Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Just wanted to type up a quick little review before I do an actual video review of the Phoenix RA.

I got this one from Eshots and this is my impressions:

It seemed very small and compact for a RA. I opened it up and it has a prebuilt coil ready to go which read 2.4 ohms. It also came with extra wicks and wire to build your own coils. You can use a single, dual or tripple coil setup with these! It has a nice deep well inside it so you can drip about 15-20 drops in it and vape for a pretty long time before having to redrip wich is a big plus.

I dripped 15 drops and waited 30 secs to make sure the wick was nice and wet then dripped a few more. I took a toke and wow the TH was killer along with pretty good vapor production and very clean flavor. After a few hours of vaping I noticed that it started to taste burnt so I looked at the coil and it already had quite a bit of buildup on it. The main reason for this was the factory pre-built coil was actually wound too tight around the wick wich wouldn't let it wick fast enough for my speed. So I made myself a new loosely wraped coil, took one of my tiny screw drivers and unscrewed the screws on the positive and negative posts, poped the old coil out easily and put my new coil in which was very easy to do considering how small everything is. Once I did this it was vaping like a champ and tasted so fresh so clean I fell in love with it.

The one I got has white plastic to hold the poles in place and the juice well is completely open with no shelf for liquid to go under unlike other versions I have seen that had black plastic around the posts and a shelf in the well. I think this one is a newer updated version. You have to make sure when you put your coil in that it's not touching the hard plastic around posts or it will burn the plastic but there's plenty of space so don't worry. Both posts are very sturdy and will not move around at all.

The air flow hole for the Phoenix RA is on the side of the shell casing in the middle which gives it a very nice TH. The further the air hole is from the coil the more TH you will get and less vapor. You can unscrew the shell just a tad to line the hole up with your coil for less TH and more vapor. You can also use o-rings to take it even higher.

It has a standard 510 connection but it's completely sealed so you can't use it with bottom feeders but it will never ever leak because there's no way for juice to escape through the bottom which is a big plus for me. The draw is pretty airy but not too airy, it's deff not stiff by any means. You can also thread the tubes from various eGo Vision rebuildables, Ce5/6+ and others alike that are 14mm (I think) onto the atomizer base to change up the look wich is a huge plus for many people. This opens up alot of customization options for the Phoenix RA.

Most of the Phoenix is made out of brushed stainless steel but the top cap is brass that's chrome plated. You can't really tell the difference between the chrome/stainless because thw whole atty has a stainless non-mirror finish. Where the top cap is chrome plated you might have to grind/sand/scrape off a little of the excess plating in order to fit some bigger style drip tips but I didn't have to do this as all my drip tips fit perfectly.

All in all this is a very nice affordable customizable small rebuildable atomizer that is perfect for somebody looking to own their first RA without spending a ton of cash or for somebody that's already advanced with RA's that's looking for something more smaller and sleeker with the ability to use any type of wick system (can use SS mesh wick also) along with dual and tripple coil setups.

These are now being sold at Vapor......com and Libertyflights.com US and EU. You can also get them direct from Eshotsph.com. Here are some pictures and how-to guides that show and tell you all about the Phoenix RA: Eshots Personal Vaporizers and Premium Liquids

I will have a video review of this atomizer up very soon and I will show how to use single, dual and tripple coils along with alot of other helpfull info and overall opinions. If you haven't already please go to my YouTube channel here, subscribe and stay tuned!

Thanks for reading, vape on!

www.VapeNexus.com

Last edited:

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Based on your review, I ordered 2 of these. I do have to ask though... Any idea why it is $19.50 at vapor......com, but 39.50 everywhere else?

I guess Vapor..... is trying to get more sales as it was $35 there a week ago.

Remember when you get it to make yourself a loosely wraped coil...it will vape and taste so much better than the factory tightly wraped coil!

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Yeah - I noticed the price difference too. I went ahead and ordered a couple from Vapor..... - can't wait to give them a try. They also had precoiled wicks that I picked up along with some extra wire and wicks.

Before you install the prewraped coils...take a needle or something similar and slide it under the coil and pull up a little and twist your fingers on the coil the opposite way it's wraped to loosen them up a bit...I'm telling ya it will make a world of difference between tightly wraped and loosely wraped. It will also last longer before getting alot of buildup on the coil because it wicks better.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
$15@ NHaler ;) got 2 of them there from Drew, these work super and being able to wrap your own coil to your desired sweet spot is great, no need to buy regular 510 Atty's any longer with these,,, they can also be modded into Bottom feeders for the Reo's and bottom feeder mods which is also super, 4 wraps is my bliss 0.20 wire= Vape On = :) ---> http://shop.nhaler.com/The-Phoenix-Style-Rebuildable-Atomizer-440.htm

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
$15@ NHaler ;) got 2 of them there from Drew, these work super and being able to wrap your own coil to your desired sweet spot is great, no need to buy regular 510 Atty's any longer with these,,, they can also be modded into Bottom feeders for the Reo's and bottom feeder mods which is also super, 4 wraps is my bliss 0.20 wire= Vape On = :) ---> The Phoenix Rebuildable Atomizer

Okay... Please teach. How does this get modified to bottom feed?

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
The ones at Nhaler are actually knockoffs made by a different company. You can tell the difference by looking at the top where the drip tip goes in at...the Eshot isn't tapered and the one from Nhaler is. They prob both perform the same...just pointing out that they are not the same RA made in the Philippines.

danimal40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Boston
Based on your review, I ordered 2 of these. I do have to ask though... Any idea why it is $19.50 at vapor......com, but 39.50 everywhere else?

they are 15 at Mountain Oak Vapors......maybe I shouldnt say that you guys and girls are going to grab them all up...lol

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
they are 15 at Mountain Oak Vapors......maybe I shouldnt say that you guys and girls are going to grab them all up...lol

Jeez! They weren't listed as a vendor that carries them, so I didn't even know! Nhalers are out of stock, and even vapor..... is back ordered till early next week....

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
I just got mine in the mail today, decided to give it go after reading about it. Got mine from MOV for $29 thinking what a steal since everywhere else had it for $39...imagine my surprise when I went to the site for coil tips and found it for $15 lol...I emailed them about it, we'll see.

You are dead right about that stock coil, no vapor and after taking it out the wicks were burnt to hell after just 30 drops. Wound a new one and the difference is night and day...I just vaped myself ......ed. I seriously need to have someone hide it for a bit before I get sick lol! Not bad for my first RA and coil ever :D

Thanks for the review and heads up, no more sub par $6 attys for me.

Ron -

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
I just grabbed up 4 :D

Thanks for the review and heads up, no more sub par $6 attys for me.

Ron -
I'm so sick of $5, $9, $22 attys going. I'll add a couple of these to my collection for new flavors, home desserts, etc.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Got mine from MOV today and couldn't be happier with it. I bought some extra wire but they were out of wick, anyone know a good place to get it and which is best?

I really love this wick: Wick for A2-T Atomizer

In a pinch though, get cotton balls and roll a little piece of one in your fingers to make a wick. Cotton wicks seem to be all the rage right now. Just remember that you cannot dry burn a cotton wick.

danimal40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Boston
I just grabbed up 4 :D

I'm so sick of $5, $9, $22 attys going. I'll add a couple of these to my collection for new flavors, home desserts, etc.

Think I should have bought 1 before a posted it...went to get 1 yesterday....was last 1 ..hit complete order and it said sorry none in stock...ughhhhhhhh...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread