Need Vanilla help - LF MOV Vanilla Dream clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elokin6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Miami
I kind of feel like a traitor asking for this and I hope it's not a forum violation or something. I deeply love MOV's Vanilla Dream but, alas, I am unemployed and can't keep up my $100/month MOV habit. I'm getting back into DIYing to try to save some bucks while I finish another round of college.

Vanilla Dream is a really sweet and natural tasting vanilla. I've never had another vanilla like it. Does anyone who has tried it have an idea of what I could mix to achieve something similar? I have access to most of the Capella's and TFA diacetyl free vanillas.

Elokin6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Miami
you could try e-liquads-recipes.com to see if there is a clone recipe :)
Thanks for the idea. I checked and there is one by the same name but it's loaded with diacetyl. Nothing is specifically listed as a clone.

The main problem I'm having with vanillas is that the ones I've tried have all been very artificial tasting.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
A good vanilla flavor seems hard to come by for some reason. Every time I find one I like pretty good, it seems like it won't take the heat and changes flavor while I'm vaping it, not to mention that's it's probably loaded with all the 'bad' stuff as well lol.

Some of the folks over in the 'TFA' thread recommend mixing different vanillas and that might be worth a try for you if you decide to experiment a little. I'd suggest poking around in that thread a little and reading Bills blog to get some ideas on how they use vanillas and creams in some recipes. Their philosophy seems to be that the TFA flavors are just building blocks and you need to find the combos that work for you.

If you do decide to experiment a little, I'd say start with TFA Vanilla Swirl and Vanilla Bean. The Vanilla Swirl is a half decent ice cream type on it's own and mixes great with other flavors. The Vanilla Bean isn't that great on it's own (imo, of course), but does mix well with the Vanilla Swirl to deepen it a little. I have no idea how this would compare to what you're after though.

Good luck and here's hoping someone will pop in with a great clone recipe for you. :vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread