Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
maybe try clicking on login, then select the resend activation email option?

Never had to use that option. They apparently manually activated my account, as I just logged in.

Not to be a negative nanny here, but if CASAA wants to be professional, it needs to do so away from a free forum server. Free forum servers are BAD NEWS.

Trust me, I tried them before. :(

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Playing Devil's Advocate:

I do worry about watering down our representation across so many forums outlets. Running a forum is a LOT of work and ECF, VF and RtV already have established communities and members. There seems to be a wide overlap of members who cross between the forums enough to keep everyone on topic and the diversity of each forums membership would allow for a wide range of views to be expressed without re-inventing the wheel so to speak.

Are you looking to replace ECF, VF, etc or to make a communal forum strictly for CASAA activities?

I just know we have a lot of goals and plans and limited time. You've come up with some fantastic ideas and I'm sure the well won't run dry anytime soon. :)
It's just a place purely for CASAA activities. No ads or general vaping talk, unless threads happen to go off topic.

10 CASAA subforums just doesn't sound very efficient. And most of the members will end up settling on one forum to go to - that will be the busiest. MOst likely, it'll be ECF. Now what do the non-members or banned folks do? How does anyone know what one forum is talking about? i don't belong to RtV. What if they are having a great CASAA discussion there and I miss the whole thing?

It just makes sense to have CASAA discussions on a CASAA forum.

If it gets too big, it can be upgraded for more bandwidth. Or we can start from scratch once the website is up and the board elected. I just wanted a place where ALL CASAA members could partake in the proceedings and give input.

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Never had to use that option. They apparently manually activated my account, as I just logged in.

Not to be a negative nanny here, but if CASAA wants to be professional, it needs to do so away from a free forum server. Free forum servers are BAD NEWS.

Trust me, I tried them before. :(

Good. that means that everyone who was waiting for the email can just go log in now.

This is just temporary, Jim. We needed a non-partisan place to for all members to be able to be in on the proceedings. We can move/upgrade later as needed! :)

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
That's what I thought Kristin was doing...or is this just an interim type forum until CASAA gets up and running? I thought there was going to be a forum that would be part of the CASAA website and accessed through there. Is my thinking right?
That would be my goal. But we needed something NOW - the natives were getting restless and cranky. Something not affiliated nor attached to ANY other forums was needed.

Once CASAA gets organized, we can upgrade or whatever. It'd be much better to have something tied to the site. I did the best i could on short notice and I've paid for the domain name and the ad-free forum. There are NO MORE ADS!

I was tired of everyone complaining and no one doing anything. I'm sorry if people aren't happy that I took initiative to try to heal some bruises and bring us together as a community. I know its not an ideal fix just yet, but work with me people!!

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
That would be my goal. But we needed something NOW - the natives were getting restless and cranky. Something not affiliated nor attached to ANY other forums was needed.

Once CASAA gets organized, we can upgrade or whatever. It'd be much better to have something tied to the site. I did the best i could on short notice and I've paid for the domain name and the ad-free forum. There are NO MORE ADS!

I was tired of everyone complaining and no one doing anything. I'm sorry if people aren't happy that I took initiative to try to heal some bruises and bring us together as a community. I know its not an ideal fix just yet, but work with me people!!

Good for you, Kristin!!! Certainly not complaining, just wanted a little clarification. I'm with ya!!

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Thanks for getting the ball rolling Kristin! Things can be tweaked as needed once CASAA is up and running.

Right now there's still a problem with the site though. When I choose English(United States) it kicks me back to the "I agree to terms" page. Hit the back button and it lets me continue to fill out the form, but when I "Submit" it takes me back to the "I agree to terms" page.

No confirmation email, and when I try to login and select "resend activation email" it says username doesn't exist.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
I was tired of everyone complaining and no one doing anything.

Preaching to the choir m'love. :)

Nice initiative, just wanted to be sure we weren't spreading too thin, too fast. Having my fellow brothers-in-arms from the CASAA Techno-Squad® with you is all I needed to know.

Last edited:

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Just a quick note to say that this is the first I've heard of banned members not being able to read ECF posts. That was certainly not my intention and I'll take a look at why this might be the case.

Obviously banned members can't access private social groups - perhaps that's what you mean? The public forums should be exactly that - viewable by all whether member, guest or banned.

Regards,

SJ

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Oops, sorry - kept meaning to remove that link and forgetting, what with all the server craziness going on.

It was closed by the original petition starter, and I don't think it can be reopened. Still, it got well above its aimed result of 10,000 signatures!

SJ

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Excellent idea on the independent forums. The forum wars are so ridiculous, while here, I can't even post any links to it in a private exchange with other users. It's like having my private phone calls bleeped out.

This forum is the single largest collection of ecig users in the world. VF boosts a membership of thousands of the most experienced ecig users in the world. CAASA needs to stay above all the petty wars and focus on vaping. The independent forum is a great first step.

Btw..I love how the election turned out. I'm cynical as hell as a general rule and the cream of that group definitely rose to the top. Kudos to the voters for the pleasant surprise.

mtndude

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Roan Mountain, TN
Just a quick note to say that this is the first I've heard of banned members not being able to read ECF posts. That was certainly not my intention and I'll take a look at why this might be the case.

Obviously banned members can't access private social groups - perhaps that's what you mean? The public forums should be exactly that - viewable by all whether member, guest or banned.

Regards,

SJ

You're right, SJ.. I can see the CASAA forums just fine without being registered or logged in. And for that matter, I suppose anyone could have just created a new identity if they wished to gain access to any area that isn't public.

congrats on the server upgrade!

Þornbjörg

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Tampa, FL
Sorry guys - I've been getting the dreaded "Server Busy" and couldn't get in to update. Another good reason for our own forum.

I paid to have the ads removed, so that should avoid any more confusion with signing up.

I saw everyone who waiting in the approval que and approved them, so you should be able to just log in now. Would someone please test this theory?

Finally signed up (was REALLY hoping you could talk Jim into using some of his space to set up a reliable non-forum-only host) and in the sign up process, there are STILL ads for overstock.

I clicked off it without hitting the wrong button and getting signed up for what I didn't want (I'll be slightly upset if I get hit with crap from them since I didn't agree to) and it said account inactive. I resent activation email, and still no email... yes, I checked spam.

I have a sneaking suspicion there's going to be nothing but headaches with the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread