New CloudPure Naturals! All Organic! Let me know what you think of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
Guys, I'm wanting a tobacco like juice that isn't sweet. I've been using Marlb USA Mix from Cignot and like the tatse but it is weak in flavor so looking for something similar to that if any of you have ever tried it. I know nothing tastes like real tobacco so that isn't the issue just something similar that isn't sweet. Hoping Bruce has something that will work for me.

Monda

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
I received a COV order today. The included a note saying their were out of one of the color of atomizers I ordered so they substituted it and also added a free drip tip to my order. NICE. I am trying out the blueberry pancake. I am not used to zero throat hit (VG) but the flavor is nice, not perfumey like all the other blueberry juices I have tried.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
Bruce, you offer some wonderful things. But can you explain how you know there is no diacetyl (or Acetoin, acetylpropionyl or other substitute) in your flavors? Natural organic butter contains diacetyl and related compounds, because they are what makes butter taste buttery. The only way you can be sure is to have a lab run a GLC/MS. I understand it is very very difficult for flavorists to create a rich vanillaey creamy flavor, or a pastry flavor, or a buttery anything, or coconut, without these compounds, because they are what our taste buds expect, it is what is naturally there, it's how mother nature does it. And, from what we know, these are harmless to eat, but it seems they damage respiratory tissues if inhaled. Ironically it's by juggling synthetics to simulate them that flavors with the least amount of diacetyl type compounds can be created. But some flavors apparently cannot be done without them, and I think we are naive if we demand rich heavy flavors, and expect to avoid toxins. This is a terrible thing for all if us who enjoy strongly flavored vape, but there doesn't seem to be a way around it for now. I (regretfully) personally am afraid of (and avoid) all buttery flavors, no matter the source, and try to use the least amount of ANY flavoring possible, because I don't think it's worth pushing it, given that almost NONE of them have been evaluated for possible toxicity when inhaled. This is not to pick on you, Bruce, but when the term "natural" is used, people develop unrealistic expectations. Hemlock is organic, as is that most personal and natural of events: our own demise. Natural does not equal safe, or desirable. :(

Last edited:

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
Guys, I'm wanting a tobacco like juice that isn't sweet. I've been using Marlb USA Mix from Cignot and like the tatse but it is weak in flavor so looking for something similar to that if any of you have ever tried it. I know nothing tastes like real tobacco so that isn't the issue just something similar that isn't sweet. Hoping Bruce has something that will work for me.

Unfortunately, the glycerin base that many people prefer is pretty sweet. You're likely going to have to lean on PG. What's on your side is that our perception of relative sweetness changes, so that relative to something sweeter, my VG based DIY "tobacco" efforts seem pretty dry. Curious what Bruce offers.

Last edited:

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
Brutus, try the COV4, Cured or Virginia. They taste great, but they are all VG.

Fernand, I was informed by my flavor source that there is no Diacetyl or etc in the flavorings and they come from certified organic sources.
I will check further into this issue, since you bring up very good points. Are you a chemist or are you researching this? You seem to be very knowledgeable.
I will inform you further as I will press for more information from the maker.

I will say that my juices use certified organic flavoring and organic certified vegetable glycerin and VG nicotine suspension. I am trying to bring the best to my customers.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
Bruce, you are clearly very conscientious and I'll certainly be ordering some of your products. The issues i raised are generic, and no way question you motives or integrity. It would be wonderful if your suppliers provided some analytical data, checking their flavorings for acetoin, diacetyl, acetylpropionyl and other diketones, in addition to certifying they blend in no additional diacetyl. I'll be the happiest camper if I can dare to use flavors like waffle, caramel creme, toffee and kona creme again!

OSHA states that "flavorings may be natural or manmade", that diacetyl and related compounds are "natural byproducts of fermentation", and that they contribute to the natural taste of wines, cheese, and fruit, including strawberry and banana.

When I see people vaping brown liquids with 25% flavorings, I wonder why they never stop to wonder if these compounds, about whose inhalation toxicity we know far less than about that of VG, PG and nicotine, are really harmless. Given what we have recently learned about butter flavorings, and how long it took to even start untangling these issues, I would hope people become a little more cautious. It would be tragic if, having escaped tobacco smoke, we got sick from flavorings that seem so innocent.

Last edited:

Tdol

Jul 28, 2010
Japan
I have been using the Menthol Tobacco (16mg) for a few weeks and it does make for an excellent vape.

Before this I was using a clear menthol juice and I have noticed that with this brown liquid, I have to clean out my atomizers quite a lot more frequently. Is this normal? If so, it doesn't bother me as I really like the flavour and the vapour, but I wondered if I was getting something wrong.

(PS Sorry if this is a repeat question, but it can be difficult to find things in a forum this big)

SikVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2010
Cali
I ordered of the COV4 on impulse, which is really wierd because I was never an RY4 guy. I kind of regretted it once I sent the order, but when it arrived I was pleasantly surprised. It tastes wonderful, kinda like caramel and vanilla but without that wierd RY4 aftertaste. Thumbs up!

The juice color is very dark, however. I was wondering, out of all the organic tobacco flavors, which is the one that is the clearest/has less color? Can anyone rank the tobacco flavors from light to dark?

Thanks.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
Bruce...doggone you. You've done it AGAIN! I somehow resisted the addiction to the crack you call Waffle but I fell hard for this Caramel Corn. Its exactly what I was expecting when I tried another version and - of course - I'm not the only one to have found it because you're sold out already.

Here's the dealio: its sweet without being annoying and has the sort of caramel taste cracker jacks do and not too much butter. The problem with others is there's too much butter or popcorn flavoring. This is a perfect recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread