Never throw out old gear....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
So I've done the 'upgrade path' from Ego-T to EVOD to Nauti mini to Subtank nano right up to Aspire cleito .4 ohms at 60W and premium dessert flavour MAX VG liquids etc.

Now summer is here and I find the massive VG clouds giving me a bit of indigestion and the silky VG clouds a bit not to my liking.

Last night I picked up my Dad's EVOD with £1 shop cherry 80PG 11mg liquid in it.

Know what? I loved it.

Just bought out my ego battery and evod, got a new EVOD regular coil and some fruity (I swore and truly believed I would never enjoy fruity vapes!) 40VG 60PG liquids such as Pinkman, raspberry lemonade and Rhubarb and Custard and it's knocking my socks off!

I'm going to get a new coil for the nauti mini tomorrow for these liquids instread of using the EVOD as I reckon these would vape better in that tank, but the store I can get to today only does the Clapton nauti mini ones and I do not like them, I prefer the regular ones so just got an EVOD coil for today and tonight.

Point being, don't ditch your low power, low wattage gear, you might find you come back round to it later... Or you might prefer lung hits and then go back to mouth to lung...

I can now see myself going MTL EVOD, MTL Nauiti mini then back to light lung hits with subtank nano and then all the way up to massive lung hits with the Cleito and CF4+ probably in winter.

Good to have a great selection on hand to pick from that you have painstakingly got to know how it all works best and how to use it. Variety really is the spice of life and the spice of vaping!

If you had have told me a month ago I'd be sitting here MTL'ing on an EVOD with high PG 6mg Raspberry lemonade , I'd have laughed it off.

Yet, here I am.... And it is yum!

:)

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I'm embarrassed to say I still have a plastic bag full of 808D cartomizers (not new, but boiled to clean) at the back of my vape cabinet. There are also a couple of mason jars with several different kinds of used coils waiting to clean or rebuild.

I still use evods and protank minis on my bedstand every night and occasionally a 808D while working in the yard. Throw stuff out? Never!

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I am still hanging on to a LOT of stuff that I bought when I first started vaping, but other than several boxes of cartos and a couple of custom carto tanks, I've gotten rid of anything that I can't easily rebuild.
Every once in a while I'll pull out one of my Kanger PT2s and vape with it for a day or two, it's the setup that got me off cigarettes, and I can't toss those. Plus with hand-built coils, they're not that bad a performer, although the air flow is a little tighter than I like nowadays.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    ECF Members,

Please do not throw out any decent, usable, functioning vape gear.

Save it, and then go down to the VFW and give it to Vets that may want to quit smoking! If we all did this we may save a few from cigarettes.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I just cleaned off my vape shelves a few days ago threw away all of it 10 ego batts,3 of them clunky buzz pros still in bubble wrap,an assortment of clearos and viva nova tanks, and boxes and boxes of cartomizers even the mega ones..figured stuff too obsul
    Oh my don't throw anything out, people still use that stuff you could have sold it.

I'm also vaping a ton of Max VG juice lately and would love to give higher PG liquid a shot. Does a higher PG increase/decrease flavor? I know it's a stronger lung hit but I've only had a 50/50 mix..never up to 80 PG.

Anyone have suggestions on some good brands/flavors with a high PG level I should try? Thank for your input!

grandmato5

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2010
    WNY
    I just cleaned off my vape shelves a few days ago threw away all of it 10 ego batts,3 of them clunky buzz pros still in bubble wrap,an assortment of clearos and viva nova tanks, and boxes and boxes of cartomizers even the mega ones..figured stuff too obsul

:shock: :shock::shock: One person's garbage is another person's treasure !!!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    I am still hanging on to a LOT of stuff that I bought when I first started vaping, but other than several boxes of cartos and a couple of custom carto tanks, I've gotten rid of anything that I can't easily rebuild.
    Every once in a while I'll pull out one of my Kanger PT2s and vape with it for a day or two, it's the setup that got me off cigarettes, and I can't toss those. Plus with hand-built coils, they're not that bad a performer, although the air flow is a little tighter than I like nowadays.
    I never stopped using the PT2's, just went with all Aero bases and those get drilled out a bit. Those coils last forever if you re-wick them before they get too gunked up, and they were a definite upgrade from the Evods and T3's that got me off of 2.5 PAD habit.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md

Never heard of PIF?o_O :shock: :facepalm:

Pay It Forward - PIF

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread