Not open for further replies.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Thanks,
Can't wait to try it. Wanting to switch to weight for some time now.

If you have any questions, the folks on this thread are very helpful. I've used it for years and I'm still not using all of the features (no label printer). But for core functionality, it beats all the others I've tried.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Thanks. I got busy earlier, but realized I was going to have to run it on my laptop
No problem. Thanks for the info. Can't wait to try it.
The included Help file has lots of good info; be sure to check it out. And, we are here, if you need any help.
Enjoy!:toast:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Is Rod back in action? I thought I had an update notification today.
Maybe I'm crazy.

Saw your post and just checked. "No update available"; still sitting on version 8.0.0.8
upload_2018-2-21_18-1-43.png

Scouser

ECF Veteran
  • Aug 11, 2016
    Liverpool, UK
    HotRod's JuiceCalculator operates only in Windows environments (or Linux; using a Windows emulator). If you are using something else; I am afraid this is not for you.
    Incorrect. I have it running under "Wine" on my Mac. That's the platform I have always used since I started using this calculator back in 2015. It works perfectly, albeit there are label printing problems and every now and then it crashes but IMHO its about 95% stable running on the Mac.
    screenshot_809.jpg

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
    Aug 6, 2013
    WI, USA
    It works perfectly, albeit there are label printing problems and every now and then it crashes but IMHO its about 95% stable running on the Mac.

There are also some crashes here on Win10.. Some of them come about when doing some search and replacing of ingredients. Fortunately I don't do that often at all, but when I do I'm sure to save-exit-restart frequently (with backup at every exit set, as always - especially since @HotRod19579 isn't around to help with corrupted databases). There are other instances as well, but either I haven't been able to pin them down nor otherwise remember what might precipitate them ATM. The good news is that 99% of normal [daily] operations - add/delete/alter/modify-existing recipes - don't cause problems here.

Last edited:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    That's interesting @Hoggy. I'm running on Win10 too; and it has been stable as a rock for me. I can't even recall the last "event" I've had while running JC.
    ditto

Some of them come about when doing some search and replacing of ingredients.

Are you saying this happens when replacing one ingredient from within the recipe window for an established recipe? I do that fairly often, modify existing recipes, and I can't recall the last time this software has crashed or given an error for me. I also rarely use any of the more advanced tools or settings/features. I have so many recipes in my 'to be mixed' categories at this point I am probably good for the rest of my life without ever having to create a new recipe or even mix the same recipe twice. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread