraid here, I am embarrased to admit it, but smoking rules my life, I can't do anything or go anywhere without making sure I have enough smokes and I can't hardly get anything done without thinking of my next smoke break (at work). Its crazy that I have allowed myself to be ruled by this...

Last edited:

espresso

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2011
Taiwan
If it's perfect for you except you don't want to pay their price for cartomizers or additional batteries, there are tons of options out there.

Yes, there are a lot of other suppliers.
Yes, the price of their batteries are higher than other kr808d-1 batteries.
But, what's wrong with their price of cartomizers? Seems reasonable to me. Which one did you compare to, if I may ask.
(Don't tell me it's that if you get 40 cartomizers, the price will be higher than getting 2x 20 cartomizers. I still don't know why they haven't fix that stupid mistake)

Last edited:

espresso

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2011
Taiwan
Thanks, I am just having buyers remorse with the purchase of the V2 kr808d1 model and I don't even have it yet (its in the mail). Especially with all the talk about the reo 510, I smoke so much (2 paks a day), that I'm afraid i will fail on the conversion to vaping I don't order 510 conversion stuff for the kr808d1 so I can have more options. I'm just really anxious and afraid here, I amd embarrased to admit it, but smoking rules my life, I can't do anything or go anywhaere without making sure I have enough smokes and I can't hardly get anything done without thing of my next smoke break (at work). Its crazy that I have allowed myself to be ruled by this...

Maybe you would want to convert to 510, maybe not.
Me? I'm happy with kr808d-1. (I got bigger kr808d-1 batteries though)

lolady

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
I am on Indian land
If you like the e-cigarette itself, the ones from V2 cigs are just KR808d-1s, you can go to any number of places and get more things that will work with the one you have from v2cigs.

Poke around, you'll see that nobody really has a problem with their stuff, its just that you can get the exact same thing for so much less $

Let me explain this better. V2cigs is kind of like a Lauren Conrad black tank top.

Sure, you can go get one that was born in the same factory for $5 at Wal-Mart, but it won't say Lauren Conrad on the label, and for a lot of people, an extra $25 is a small price to pay for that benefit.

Whether yours is the $5 Wal-Mart one, or the LC one for $30, they're both fine, serviceable black tank tops, you can dress them up or down, and they go with everything!

Last edited:

espresso

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2011
Taiwan
Where did you get the bigger batteries? What is the mA/H rating?

For manual ones, you have the choice of:
Elegant Easy, iGo, Lecig's PigCig and vGo

For automatic ones, currently there's only one choice: Echo

And, there is always the option of getting a 510->kr808 adapter

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Thanks, I am just having buyers remorse with the purchase of the V2 kr808d1 model and I don't even have it yet (its in the mail). Especially with all the talk about the reo 510, I smoke so much (2 paks a day), that I'm afraid I will fail on the conversion to vaping if I don't order 510 conversion stuff for the kr808d1 so I can have more options ( or at least thats what I'm thinking as a newbie). I'm just really anxious and afraid here, I am embarrased to admit it, but smoking rules my life, I can't do anything or go anywhere without making sure I have enough smokes and I can't hardly get anything done without thinking of my next smoke break (at work). Its crazy that I have allowed myself to be ruled by this...

You may be able to send it back. I'd contact them right away.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!

• on point A: 510 does have more options, but you are likely to end up with several e-cig models by this time next year. Don't sweat it, jumping in is the hardest part. Enjoy what you are getting for a bit and then decide if you want to try something new. You can either get the 808-510 adapter (don't recommend it because you'll still be using the little 808 batteries) or you can get a new 510 based kit like an eGo or Riva (better idea). OR you can get the Reo (I want one), you are likely to use all three for different purposes at one time or another.

It's like saying you don't know what kind of shoes to buy, chances are you'll need or want more than one pair anyway so don't worry too much about which ones you get to start with.

• as for point B: hon, we're ALL here because smoking ruled(rules) our lives... with very few exceptions.

lolady

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
I am on Indian land
The good news is that you are in the best place in the world to get more information than you ever dreamed of, about all the different flavors, from simple things like KR808d-1 has 2 parts, and the others use 3 parts, to every minute detail of the electricity molecules and permutations of each one, depending on your comprehension and tolerance level :)

It might turn into a whole new avocation for you, and this time next year you might be having a fine time fiddling and putzing around with all the latest and greatest inventions - or you might be firmly installed in front of your monitor watching The World According To Paris Hilton and puffing away on your trusty old KR808d-1 plugged into the wall.

Either way, or anywhere in the middle, there will be other people here who are doing the same thing right along with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread