New and looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshisqt

Mar 7, 2013
Ashland, OH, USA
Hi, i'v been a "lerker" on these forums for a while now... smoked for 10-15 years after the laws passed and all and becoming a outsider i switched to camel snus.. after using that for a few years now and honestly constantly missing smoking but not really cheating but a few times when under allot of stress and honestly finding it a bit disgusting.. anyhow i started vaping with a cheap product called NEXGEN .. horrible battery life cig look alike the cig flavor is horrible and the menthol is bareable... been reading thru the forums for a while now.. thinking the logical next step would be to try a ego.. i have enjoyed vaping for a while altho havnt been able to ween off of snus because of the horrible battery life and weak vapor output of the nexgen. anyhoo what i was wondering was there should i buy from? should i buy from the joytech website? or somewhere else? finally got some income tax money so i'm ready to drop anywhere in the 100-200 range to get a good setup.. please let me know.. i have read thru forums for several hours on countless occasions seemed like the evic and others might be a bit "to much" for me as far as figuring it out.. i'm just sick of these horrible nexgen cartidges and ready to get some good tasting liquids and a unit that isnt junk.. hoping for experienced vapors to please help me out on where to buy from (no there isnt a vaping shop around here just a cheap tobacco shop which really nexgen and blu was all they had) so should i buy a egoc twist? ego c twist xl? or somethin like that and should i buy it straight form joyetech website or buy the battery from them and buy the rest from other websites or how should i go about it heh.. sorry this is getting to long i'll stop now ty for any help/advice/links :)

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
If you have that much to go with and don't mind a bigger mod I would recommend getting a Vamo. They are fairly simple to use and user friendly. roughly $50 for the tube. You can get tube batteries charger for under $100, then just pick a few different delivery systems to try out and see which you like the best.

I would bypass the ego styles if your able to. Although there are some that get and stay with the ego style, I personally did not find them satisfying enough.

joshisqt

Mar 7, 2013
Ashland, OH, USA
figure i took one step by switching to snus and sticking with it for years .. its still very bad for you vaping is much safer obviously so looking to take the next step to vaping.. i mean i dont plan on quitting as far as nicotine goes but vaping even with the horrible brand i have been using has been nice the oral stimulation was highly missed

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
There are other PVs available but these should do- if one interests you I'll post a Video review by an ECF member.

Cig sized PVs
Removed as OP stated size doesn't matter.

The Pvs below are the more common and readily available 510 threading.

eGo Class:
JoyTech eGo fires @ 3.3 volts, SmokTech eGo fires @ 3.7 volts and the Riva/ Kgo fires @ 3.7 volts- come in 650, 900 or 1100 mah depending on the manufacturer- most popular 510 threading/ connection and are manual. I own a Kgo and I LOVE it. Have used the JoyTech eGo and prefer the Kgo because of the higher voltage.
eGo Starter Kit cost anywhere from $50+.
Riva/ Kgo starter kit costs about $40-$50

Mini Variable Volt PV: 510 threading/ connection. Manual Batteries.
Kgo VV- only comes in 650 mah- I own it and find battery life a problem and don't like the button. Apparently the new version has a better button.

Twist comes in 650, 900 and 1000 mah. Dial very narrow/ smooth and not easy to turn. Voltage numbers very hard to read/ invisible. Button occasionally sticks.

Vision Spinner comes in 400, 650, 900, 1100 and 1300 mah. Wide knurled voltage dial easy to turn and easy to read voltage markings. 1300 mah Spinner is the same size as 1000 Twist.
Both variable voltage PVs above fire from 3.3-4.8 volts.
I owned the Twists and now use them as backups because the dial was hard to turn and I could not clearly see the voltage markings.
1300 Vision Spinner- 113mm or ~4.4 inches long; 16MM WIDE, 2MM WIDER THAN A STANDARD EGO
1100 Vision Spinner- 119mm or ~4.75 inches long
1000 Twist- Length 120mm(4.75")/Diameter 14mm

Advantage of the VV- when stressed and need a stronger hit I can easily and quickly dial up the voltage.

Take your time in choosing

Edit: In regards to "mah"...battery info- 100 mah= 1 hr of normal vaping before recharge is needed...example: a 650 mah battery should last about 6 hrs before recharge is needed.

Last edited:

joshisqt

Mar 7, 2013
Ashland, OH, USA
size isnt a issue with me honestly doesnt matter to me if it feels like a cig in my hand or not i'm a few years removed from having to have that feeling between my fingers.... willing to spend what it takes to get a good unit.. just looking for opinions on if ego is the way to go and if so which one/ which site is best ot buy from.. or should i really just try and jump that class all together and go to the higher end ones and hope i get used to how to used it fast .. size doesnt matter to me much.. price isnt a big issue as i just got income tax back..

Edit 2: i mean as reading thru the forums for a long while now.. i have read thru allot of posts on the provari and such just dunno if it would be to complicated for me and such as jumping from the cheap cigalikes as the nexgen is.. or if i should just take steps up by goin to a ego of some kind first

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Last edited:

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
I bought a few setups as christmas gifts for friends and family members this past year. As they were completely new to vaping I wanted to get them something that is decent quality, easy to use with the option of veritable voltage is they decided to use it. With all that in mind I got them vision spinners from Altsmoke.com and a couple of Iclear 16 clearomizers from I don't know were. Two of those batteries and 3 clearomizers should have you set for a quality vaping experience at about $70 or so.

BTW, everyone that I bought kits for love them and are no longer using analogs.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Nothing to add except an opinion to the very complete response from the drunken squirrel (easier to type than vapoor eyes er): I think you're doing everything right, and that you'd be more than happy with any of the options given. I started a month ago with an eGo system: two fixed voltage 900ma batteries, and Ce4 clearomizers.
2.5 packs of Newports per day for 45 years before then.
Plenty good enough hits for me. It is fascinating to learn of other systems, and tempting even, but I've got no complaints at all so I'm resisting the eye candy so far, except that I've gotten into making my own ejuice. I'm doing that more to be a participant in the process than for any other reason. I've been happy with the ejuice that I've purchased.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
figure i took one step by switching to snus and sticking with it for years .. its still very bad for you vaping is much safer obviously so looking to take the next step to vaping.. i mean i dont plan on quitting as far as nicotine goes but vaping even with the horrible brand i have been using has been nice the oral stimulation was highly missed

Vaping is far better than snus or smoking. My GP, Surgeon, Dentist and Dental Hygienist are elated that I've quit smoking and support my vaping 100%. They are witness to my vastly improved health. As an example I had to get my teeth cleaned every 3 months and was very painful. I now go every 6 months and it's a breeze. They are amazed at how my oral health has improved and now recommend to patients that have been unsuccessful using traditional smoking cessation progs. Doesn't hurt that it's enjoyable too :D

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
Josh.. i started out with 510 starter kit (because i thought i needed something that felt and looked like the real thing)

but not even a week goes by and i got to try the Ego-C twist .. and fell in love..

i still use the 510 at work, but honestly i crave the hits from my twist all day lol.. i think that would be a good first buy, not only for the price, but its not too complicated for someone just starting out.. either way good luck with everything

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Edit 2: i mean as reading thru the forums for a long while now.. i have read thru allot of posts on the provari and such just dunno if it would be to complicated for me and such as jumping from the cheap cigalikes as the nexgen is.. or if i should just take steps up by goin to a ego of some kind first
Without a doubt the Provari is quality+. I own one but don't use it as I have no need for the higher voltage....it was a gift and I loan it to friends that are considering a higher VV device. Problem is it's electronic so if it needs to go in for repairs you'll need a backup PV. Also $200.00 will get you the Starter Kit but then there's the juice and the delivery systems (holds and vaporizes the juice).
Another point...we are in the midst of a VV war- many great VV out there selling for under $100.00. The big diff between the PVs I listed and the Provaris, etc (Tube Mods) is the batteries for the Spinner, Twist, Kgo, eGo are disposable- after 250-300 recharges they are tossed. With the Tube Mods the batteries are separate and very inexpensive. Also longevity....I have another Mod with a 2200 mah batteries- lasts for about 18-20 hrs of vaping.

joshisqt

Mar 7, 2013
Ashland, OH, USA
watched the videos thank you for posting them :) i'd say of the 2 i liked the spinner review better.. next question would be to buy from where and what to buy with it and from where accessories wize.. with so many websites and such i dunno which are best for what.. like should i be buying the battery from where and the other parts from where and juice from where

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
watched the videos thank you for posting them :) i'd say of the 2 i liked the spinner review better.. next question would be to buy from where and what to buy with it and from where accessories wize.. with so many websites and such i dunno which are best for what.. like should i be buying the battery from where and the other parts from where and juice from where

Unfortunately the cheaper way is to piece together stuff from 1 website. Let me see what I can find BUT best you sleep on it before finalizing. I'll be back but prolly will take some searching. Also for inexpensive juice, etc keep an eye on this thread...esp around holidays they practically give stuff away.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals-973.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/85781-deals-steals-973.html

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas

I would say a good place to get the batteries is Altsmoke. As I said before, I think you should get an iclear 16. You can get them from smoktec.com.

As for liquid, that's a hard one. Your taste is going to be different then everyone here. It's a very personal decision. Two of my favorites that everyone I know seem to like are Tiger's Blood from Vixon Vapers and Snicherdoodle Cookies from Ms. T's. Both would be a good choice IMO. My advice is to find some place that offers a variety pack (like Vixon Vapers) and try a bunch of flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread