Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
The first time I rebuilt the Phoenix, I did get a good working all-mesh wick, I think it was unintentionally angled. The next few times I tried, it wouldn't vape very well. I'll try angling it. Thanks DantesInferno!

TBinAZ, I'll definitely check out the link, and experiment with it. I have a couple of Phoenix Atomizers, so I'll set each one up differently, then I can find the right setup :)

My drip tips are stainless steel ones from Super T Manufacturing that I bought years ago, and they don't fit in the Phoenix. I was about to sand down the tip, but find that vaping straight from the atomizer works great, the tip doesn't get really hot at all, even at 6 volts. And then when I'm lazy, I can just add liquid without pulling off any drip tip, or opening up the Phoenix. Plus, I have a small eGo case, and my Silver Bullet fits in it with the Phoenix on.

Thanks again for the advice, I'll start experimenting! :)

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I'm using the stainless steel ones right now...all I had to do was file out the drip tip hole a little and problem solved. Also taking your o-ring off the drip tip or putting a smaller one on the drip tip works.

Ya I've done that. My ss Ming is still pretty big though. Got my wedge siam mods tip in it so I'm all good. That's been my favorite tip of any I've tried.

mikeygar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Manila
Have a Phoenix myself and am getting inconsistent results. Sometimes really good, sometimes weak vapor. Have rebuilt and replaced the coils a handful of times already and everytime its a different experience. How many ohms are you guys building your coils at?

Am about to give up on this and get a proper genesis type soon...

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Have a Phoenix myself and am getting inconsistent results. Sometimes really good, sometimes weak vapor. Have rebuilt and replaced the coils a handful of times already and everytime its a different experience. How many ohms are you guys building your coils at?

Am about to give up on this and get a proper genesis type soon...

Put a SS mesh wick in there and you'll get the best vape you ever had. Space the coils out as much as possible and wrap it loosely enough to slide around on the wick. The thought of even considering trying another rebuildable hasn't even crossed my mind...that's how good it's working for me.

mikeygar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Manila
Put a SS mesh wick in there and you'll get the best vape you ever had. Space the coils out as much as possible and wrap it loosely enough to slide around on the wick. The thought of even considering trying another rebuildable hasn't even crossed my mind...that's how good it's working for me.

Happy to hear you're enjoying it. At what ohms and what voltage do you vape at? Am using 32 kanthal with a 1.4 ohm coil @3.4v and it's a bit better now, but still getting a bit more vapor using a boge 3 ohm cart and a tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Happy to hear you're enjoying it. At what ohms and what voltage do you vape at? Am using 32 kanthal with a 1.4 ohm coil @3.4v and it's a bit better now, but still getting a bit more vapor using a boge 3 ohm cart and a tank.

I use a 2.5 ohm coil at around 5 volts on the V/ZMax. Have you tried adjusting the air hole to set right next to the coil? The further your air hole is from the coil the less vapor you will get.

mikeygar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Manila
I use a 2.5 ohm coil at around 5 volts on the V/ZMax. Have you tried adjusting the air hole to set right next to the coil? The further your air hole is from the coil the less vapor you will get.

Thanks optimo will try a 2.5 coil next time I rebuild. And yes the hole is right across the stainless vertical wick I made :-(. Am using it on a provari mini, and will try 2.5 ohms/5v next time. Already tempted to enlarge the air hole but will do that once I exhaust all options on this guy. Will try it out over the weekend. Thanks man!

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Thanks optimo will try a 2.5 coil next time I rebuild. And yes the hole is right across the stainless vertical wick I made :-(. Am using it on a provari mini, and will try 2.5 ohms/5v next time. Already tempted to enlarge the air hole but will do that once I exhaust all options on this guy. Will try it out over the weekend. Thanks man!

Np, hope it works out for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread