Status
Not open for further replies.

P2PLeon

Toot This, Toot That, Toot Everything
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 19, 2015
    Middlesbrough,UK
    myvapingright.com
    Getting used to having cough fits, but need to get used to vaping once again. Just need to find a balance in having High Nicotine Usage.

I have my wattage low to accommodate less vapour but able to have a long pull.

Using a Siren V2 with 9 watts on a coil that is 1.22ohms.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You are setting yourself up for failure becuase you keep saying and telling yoursel fhat you "quit smoking" when you really haven't. That makes you see yourself as constantly failing and therefore you see yourself as a "failure".

Dual usage is not failure, rather it's a road to success and is a success in and of itself. You cannot expect to drop smoking like you seem to think you can, it's not a good or realistic route for you (obviously).

Your goal should be to smoke less for now, not to quit completely.

P2PLeon

ECF Veteran
  • Jul 19, 2015
    Middlesbrough,UK
    myvapingright.com
    Well after having paid for some forum software, and trying to get it up and running, it did not work at first.

Then a week later tried again, but this time not to edit config file before use.

Then my scheme was all messed up, moved my prior forum to a subdomain. and now it works.

Now onto the point of me quitting, each time I try I always return to smoking. And I do not know the course of it.

It could be that since I am Schizophrenic, and they do smoke. That it is a release of happiness.

It is a hard habit to break, and since I am under the mental act, I do not want to get a relapse of state of mind.

I can do a few hours here and there, but I need to get at least 3 days under my belt, for me to fully transition to vaping. But it is this time that I just cannot obtain.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: Zazie

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I know that smoking rates are high among the schizophrenic population, and the theory is that it's a form of self-medication, because nicotine is known to help with various mental issues. But maybe some of the gazillion other chemicals in cigarettes help, too, and vaping does not supply them.

Or it could just be that it's just a powerful habit that is tremendously difficult to break.

Whatever the case, as usual, good luck.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Well after having paid for some forum software, and trying to get it up and running, it did not work at first.

Then a week later tried again, but this time not to edit config file before use.

Then my scheme was all messed up, moved my prior forum to a subdomain. and now it works.

What forum script are you trying to install and what type of forum do you plan to start?

Adomizer

May 4, 2021
    Good Luck Leon!

I quit smoking maybe over a month ago now. I used 50mg disposables with nic salt. Then I got down to 24mg and 18mg nic salt pods. Right now I am on my second pod on the VUSE alto since a week. I vape to get a few hits of nicotine.

Nicotine wears off after 8 hours in your body. It really doesn't take much with vaping.

Reactions: smacuser

P2PLeon

ECF Veteran
  • Jul 19, 2015
    Middlesbrough,UK
    myvapingright.com
    What forum script are you trying to install and what type of forum do you plan to start?

I paid for vBulletin 5 full license. As their cloud-based software is naff.

My forum is about E-Cigs, but I have restarted it a couple of times.

But Same Domain, the domain used to be linked to WordPress, as a blog.

I plan on having a few moderators on so it is dealt with, without me needing to be up 24/7.

but if someone would like to become one then please do sign up.

There has only been 28 posts so far. and only 5 members.

Will like for some of you to come by. And tell me what is missing.

Reactions: smacuser

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

It lacks active people and content. That is the reason for my comment that it's hard to get a forum off the ground. It easy to acquire or buy and then install the script, anyone can do that if they have a mind to. The hard part is to get enough people to frequent it in order to make other people want to sign up. This is what makes forums tough to get off the ground. Forums used to be easy to grow in 1992. But in 2021, mmmmmmmmmm, not so much. And one of those factors (but there are many more) is that the newer social media formats like FB have made the forum format undesirable to most of the internet population these days.

Now that smacuser reminded me, I remember telling you this before. Also, it's not really a good idea to use another forum to steal traffic for your own forum. You're not even much of a vaper yourself so why would we want to join you forum? That's not a virtual punch as much as it is just the truth. What value can you and your forum provide us that ECF already doesn't? Nothing, there is nothing there that makes people want to bother to sign up and make a post...and to keep going back to it after they do.

You should have saved your money on Vbulletin and used one of the free forum scripts. MyBB is excellent free forum script for a fledgling forum. You can always migrate to a better forum software (like Xenforo, better than VBulletin) later. It may not be ideal, but it's cheaper that way. No use spending money on a forum until you know it's going to work out, because 99% of the time it won't unless you uncover a niche, or a niche within a niche, that has a fairly big enough base of potential users yearning to form a community.

Last edited:

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I Also, it's not really a good idea to use another forum to steal traffic for your own forum. You're not even much of a vaper yourself so why would we want to join you forum? That's not a virtual punch as much as it is just the truth. What value can you and your forum provide us that ECF already doesn't? Nothing, there is nothing there that makes people want to bother to sign up and make a post...and to keep going back to it after they do.

This right here,if I'm honest it shows bad taste trying to wedge your forum in here...just sayin'

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada

This right here, if I'm honest it shows bad taste trying to wedge your forum in here...just sayin'

I hear you @Javichu, but all Leon did was to ask anyone who felt like it to check out his site and let him know 'what is missing'. IMHO, that's not really what I would consider in any way detrimental to ECF, specially considering how hard it is to start a new ecig forum these days :)

I know these things are pretty touchy-feely, but that's my take on it for whatever it's worth :rolleyes:

• Agree
    Reactions: Zazie

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I hear you @Javichu, but all Leon did was to ask anyone who felt like it to check out his site and let him know 'what is missing'. IMHO, that's not really what I would consider in any way detrimental to ECF, specially considering how hard it is to start a new ecig forum these days :)

I know these things are pretty touchy-feely, but that's my take on it for whatever it's worth :rolleyes:

No, he did more than asked for a look see. He asked for moderators as well.

I plan on having a few moderators on so it is dealt with, without me needing to be up 24/7.

but if someone would like to become one then please do sign up.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
    Jun 16, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    What is the best way to start a new day, by only vaping, if addicted to the ciggys too much.

I have lack of will power. But want to rekindle my love of vaping. As done 42 days about 5 years ago.

I was a 3 pack a day smoker and smoked for over 45 years. I tried the patches, the pills, the gum, and everything in between. I actually was told by a lung doctor that I would have to wear 2 of the strongest patches and still smoke a pack a day because I was such a heavy smoker.

I took a different approach. I smoked and vaped (24mg) for about 6 months. I kept decreasing the number of cigarettes by 1 or 2 until I was comfortable with that, then decreased it again, and again, etc...

Once I got down to 3 cigarettes a day (morning/afternoon/evening), I cut the morning one out first because that is the one I craved the most. Once I got over the morning hump, I realized I did not need them anymore and just vaped after that.

I fell off the wagon twice over the years (trying to reduce nic level too fast), and used the same process to quit again.

This time I decreased the nic level over years instead of months, and now vape at 6/12 mg, and have not smoked for going on 4 years now.

I think the body adjusts much better to gradual change than it does to sudden change.

JMO

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread