Status
Not open for further replies.

enki

Feb 13, 2011
Florida
While I agree that it seems like some attys are hit-or-miss, I (and many others) have had great success. I just started vaping 5 weeks ago, and have been using the tornado tank the entire time. I've been rotating between two attys, usually one a week, without any major problems. Once in a while I'll get a dry hit or have some bad taste, but based on other people's comments about priming the atty occasionally, those issues have gone away. I get great vapor production and taste.

I went with the tank because, especially being new to vaping, I didn't want a high maintenance product. I wanted something I could fill up once or twice a day, and use it whenever I needed to without having to worry about dripping or refilling carts. And for me, it has met that requirement.

I think that if the manufacturer can fix the QA issues and consistently put out a good product, then the overall review will improve significantly.

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
Agree, its a recurring theme with this stuff. In a state of constant refinement and changing faster than a definitive guide can be made. Having read every post in this thread has made all the difference for me using this device. Some info I have taken has been:

1. Line up the channels in tank with air channel in atty may give better air flow
2. Juice choice matters (stronger flavors better imo)
3. Fill tanks less than 100% full
4. Wick position in piercing tube matters
5. Primer puffs with battery off can help at times
6. Chad in tank could possibly block piercing tube
7. Buy the transparent/semitransparent tanks
8. Remove first two plugs from tank (better th-less condensate)

my ego-t has been working like a champ for over a month now.
my recommendations are pretty much the same.
dry hits? adjust wick a hair.
lack of flavor? remove insert from mouthpiece (i leave the top one in, but remove the little one underneath)
primer puffs now and then to keep it all flowing
transparent tanks to keep an eye on levels

i'm extremely happy - and i haven't needed to do cleaning/blow out the atty/dry burn. it's been just working. fill tanks with a syringe and go. you can't beat the convenience.
Pretty much the same for me...tried not to mess with it a lot. Not sure the tank alignment matters too much.
Just poked the wick down a bit, took out the second insert, and soak them in boiled distilled water and let dry overnight when I've thought it was needed. I get flavor, I get vapor, no leaks so I'm happy.

tenzip

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Lincoln, NE, USA
I also am really enjoying my eGo-T. I find it unfortunate that some folks are having a lot of trouble with it.

The suggestions ^^^^ are good. I also think enlarging the opening to the channel in the side of the tank helped quite a bit in my case. Taking the plugs out of the mouthpiece or drilling more holes in them likewise.

Cleaning the atty when flavor drops off or draw gets tight.

Not doing dry burns. Soak it in PGA, let it dry for half an hour, blowing gently through it occasionally, then use. I'm not sure what good dry burns do, besides shorten the life of the coil.

Oh, and when referring to posts back in a big thread, folks, please use the post number, instead of the page number. With my settings, we're on page 48 currently, not 100+.

Any problems with function of it at all?

Can you rate the vapor production, taste, throat hit and battery life?

vs my 510, direct dripping, as that is my only comparison model: Vapor - roughly the same, but the ego-t lasts longer; Taste - ego-t by far Throat hit - ego-t by a fair margin (both were good, but ego-t lasts longer - 510 fades) Battery life - these two devices aren`t even in the same league here - ego-t by a mile.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
No flavor problems for me. Some of my juices taste a little different in the tank system, - different but not weaker. No leaking, either (knock on wood, i guess). I did adjust the wick a little on one of my attys - and I do remove the inner mouthpiece insert - and I don't fill the tanks completely up (I fill within a centimeter of the cap) - and I do line of the tank to the channels (saw it in a video review before I purchased, so I just do it... not sure it matters that much).

I will say this, though: Following this thread for what seems like forever made me a little nervous that this system could fail me, so I did get couple of mega attys and carts just in case.

The tank system has spoiled me a little because I'm not topping off carts all the time and it has so far given me very consistent performance. In fact, my new-style batteries with the 5 click disable came in the other day, and I think I'm going to put my 510s and PCC aside for a while and carry the tank during the day while I'm working.

At one time there were pictures of a tank atty autopsy in this thread. Those pics seem to have went bye-bye.

Does anyone know where I might see pics of the inside of one of these?

I had one die on me :( and I want to go DR.Frankenstein on it and see if I could bring it back from the dead. Seeing those pics again might help me do it without destroying it, maybe.

The pictures are here

Here is an outstanding video of the atomizer dissection as well

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
1 week in on the tank, (1 year vaping with a pretty long 6 month analog relapse due to technical frustration) I just got 3 more atomizers and i'm cautiously optimistic. I had hoped this might be the vaping system that would just work and i wouldn't have to haunt this forum (which as most have noted is the MOST reliable place for information on e-cigs i have found on the internet) learning all kinds of tips and tricks to get it right but i am resigned to that and committed to staying away from the stinking weed.

I had a couple of great days this last week and now that i have 4 tank atomizers 4 solid ego batteries (including the elegant 650 mAh pass through and a 1000 mAh super batt) and about 5-10 more or less functional standard 510 atomizers i feel pretty sure i wont fall into the burnt atomizer crappy juice hole i got into the first time around (once my mega juice order arrives)

I'm dismayed to hear about all the tank atomizer failures. Except for the leaking my first one is performing ok (one week)

the biggest beef i have is that the tanks themselves seem really cheap (not inexpensive). the very first e-cig i bought (January 2010) was no-brand thing called the clean electronic cigarette sgs. it had a filler free cart that ended with a foil cap, a piercing atomizer that pierced the foil in exactly the right shape and produce a clean clear vape. no leaks, no mess no pain.

everything but the cart atomizer set up sucked (battery meltdown, no atomizers on the market, overpriced refills if any to be found etc) but the cart-atomizer form was sweet. it was pretty much the same as the ego-tank. of course it was tiny and designed to look like a camel filter but it featured a piercing atomizer with a couple of vent channels on the side of the cart. It was perhaps a 401 or m4 --it had same threads as 510 but male-female reversed. never see them much on this forum. but the basic design concept was sound.

any knock off tanks out there yet. mod tricks for saving the carts--i'm thinking of trying to jam some aluminum foil on one--anybody playing with their carts?

the foil did mean it wouldn't be much good on the refill front but the effect was very close to dripping. anyway seems to me a better cap design could improve the ego tank substantially. my main problem has been leaking. still testing out the three new atomizers i got today and trying to figure out if the wick issue is really the root of it.

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
p.s. I found vicki from cignot's video on how to tweak a wick but it was not very useful is there another one out there with a real tank atomizer video or close up camera shots. I can barely see this wick, how am i supposed to hook it and pull it up to slow down these leaks (if that is in fact why it's leaking.) also you measuring types have you been able to verify the diameter of the puncturing element and the hole...or is the design problem more fundamental (clogs and burns goes kaput regardless of leaks)

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
Quote Originally Posted by OaklandCA a couple days ago
View Post
wondering why this is such a monster thread and if the hosts could create (or already havecreated but i can't find) a new sub-forum for the tank. 510 joye is a bit too big a territory and it seems there are multiple issues and folks are coming up with specific tips and tricks but wading through 184 pages of posts is a pain.
It already exists: eGo Type Models
eGo Type Models
aha thanks. i.m back to looking through here and now i see it. Perhaps the moderator could somehow make this clear so that nearly new members who can't figure out the site design can find it when they stumble across this monster thread.

Last edited:

AlbertaClipper

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Ponoka, Alberta
I agree ENTIRELY. The topic does not already exist in "eGo type models". This thing has really taken on a life of its own and needs its own subforum. I sent in a message to the powers that be, so maybe others should, too, to forum@e-cigarette-forum.com so that new vapers can more easily get their answers to their Tank questions. Thankyou to ECF for the opportunity to discuss these PV's!!!

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
pics in middle of page 145 thanks to juicejunky ...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...iscussion/139915-new-ego-tank-system-145.html

hmmm fluval huh? how's that working for you ?

I have the flu or something & in my feverish rambling mind a little bit ago ...
I had the thought that the only way to save these puppies would be if we could have the right sized BRAIDED WICK ...cuz I have checked on & replaced my wick several times now & the wicking is just to fragile & comes apart to easily,which then sticks to coil & burns & is a PIA to clean out & set up new wick ....it is do'able tho...

AND I do wanna say , thanks for your posts & sharing your experiences.

I am SO GLAD that there are SOME WORKING EGO-T's out there !!

I feel so BAD for the POOR vendors that sold these,
I don't know the exact fail rate on these .but from the #of postings I can guess it's not good.

ok rambling over, managed a roll & fruit cup & tylenol ,so back to bed ...
so nice not to be a smoker anymore the flu is even easier w/a PV !

Last edited:

shepp

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Virginia
i've been reading thru the pages and pages and pages of posts on these...and i too have been all over this set up. i'm going on about 4 days now of putting this thing thru hell...dry burns, chain-vaping, constantly changing tanks...so far i am really impressed with this. NOTHING is perfect...we all know this, and this is also such a new system that if you are willing and able to go thru the trial and error, our information is whats gonna really help this system evolve and become the "holy grail" that we all hope for. remember, ten years ago these things weren't even around...theres always trial and error on new products especially when taking a leap of faith and the fact that mik and other designers have taken that leap, its enough to go through the good and the bad to seeing this system become the wave of the future. to get away from cartomizers and taking the chance of burning filler and what not, or the hassles of dripping, i'm gonna take that leap with them. i have yet to have any MAJOR problems with my tanks or attys and it sucks that some of you have...but keep all what i've said in the back of your head... because we are what help them develop these new products and designs. and with all that being said, thank you janty for all your efforts for making vaping the best experience it can be for all of us. :)

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
i've been reading thru the pages and pages and pages of posts on these...and i too have been all over this set up. i'm going on about 4 days now of putting this thing thru hell...dry burns, chain-vaping, constantly changing tanks...so far i am really impressed with this. NOTHING is perfect...we all know this, and this is also such a new system that if you are willing and able to go thru the trial and error, our information is whats gonna really help this system evolve and become the "holy grail" that we all hope for. remember, ten years ago these things weren't even around...theres always trial and error on new products especially when taking a leap of faith and the fact that mik and other designers have taken that leap, its enough to go through the good and the bad to seeing this system become the wave of the future. to get away from cartomizers and taking the chance of burning filler and what not, or the hassles of dripping, i'm gonna take that leap with them. i have yet to have any MAJOR problems with my tanks or attys and it sucks that some of you have...but keep all what i've said in the back of your head... because we are what help them develop these new products and designs. and with all that being said, thank you janty for all your efforts for making vaping the best experience it can be for all of us. :)

Is Janty paying you? Or are you kissing their ... just for free?????????
Because in the case of most of us: WE are payin THEM................... So, the whole 'development / beta stage' thing sounds cool, but if we are gonna be part of the process, which is a pain BTW, then, maybe, we should also be part of their winnings, dont you think?

EDIT: This is not meant to be an insult of any kind; Im not mad at you; you've got a point and sound logical. Im just mad at Janty for they have promised me eternal-tesla-life, heee! So dont take this personal... We cool?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Is Janty paying you? Or are you kissing their ... just for free?????????
Because in the case of most of us: WE are payin THEM................... So, the whole 'development / beta stage' thing sounds cool, but if we are gonna be part of the process, which is a pain BTW, then, maybe, we should also be part of their winnings, dont you think?

EDIT: This is not meant to be an insult of any kind; Im not mad at you; you've got a point and sound logical. Im just mad at Janty for they have promised me eternal-tesla-life, heee! So dont take this personal... We cool?

Hmmm, that was a bit harsh...

We're just sharing our experiences here, aren't we?

I've been using my two atties for 5 weeks without any major problems whatsoever. Two atties and two tanks. I never had a leak, I had maybe a couple of dry hits at the beginning, mainly because I had ordered those black tanks and I couldn't see how much juice I had left in them.

And I assure you that nobody is paying me. I wish they would. Not even a free tank...

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
Amen revolver.
Had to laugh to myself when one vendor told me there has been a supprisingly low number of failure's with this atty.
OK, then why the DOA/48 hr policy only if that rate is so low? I'd like to believe it, but don't right now.

I think alot if not most who use this thing love the no-fuss experience, but only if it works right long enough to justify its cost.

Not like this "process" were going thru is anything close to new for anyone who's been around awhile-atomizer, cartomizers, mods, etc....
The dissapointment to me is I was hoping this whole darn "development stage" was finally completed with "something" that worked so excellent initially.

And now with so many more juice's and more and more being VG......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread