Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I'm amazed how we suck in cigarette smoke with how many known carcinogens without a thought but balk at the thought of using a silica wick for vaping. I've used silica, cotton, ss mesh and combinations of those and have found silica and ss mesh to be my favorite. SS mesh tends to be more finicky and really has to be oxidized well or wrapped with some cotton. That's on a provari though which seems to be a bit pickier on what it'll run. I'll run silica wicks most of the time just for ease of use. 30 years from now they may decide silica wicks cause some kind of pulmonary fibrosis or cancer but heck they might find that about the pg or vg as well. This is all fairly new stuff. How many years did people smoke cigarettes before it was found to be carcinogenic?

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Got some good news...Eshots has created a new style rebuildable atomizer that can be used in 3 ways. Drip mode, tank drip mode and full tank mode. It's made out of stainless steel and anodized aluminum. It should be more readily available to the US than the XL. I'll get a video and more info up this week.

Last edited:

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Got some good news...Eshots has created a new style rebuildable atomizer that can be used in 3 ways. Drip mode, tank drip mode and full tank mode. It's made out of stainless steel and anodized aluminum. It should be more readily available to the US than the XL. I'll get a video and more info up this week.

Full tank mode? Will that be more like a vivi nova or a genesis style?

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Just got my hand on a Phoenix XL tonite in our vape meeting, friend got some in a coop, sold one to me for 10$ ! Only used it for about 6 hours now, as easy to setup as the original Phoenix and vape just as well. Should be even better as it is all in stainless, got nothing to complain about. Don't know how much more room there is to drop in it, will have more info as I use it in the next few days.

Attachments

• 2013-01-31-phoenix-xl-1.jpg
    2013-01-31-phoenix-xl-1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 426
  • 2013-01-31-phoenix-xl-2.jpg
    2013-01-31-phoenix-xl-2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 668

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Was able to put up to 16 drops of a 30ml bottle, those are big drops, I vaped on it for almost 2 hours, this is almost like a tank! Just enough to not have to drip too often and not too much so I don't vape the same liquid all the time, love it !

That's the number one reason why I love the XL and still use it to this day as my ADV. I never vape the same juice for long at all.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
So vapor ..... is showing the Phoenix XL atomizer for sale, but on the eshots site, their last bit of news says that they are still looking for US distributors, however, that was in September. I sent an email to eshots, so I'll see what they say. Is the vapor..... XL legit? Thanks.

Yeah VB has the original eshots XL.

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
Thanks, never experienced the censor before. But that is the problem, we can't really tell. If it is a clone it may have a slanted top or something, but if the company is trying to pass it off as real, then all we can do is all eshots. Apparently there are only two sites with real XLs one in Canada and one in Australia and both don't ship out of country. The XL comes in a red box I think. Vapor b*tch shows there xl in a black box which is for the original, I think. VB sent me an email saying it is real, its just that they had a falling out with eshots over price. So I am not trying to put them down, but one of them is right and one isn't. Mike Magno says he can send me one when available, whenever that is. He says his stock is all in the Phillipines. So I guess they only ship direct when they still have stock at the factory in China. Everything I have is a knockoff except my buzz pro, even my egos, I just want a real phoenix, call me crazy. I know it is a lot more expensive but I like supporting the designer.
I don't even know if mine is genuine or not, but it's darn good. How can I tell the difference ?

Yeah the website is censoring, just tell it like so vaporb*tch at worst :)

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
I always miss those cool forum opportunities. How do you find that stuff at the right time? If yours has a flat top then yeah, I would be interested. Vapor B is selling their "genuine" for the retail thirty dollars. I wouldn't mind paying 30 dollars if I knew it was the real one and it would last maybe forever. Beyond the name, and how the user feels about it, there is one thing that is important, materials. I worry what some of them are made out of. All stainless steel is not made equal cheap stainless steel has arsenic and lead in it to make it easier to machine which makes me nervous. That is why many rebuildables are so expensive because they are made of surgical steel and stuff like that. In terms of the actual babe it doesn't matter cuz we are the ones that are building the coil. don't let me make you nervous about to steal though. I did some research and it really isn't much of an issue because it doesn't reach into the juice apparently. However the chrome is an other issue. I'm rambling sorry. I just want the dang thing or a taifun but don't have the money. I was also looking for an affordable cotton tank rebuildable like the gp spheroid. Any experience?
Even if mine is a knock-off, it's working really good. Got it for 10$, if you want I can track where it came from, it was in a coop on another forum, that's the only thing I know right now. Maybe you can start a new coop to buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread