Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I pulled the trigger on some 16350 batts to try my hcigar clone in its shortest form. However, the atomizer base/top part of the mod wont securely screw into the 350 tube. I can fiddle with it and get it to somewhat stay, but even then if I try to snug up the button at the bottom it will just pop the upper part back out. I managed to get the whole thing together with some trial and error but I am sure that if I wanted to I could just pop the atomizer base right off the top without unscrewing first.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or did I just get a bum clone?

Yeah, that's really not right, I have an hcigar Chemesis and it does not do that...

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Yeah, that's really not right, I have an HCigar Chemesis and it does not do that...

Bummer. Guess I'll just have to get another one :)

Actually you may find it is the topper.
The threading on the nemesis is pretty accurate, but Many many top devices suffer horribly in Q.C. I have 3 drippers that will spin on top and a Smok Vivi that does it on EVERY Device(from new)
Now, I also have 3 Ithaka, 2 Rocket(Kayfun clones) and an RSST, as well as several Carto tanks that ALL FIT PERFECTLY.

Well if that many work right, it can not be the Mod threading.:glare:

Simple, cheap test is get an air flow controller or a decent 510 adapter and screw it in. If it holds, you have your answer.

Last edited:

Dominick0311

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Long beach
8yre7yma.jpg

Authentic left, clone right.
Authentic is heavier, pieces match up better and looks as if it's one piece entirely. Engraving on the clone looks like it was done by a five year old (exaggeration obviously) but dinner details are missing that are present on the authentic.
Firing pin on the clone is different than authentic as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
8yre7yma.jpg

Authentic left, clone right.
Authentic is heavier, pieces match up better and looks as if it's one piece entirely. Engraving on the clone looks like it was done by a five year old (exaggeration obviously) but dinner details are missing that are present on the authentic.
Firing pin on the clone is different than authentic as well.

$30 Clone
185 Original

Think about it

Funny thing is these $30 mods work amazing well.
Most of us have already agreed, we could care less if they were engraved. Some have already removed the engravings.

INFRNL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2013
Colorado
Need some help. I just got the hcigar clone but I cannot use it. Reason being is that the pos pin will not contact my atty. I am currently using an igo-w. Can someone help with what I need to get this to work?

I have been told, maybe a 510/510 but might get some voltage drop, extended pos pin, or possibly the stealth cap. I'm thinking that the extended pos pin would be the best route to go? Also can someone tell me what the stealth cap is for over the original?

Is the magnet upgrade worthwhile?

Thanks

Bern Diesel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
San Jose, Ca
^^^Exactly! I've had both. HCigar clones, Nemmy authentics, Brass and Vapor Wall editions. The differences were clear. And the authentics hit harder as well. The authentic contacts are real silver plated and the clones are some sort of nickel mix (no matter what anyone says).

Don't get me wrong tho. The clones are good for vapin on a budget or daily beaters. They still hit good and I would choose a Nemmy clone over a sorry ... Provari or any vv for that matter. But they don't compare to authentic Nemmy's, imo. That's like comparing authentic Gucci or Luis Vuitton goods with counterfeits. They look the same but the quality and materials just aren't the same. Can't be a hypocrite tho. I rock my counterfeit Gucci belt cause I don't wanna drop no $600 on a belt, lol

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Yea I don't really care, but a lot of people say they can't tell the difference. Which is crazy to me bc you can not only see it, you can feel it

Yes, that I can agree 100% with. Original has almost invisible seams for a very smooth bore. Seems all multi part China mods have a bit of taper at the seams causing them to stand out even if everything is in alignment. Mine, not so much because I run it like your original, with the kick ring breaking tubes.

Need some help. I just got the hcigar clone but I cannot use it. Reason being is that the pos pin will not contact my atty. I am currently using an igo-w. Can someone help with what I need to get this to work?

I have been told, maybe a 510/510 but might get some voltage drop, extended pos pin, or possibly the stealth cap. I'm thinking that the extended pos pin would be the best route to go? Also can someone tell me what the stealth cap is for over the original?

Is the magnet upgrade worthwhile?

Thanks

Not sure why you are having problems.
Remove top Cap
Screw Igo-w down flush - If it just keeps spinning, welcome to reality. many mods and tops are poorly mated Q.C. wise.
With IGO-W Flush, SNUG positive pin
Attach assembly to tube with Bottom switch screwed loose.
Once top is in place secure switch.

For me, magnets were a nice upgrade to my 3 Nemesis

INFRNL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2013
Colorado
Yes, that I can agree 100% with. Original has almost invisible seams for a very smooth bore. Seems all multi part China mods have a bit of taper at the seams causing them to stand out even if everything is in alignment. Mine, not so much because I run it like your original, with the kick ring breaking tubes.

Not sure why you are having problems.
Remove top Cap
Screw Igo-w down flush - If it just keeps spinning, welcome to reality. many mods and tops are poorly mated Q.C. wise.
With IGO-W Flush, SNUG positive pin
Attach assembly to tube with Bottom switch screwed loose.
Once top is in place secure switch.

For me, magnets were a nice upgrade to my 3 Nemesis

Ha ha,
Let me explain as I did what you said.

I screw atty on till it bottoms out; no problems there.

I then go to tighten the pos pin but its already bottomed out and does not make contact. I'm guessing a longer pos pin should resolve the issue. Technically I do not even have to back out the pos pin cause the atty will not touch it. I believe I even tried my igo-s and spheroid with the same results, but I will double check.

EDIT: The atty's I have will not work in its current state. I will have to get a measurement, but it is off quite a bit. I guess this is what I get for buying a clone:facepalm:

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Ha ha,
Let me explain as I did what you said.

I screw atty on till it bottoms out; no problems there.

I then go to tighten the pos pin but its already bottomed out and does not make contact. I'm guessing a longer pos pin should resolve the issue. Technically I do not even have to back out the pos pin cause the atty will not touch it. I believe I even tried my igo-s and spheroid with the same results, but I will double check.

EDIT: The atty's I have will not work in its current state. I will have to get a measurement, but it is off quite a bit. I guess this is what I get for buying a clone:facepalm:

Totally baffled!
All 3 of mine have decent length pos. pins I even have an addy with the center pin recessed and it will contact when adjusted. Take a good look and make sure your Delron section is fully up in the Cap.

You have verified Atty function on something else right?

Just double checked my two tone Nemesis, has the recessed pin killer 705 atty/tank combo - Basicly like a regular carto tank

Even with the center pin in, about 1/2mm, the Nemesis pos pin is sitting about 1/2 out of the delron. Delron sits flush with the base of the cap.

Can you remove the pin and post a pic of the parts?

**** You are saying the Pin will thread all the way flush against the Delron with the Atty sitting flat on top correct?

Last edited:

INFRNL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2013
Colorado
Totally baffled!
All 3 of mine have decent length pos. pins I even have an addy with the center pin recessed and it will contact when adjusted. Take a good look and make sure your Delron section is fully up in the Cap.

You have verified Atty function on something else right?

Just double checked my two tone Nemesis, has the recessed pin killer 705 atty/tank combo - Basicly like a regular carto tank

Even with the center pin in, about 1/2mm, the Nemesis pos pin is sitting about 1/2 out of the delron. Delron sits flush with the base of the cap.

Can you remove the pin and post a pic of the parts?

**** You are saying the Pin will thread all the way flush against the Delron with the Atty sitting flat on top correct?

Let me see what i can do for pics.

My delrin is a good 1/8" or more thick but it is butted up against the top cap. The screw seems like its of normal length. 2 of the atty's I do not have setup yet. I am currently only using the igo-w but it works in the other 4 mods I have (Paps x, knurled king, poldiac, magneto).

rereading what you wrote, maybe it is the delrin. You say yours sits flush, but mine sticks out a bit. I'll take some pics and see If I can get them posted.

Here are a few(click image to enlarge). The delrin appears to be sticking out approx 3.5mm, the screw not counting the base is approx 7.36mm. When together, I believe there is approx 6.25mm of a gap from the tip of the screw to the mating surface. The mount on the atty is only approx 4.25mm iirc. so I think I am 2mm short on the screw
20131215_220616.jpg 20131215_221129.jpg
20131215_221223.jpg

Last edited:

23skidoo

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Southern CA
Crxess is right. The delrin on my top cap does not sick down at all like yours does, it's flush with the metal surrounding it. The pin looks about the same size as mine though. Either that delrin needs to be pressed up in to the top cap more, or needs to be trimmed flush. I'd try pushing it up into the top cap first (without the pin installed).

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
In your picture, your Delrin is sticking way out of the top cap - mine sits almost flush in the top cap. The Delrin screws in to the top cap of a real Nemesis; I believe that the Delrin press fits into the top cap of the Chemesis. This would explain why your center pin doesn't meet your atomizer.

23skidoo

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Southern CA
Also, if the delrin is as far as it can go up into the top cap and the piece was just too long when it was installed, you don't necessarily need to remove all the delrin to make it flush with the metal. You could remove 1mm or so first and get it to work with your atty's. this would leave maximum threading in the delrin.

Dominick0311

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Long beach

This actually brings me to another point, I'm able to use my kick ring without a kick with just my stock pin. I just unscrew it a bit over half or 3/4s and it works. Is anyone else able to do this?
It doesn't make for the smoothest button action but I love how it looks

Edited for clarity :)

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
This actually brings me to another point, I'm able to use my kick ring with just my stock pin. I just unscrew it a bit over half or 3/4s and it works. Is anyone else able to do this?
It doesn't make for the smoothest button action but I love how it looks

I always have the little kick ring in place.
Unscrewing the switch pin should not effect the switch much, you are still able to maintain a short throw. You can overcome this with a Vapesafe Fuse or a 2mm magnet button on the Battery to take up space.

Might be wrong about the pin, mine is only a few turns out. I run 12w kicks in all 3.

INFRNL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2013
Colorado
Thanks guys, got it working! If the delrin was threaded, it isn't anymore:laugh: I tried to unscrew it but it did not seem to do anything. So I started to push on it and got it to move. Pushed it in till it bottomed out. Now with atty on; the screw still sticks out a touch. Had to adjust the buttom screw though to get everything operational.

Thanks again, glad I got it working. Not so sure I will be buying anymore clones, but I will see how this one does first. I bought this to use at work, so i do not care if it gets all scratched up or what not.

This is buch better, sorry for crappy pic
20131215_235335.jpg

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I think you are going to have some fun now.:D

But, it still looks like the Delron is out to far. Mine are all.....Wait.........

Okay, just verified the other 2. All are Flush with the base.

You are definitely getting there. Screw looks much better in relation to atty.

I'm thinking small socket close to outer diameter of Delron, cap down on hard surface and a few light taps. Socket should protect the threading area and apply equal pressure to press the Delron into place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread