New e cig user and my experience with BluCigs NOT GOOD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SALLYGOODIN

Feb 26, 2013
Idaho
Hi Everyone,
Just want to share my experience so far with BluCig. Yes I bought the disposable on a whim like many others. Yes I have gone totally to e cigs since then, 2 weeks, I did like the disposable, it lasted like a day for me, and tasted good. I will not love Blucigs because they happened to be there when I quit because ANY good disposable would have done the same thing. I think e cigs in general are little miracles that help us old timers quit smoking
Anyway, I was thrilled that maybe I could quit after all so ran to Walmart and got the Fin kit with 5 pkgs of cartomizers. They were the only store open. I did figure well the Blucig looks pretty classy and with it's rechargeable case would love to have one. so I went back to the Tobacco shop and purchased one. Took it home and charged the pack and one battery. Decided to charge the other battery in the pack. When I went to screw it in, it smoked and could smell melting wire or plastic. no it was not Vapor it was SMOKE!

It wouldnt ever charge after that. i took it back to the shop and thought I would buy another battery while I wait for an exchange. He said they don't sell the batteries alone. So am wondering if Blucig only sells spare batteries online? anyway they asked me to go home and get the 800 number so he could find what to do. He said trying all day, he would wait and wait and eventually would just get hung up on. So he talked to his distributor and he said for me to take the whole kit back in and they would have a new kit for me there by friday. Sure enough I went and got the new kit. Used it for a couple days, but again, had a battery fail. it won't charge no matter what I do. So I looked online about what to do. As far as I can figure if you didn't buy your blucig from them they don't cover any warranty but perhaps I need to try harder. I thought well, why I don't I just order a new battery for $12.95 and eat the loss. BUT if I have it shipped first class which would be the cheapest, They won't guarantee delivery. WHAT? it would only cost around $1.75 plus .35 fee for delivery confirmation with first class usps mail. I wouldn't even have minded paying a small handling fee which is normal BUT no if I want protection I will have to have it shipped UPS which would cost a min of $6-7 making the battery cost me a total of around $20.00.

I understand the short battery charge is because it is small, but 45 minutes isn't too good but besides that what good does that even do if the batteries don't work?

I am not happy at all, and sounds like they are slow and am kind of mad that they never would ans my vendor and hang up on him all the time. He is really a good fellow and I hated to put him through this.

Much happier with the Walmart Fin system, was cheap and it works. They don't taste as good as the blucig tobacco one. but at least they work .....

In the meantime I also have an Ego-C and Ego-T and 24 mg liquid and very happy with them. I would still like to keep the Blu Cig stuff as back up but now with only 1 battery that has been proven to fail,

I am not real happy with them is what I am trying to say I guess. perhaps one of these days I will buy an extra battery. It doesn't do me much good with one. but not answering their phones and refusing to guarantee arrival unless you use UPS is in my book a good reason to dislike and distrust this company and product. Thanks for letting me Vent!

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
The Original Blu kit sucks.
You can buy a spare battery from Volcano.
It's the exact same model. They're less than $10.
I'm glad I have the Premium 100. Still works perfectly after 6 months.

Volcano has the right polarity? I understand Blu reversed theirs to lock customers in (nice of them eh?).

Some of the kit I like and I'm thinking of keeping it around as my "portable" for running errands and whatever but the batteries are pretty awful. I have one that works well (though not long enough), one that is flaky and it never seems to charge to the same level each time (like it picks a random number or something, very annoying).

Had I found ECF before buying from Blu, I wouldn't have. But cash is tight and I can't really afford to toss it and start over. Since it's a 510 (more or less), I'm trying to "migrate away" as it were.

Would love to find replacement batteries from somebody else...

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
Yes it's the same polarity. Jet Cigs also sells an inexpensive 510 kit, and delicious flavored cartridges. I use their bats as a backup.
The Volcano batteries are the same as Blu original ones.
Their V pack will also charge Blu bats.
I wish their cartridges were good. Bought a few boxes on clearance.
They are PG heavy & vapor level sucks. Flavors are ok though.
I'll save them for stealth vaping.
Blu is getting better with shipping.
Placed an order Friday night. It shipped this morning.
That almost makes up for them charging sales tax!

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Yes it's the same polarity. Jet Cigs also sells an inexpensive 510 kit, and delicious flavored cartridges. I use their bats as a backup. The Volcano batteries are the same as Blu original ones. Their V pack will also charge Blu bats.

Great! Thanks. I've seen this commented on here and there and wanted to make sure I wasn't getting it all scrambled (I'm still a newbie, week and half now).

I just don't trust Blu on batteries anymore. As I said, a week and a half and I have one that is totally flaky and the other is starting to get touchy. I want to like Blu. They have a nice style. Product looks sharp. Has a "cool" factor. They seem to have forgot the QA part. You know, that "make it work" bit?

Even in a short time, they strike me as mediocre and overpriced. Maybe they'll get better over time. Right now, though, I want to edge away from them. Money's too tight toss the starter kit and start over so I'm going to add stuff here and there as I can.

I wish their cartridges were good. Bought a few boxes on clearance. They are PG heavy & vapor level sucks. Flavors are ok though.
I'll save them for stealth vaping. Blu is getting better with shipping. Placed an order Friday night. It shipped this morning.
That almost makes up for them charging sales tax!

Well, the sales tax thing? That's not their fault. That fight has been going on for years now. Since we're talking sales across state lines, it's Congress that should straighten things out. It's their "jurisdiction". When the Internet was first growing, they preempted the states and banned state taxes on Internet sales to encourage online business growth. But then they wandered off and... I dunno... shoved pennies up their noses or something.

They should come up with a federal, interstate, Internet sales tax that's uniform nationally and preempt the states. They could even divvy up the money to the states. But something where online businesses don't have to deal with ten thousand different tax rates. I mean, my state has a state sales tax, counties can have one on top, and cities can have one on top of that. There can be different rates within the same freaking county. Much less the state.

But this Congress act sane? Yeah I ain't holding my breath. :)

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
When the Internet was first growing, they preempted the states and banned state taxes on Internet sales to encourage online business growth. But then they wandered off and... I dunno... shoved pennies up their noses or something.

There's a considerable number of Supreme Court decisions denying states the power to collect sales tax on interstate sales if the vendor does not have a presence in the state, based on the Commerce Clause of the Constitution. Those decisions say that it's up to Congress to create legislation allowing states to do this. But the effect of allowing this would be so stultifying on interstate commerce (not just internet sales) that Congress wants nothing to do with it, no matter which party is in power.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
I guess since Big Tobacco owns Blu.
They technically have a presence in every state.
Their shipping is still free, so it's kind of a wash.
My last order shipped the next day. Hopefully, that will continue.
I'm glad that I shelled out the extra few bucks, for the Premium 100.
The battery life is good for a mini. Cartridges last longer too.

I use the JC Vea @ home. It blows away Blu; JC cartomizers are designed to be refilled. I would rather use a mini when out.
Also people know exactly what it is.

Volcano hardware and liquids are good. They need to redesign their prefilled cartos. The fact that they burn @ 3.7 volts is crazy.
I would just order from Jet Cigs.
You can get two 510 bats & a USB charger for $15.
5 packs of flavored cartos for $6. Their high strength is 22mg.
Use the coupon code CHECKOUT50 for half off everything.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
I guess since Big Tobacco owns Blu.
They technically have a presence in every state.
Their shipping is still free, so it's kind of a wash.
My last order shipped the next day. Hopefully, that will continue.
I'm glad that I shelled out the extra few bucks, for the Premium 100.
The battery life is good for a mini. Cartridges last longer too.

I use the JC Vea @ home. It blows away Blu; JC cartomizers are designed to be refilled. I would rather use a mini when out.
Also people know exactly what it is.

Volcano hardware and liquids are good. They need to redesign their prefilled cartos. The fact that they burn @ 3.7 volts is crazy.
I would just order from Jet Cigs.
You can get two 510 bats & a USB charger for $15.
5 packs of flavored cartos for $6. Their high strength is 22mg.
Use the coupon code CHECKOUT50 for half off everything.
I guess that''s the case as well!

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
i loved my Blu cig disposables and the starter kit. I have been using the Blu for about a month and been smoke free during that period of time. However, the Blu cig kit had me wanting a better experience. As such, today, I received my Joyetech eGo c twist and some clearomizers, and juice. I received everything 2 days earlier than expected. Wow . . . What a difference in flavor and throat hit!!!!

Blu cig got me started and allowed me to quit the analogs after 3 decades of smoking.

Looking at a ProVari set-up for using at home, now.

IMO the problem with Blu and most of the other types that are mass marketed and use no refill carts is that when you buy a disposable and like it, the rechargeable doesn't even taste the same. I have the Blu set and didn't have a problem with batteries going bad as much as it seems they don't put out enough voltage to begin with to get a good draw out of them. I guess that is what you get when you try to make it that small.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
IMO the problem with Blu and most of the other types that are mass marketed and use no refill carts is that when you buy a disposable and like it, the rechargeable doesn't even taste the same. I have the Blu set and didn't have a problem with batteries going bad as much as it seems they don't put out enough voltage to begin with to get a good draw out of them. I guess that is what you get when you try to make it that small.

Kind of agree, but I think they are still good!

IRISH BULL

Feb 1, 2013
Chicago
i loved my Blu cig disposables and the starter kit. I have been using the Blu for about a month and been smoke free during that period of time. However, the Blu cig kit had me wanting a better experience. As such, today, I received my Joyetech eGo c twist and some clearomizers, and juice. I received everything 2 days earlier than expected. Wow . . . What a difference in flavor and throat hit!!!!

Blu cig got me started and allowed me to quit the analogs after 3 decades of smoking.

Looking at a ProVari set-up for using at home, now.

This is exactly what I am looking into now. I just want to make sure the clearomizers I am looking at are decent for a beginner. I was thinking about the Kanger T2's from Mt Baker Vapor. I love my blu, but I want bigger and better hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread