Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Yep, the No-Ox-Id special is much preferable over Noalox (which IMHO should not be used). The Deoxit Pens are great but I'm too cheap to spend the money. I don't use the No-Ox-Id because I feel the best conductivity is between clean metal surfaces without any 'grease' of any kind on the threads.

So I got a fiberglass scratch brush for a couple bucks and I lightly use that to clean the atty connection, the mods 510 pin, and the threads of the battery cap and the threads it screws into, as well as the battery contacts and the ends of the batteries too. Amazing the different you can see on a 510 pin going from dull to shiny with just a few twists of the pen on it.

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 10.33.01 PM.png

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
The fiberglass pen is recommended by many experts for cleaning contacts that may become dirty or develop oxidation. But use some care during and after using. The tiny fiberglass rods will tend to break off in small pieces at the tip during use - which is why these are like mechanical pencils and have a mechanism to advance the "lead" as the tip degrades. I ususally blast the item I've cleaned with canned air after using.

I doubt there is any chance of inhalation, but can vouch that sticking one of those small pieces into your skin can cause a noticeable itch that lasts until your skin rejects the piece and pushes it back out of your body. I first experienced that small level of discomfort years ago while working on cars with fiberglass bodies. No, it's not a serious health issue, won't cause a disease, but can be really really annoying.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Are there any ways of getting a Dani Box within the states? I was able to order some time ago before the whole regulation stuff happened through cdV but they've taken out card purchases and paypal since then
THAT is a BUMMER (CdV)!!!!!!!!!! :(

That got-awful "Dicodes USA" place, if they're still around, but their reputation is far from sparkling.

Keith's got some yankee roots, so I'm surprised he hasn't made arrangements for US folks to buy. What's he accepting for payment these days? It's been a while for me...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Are there any ways of getting a Dani Box within the states? I was able to order some time ago before the whole regulation stuff happened through cdV but they've taken out card purchases and paypal since then

I'm going to have to read more closely. I'm not seeing anything about that change. :\

THAT is a BUMMER (CdV)!!!!!!!!!! :(

That got-awful "Dicodes USA" place, if they're still around, but their reputation is far from sparkling.

Keith's got some yankee roots, so I'm surprised he hasn't made arrangements for US folks to buy. What's he accepting for payment these days? It's been a while for me...
I think they offer a bank transfer option, I'm not sure how all of that works, maybe I'll reach out to them about it

Dicodes-USA sounds like a scam, maybe not but very sketchy
I'm going to have to read more closely. I'm not seeing anything about that change. :\
Sorry, again it's been a while, I just read up on the international customer info page. My last purchase there was using paypal

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I think they offer a bank transfer option, I'm not sure how all of that works, maybe I'll reach out to them about it

Dicodes-USA sounds like a scam, maybe not but very sketchy

Sorry, again it's been a while, I just read up on the international customer info page. My last purchase there was using paypal

Yeah- I'd avoid Dicodes USA if you can. Maybe you'll run into someone reputable here that has one too. That's often a great option.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I was curious so I did write Keith over the weekend. He responded immediately, probably to nobody's surprise, but life has kept me busy since. I did want to update this thread though, since it was a topic.

Apparently, after PayPal closed CdV's account (with no warning back in Nov-2020), they did get a new credit card processor. Unfortunately though, that new one refused to accept payments for vaping stuff for US billing addresses.

They're able to accept cc payments from every other country in the world, but not us (smh)

US orders now must be done via direct international bank transfer. Bank of America does them for free, or you can use ‘Revolut’ to send payments.

On a positive note, the exchange rate you get through Revolut is MUCH better than you would get using your credit card or PayPal even. So in the end you actually save money for the extra hassle.

CdV continues to get orders from the US regularly, shipping via DHL Express (USPS started rejecting everything a while back).

After seeing all of this, while I'm personally not in the market for anything vape related anymore, I'm genuinely considering finding something from CdV just to (a) support them, and (b) experience what it's like for myself.

I am of the (obviously biased) opinion that CdV is one of the best vendors I've ever dealt with, and am thrilled that they're still around for vapers. Too many of the great ones have thrown in the towel (not that I can blame them), and if I can do even one tiny thing to support one of the great ones, well, I just might.

I don't know if all of this blather was worth anything to anyone, but I felt compelled...

Long live Crème de Vape :vapor:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I am of the (obviously biased) opinion that CdV is one of the best vendors I've ever dealt with, and am thrilled that they're still around for vapers. Too many of the great ones have thrown in the towel (not that I can blame them), and if I can do even one tiny thing to support one of the great ones, well, I just might.

I don't know if all of this blather was worth anything to anyone, but I felt compelled...
I agree with absoluteness. CdV has been one of those vendors you just wish they ALL kould be!

Nor do I find myself in the market for more vape (oh save me from me!), I would not hesitate for a minute to recommend CdV to anyone.

So yes, DpL, the blather is worth it.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
CdV, Dicodes, and Evolv are 3 that I would defend their business practices against all comers.

I tend to do stupid things with shiny, new vape gear.
Never once has any of those three done anything except to make things right again at no cost to the idiot (me) who broke the device.
All 3 have answered any question put to them quickly and accurately.
Keith especially takes a great deal of time to get an answer from the manufacturer if he isn't sure.

If only there was something I wanted on the market...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread