Never dripped, what to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
Well I did in the end order an atomizer, a basic regular resistance Joye atomizer to try on my Infinity Pro. Should get it at anytime, perhaps even today. Even if I like the results I doubt if I will use it much, it is more of an experiment for me. Under normal conditions I just want to pick up my PV and vape, and to go through the majority of the day without fiddling with my equipment. But I have been known to change my mind. If I have some sort of epiphany and fall in love with dripping I'll let you know.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Well I did in the end order an atomizer, a basic regular resistance Joye atomizer to try on my Infinity Pro. Should get it at anytime, perhaps even today. Even if I like the results I doubt if I will use it much, it is more of an experiment for me. Under normal conditions I just want to pick up my PV and vape, and to go through the majority of the day without fiddling with my equipment. But I have been known to change my mind. If I have some sort of epiphany and fall in love with dripping I'll let you know.

The best thing (for me) about using an atty is the ability to try new juices easily. I don't waste a carto on a strong-flavored juice that will likely color the flavor for the life of that carto.

That said, I only have old (original) Joye attys, and they work fine for my flavor-testing needs.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia

I thought the same as you when I first started with cartos. After trying drippin I will never go back to them nasty tasteless cartos that you have to end up topping off just as much as a atty through the day due to dry hits.

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com

I can vape for about 45 minutes between fills on a recently filled and broken-in HH.357 510. Not too shabby. I don't know of if the Joye atomizer has a reservoir like the HH.357, so YMMV.

My daily vape (Ms T's Snickerdoodle) goes in a tank with a Boge 3.0 carto. The flavor is slightly better for this juice on the HH.357 but not enough to make me give up the tank.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
The ones from Smartvapes are pretty good if you're looking for something more affordable, but then again, I haven't really tried that many brands to really compare them to. I do like it a lot more than the basic 510 LR attys though. I am prob gonna pick up some of these attys from Valuevapor and give it a try, their price is pretty good. Also, Smartvapes is out of stock on the LR 510 dripping atomizers that I want.

I also went from using cartos to dripping not too long ago. I still have several packages of cartos, but I prefer dripping much more. I think it is worth the tiny bit of extra effort with the refilling and all, but I do see how cartomizers can be more useful at times. Sometimes you can't drip in a long car ride or if you're in a club/crowded place.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
SO, like a few here, I was a faithfull carto guy for the first couple of months. With that said, I had to see what this dripping craze was all about. Also, you may notice a lot of vets swear by it. Well, let me tell you, the phrase "I never actually tasted my juices until I dripped on a decent atty", is very true. There are a couple diff ways to go about it. I personally like buying the bridgeless attys and filling them with "bonuts". Thats right, its spelled right. Use the ECF google search for the word bonut. There is a gentleman by the username BJ43, Sorry if I hacked your name...., who created this easy little mod/addition. Unless you are using a technique like this or a bottom feeder, dripping, for me anyways, is an at home with a bottle on hand for constant dripping. Its not a driving down the road type of thing. Do yourselves a favor, get a couple of bridgeless attys, and a drip shield, and try dripping a few drops of your fav juice. You dont have to buy a $7 atty to try it out and get the gist. Watch a couple of instructional videos first and try it.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com

I must say, I just read and responded to that linked thread. Its a great idea, and I will be trying it, however I think it is a bit much for the folks here just trying to get the gist of dripping. It is a lot of work, that could possibly end up w a lot of tinkering to get it to operate properly. IMO, I would like to see these guys here buy a $3 or $4 bridgeless atty, just to get an idea and sample of the benefits of dripping.:2c:

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
I would love to try these, but why can't they be used on an Ego? I know that people use them on Egos with no problem, but why do they advise against it?

I suggest an HH.357 510 2ohm Long Barrel. These work really well for trying out new flavors and they also make certain flavors "wake up" compared to a Boge Cartomizer.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I would love to try these, but why can't they be used on an Ego? I know that people use them on Egos with no problem, but why do they advise against it?

Where did you hear that. I just received an order of those, and they will work just fine on my eGo's

EDIT :
Let me recant that statement, partially. I did just receive that atty, however I had not read the instructions that I had bookmarked. Now I see where you got that from. I ordered that for use w my Kicked Xhaler, not my eGo's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread