The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Darwins

Discussion in 'Darwin' started by Retriever, Mar 14, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. supervape

supervape Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Lansing,Michigan
  2. bigpman

bigpman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2012
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    Get a Twist for the wait time...they are inexpensive and do a great job with variable voltage. Only goes to 4.8 though, but for me it's plenty...

3. BiffRocko

BiffRocko Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    San Diego, CA USA
  4. supervape

supervape Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Lansing,Michigan
    Hey thanks BiffRocko.. I have been using the 1.5 LR's as thats all I have ATM,,, I will have to order some 3 Ohm's or make myself 3 ohm or higher when my Ody comes in.. But before I had the Darwin I had the LR's so just using them up as not to waste them.. I know they waste a lot of energy but i had totally forgot about that! thanks for the heads up.. I have a CE2 Lr 1.5 new in the sealed packet but wish I had the 3 ohm for sure,, I have a HH .357 that should be here tomorrow that should last until I get the ody which should be around 7-10 days from now..

5. jpracing

jpracing Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2011
    Philippines
    Nope. I use 3ohms.
    I think the batteries in my oldest version just really needs
    to be replaced.
    By the way, anyone know how that woks? I mean how does it go
    when you want your Darwin to be serviced?

6. AaronY

AaronY Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Santa Monica
    Email Brandon at evolv he usually gets back to me in a couple of hours. Just send it in and the turn around is great. It worked out great at least for me. Evolv has a contact page on their website. That is the way to contact them. :)

7. jkmtwo

jkmtwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2012
    Lebanon TN
    Dual coils, if you are using dual coils you are killing your battery life, also its more efficiant to use higher ohm stuff as it is less of an amp draw on the batteries. That said, I agree with others, 5 hours even with dual coils and LR stuff is way too light, just a comparison, I have never ran mine dead, ever, never even been lower than 40%, but Thursday night I forgot to charge my Darwin overnight as i almost always do, and it vaped all day Friday until my Opus arrived, I vaped itfor about 6 hours, and when it died I went back to my Darwin, it lasted me until I went to bed, it probably saw a good 10-12 mils of juice over those two days, but it held up just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.